Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Re: WWE SmackDown Discussion I 

Post#521 » by Polk377 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:26 pm

whysoserious wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
Sunny managed 4 teams. The Bodydonnas, The Godwinns, The Smoking Gunns and LOD 2000 later as a face. All of those teams were WWF Tag Team Champions while she was managing them. Her angle was a championship gold digger jumping ship to the next team that won the championships and managing them. None of those teams were great but Sunny was still the star and what people tuned in for.

You basically answered your own question, they were champs that basically no one remembers and LOD 2000 was a complete joke. Were any of those teams elevated? Being champs doesn't mean you were good, someone has to hold the belts. Would anyone consider the Bodydonnas a good team? Sunny being with them presented an opportunity to hold the belts and then they were quickly forgotten.

Same thing happens to any team you put Bliss with so what's the point. Let Bliss do her thing in the womens division, instead of bring her down a level to just be a mouth piece for some team that really isn't going anywhere.

It doesn't matter who she is with because she will be the star of the segment anyway! That is simply what I am saying. The other talent will get a reaction based on Blss and not the other way around. The tag division is stale and having Bliss be able to use her talents on the mic in an extra segment isn't a bad thing. It just gets her extra exposure away from these 6 pack, fatal fourway, 6 woman tags they force the Smackdown women on weekly where she is given less than a minute to talk because someone else cuts her off.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#522 » by whysoserious » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:32 pm

Polk377 wrote:It doesn't matter who she is with because she will be the star of the segment anyway! That is simply what I am saying. The other talent will get a reaction based on Blss and not the other way around. The tag division is stale and having Bliss be able to use her talents on the mic in an extra segment isn't a bad thing. It just gets her extra exposure away from these 6 pack, fatal fourway, 6 woman tags they force the Smackdown women on weekly where she is given less than a minute to talk because someone else cuts her off.

So you're entire premise is based around getting her more exposure and mic time? Why does she need a tag team for that? What good does that do for her? TV Time? You don't think just TV Time on her own is as valuable?

I don't think you seem to understand the impact of sticking her with a team that's going nowhere does for her. The tag division is already developing nicely with the AA/Usos angle and Rhyno/Heath. Getting the Ascension, Vaudevillains, Breezango or any of those lesser teams more time just to stand there while you promote Bliss does nothing for anyone really.

Just let Bliss earn her time as a singles competitor. You're just doing it for the sake of doing it. Instead write her some compelling segments that has nothing to do with the tag teams if you want her to have more TV team. None of those teams really should be getting TV time.
Polk377
General Manager

Post#523 » by Polk377 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:07 pm

whysoserious wrote:
Polk377 wrote:It doesn't matter who she is with because she will be the star of the segment anyway! That is simply what I am saying. The other talent will get a reaction based on Blss and not the other way around. The tag division is stale and having Bliss be able to use her talents on the mic in an extra segment isn't a bad thing. It just gets her extra exposure away from these 6 pack, fatal fourway, 6 woman tags they force the Smackdown women on weekly where she is given less than a minute to talk because someone else cuts her off.

So you're entire premise is based around getting her more exposure and mic time? Why does she need a tag team for that? What good does that do for her? TV Time? You don't think just TV Time on her own is as valuable?

I don't think you seem to understand the impact of sticking her with a team that's going nowhere does for her. The tag division is already developing nicely with the AA/Usos angle and Rhyno/Heath. Getting the Ascension, Vaudevillains, Breezango or any of those lesser teams m
ore time just to stand there while you promote Bliss does nothing for anyone really.

Just let Bliss earn her time as a singles competitor. You're just doing it for the sake of doing it. Instead write her some compelling segments that has nothing to do with the tag teams if you want her to have more TV team. None of those teams really should be getting TV time.

We will simply agree to disagree then.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#524 » by skbucks1985 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:53 am

Dunthreevy wrote:
Stanford wrote:Trish I guess.

Kinda. She was transitioning away from being a valet/manager by the time she was starting to compete in matches, and then eventually becoming really good in the ring.

Lita was, kinda. She wasn't really a manager or valet in the traditional sense but she was definitely competing in matches when she was with Matt and Jeff full-time as well. And she was more of a traditional manager/valet when she was with Edge and she was women's champ for part of that run.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#525 » by tugs » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:48 am

I'll probably add Melina. But just for argument's sake, the tag teams with Trish, Lita, and Melina were all capable and interesting.
whysoserious
RealGM

Post#526 » by whysoserious » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:01 pm

safi wrote:
Dunthreevy wrote:
Stanford wrote:Trish I guess.

Kinda. She was transitioning away from being a valet/manager by the time she was starting to compete in matches, and then eventually becoming really good in the ring.

Lita was, kinda. She wasn't really a manager or valet in the traditional sense but she was definitely competing in matches when she was with Matt and Jeff full-time as well. And she was more of a traditional manager/valet when she was with Edge and she was women's champ for part of that run.

It was also a pretty weak women's division back then and the women on the WWE prior to LIta/Trish's battle and re-establishing the title were there simply for sex appeal in the attitude era so if you wanted TV time, you kind of had to partner up. And that tag feud with the Hardy's/Lita vs E&C/Trish kind of set the two of them to go on their own.

Right now, the WWE is heavily investing in the women's division so partnering up Bliss again makes no sense if the only goal is more TV time and mic time. She can get that in the division.
Polk377
General Manager

Post#527 » by Polk377 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:16 pm

whysoserious wrote:
safi wrote:
Dunthreevy wrote:Kinda. She was transitioning away from being a valet/manager by the time she was starting to compete in matches, and then eventually becoming really good in the ring.

It was also a pretty weak women's division back then and the women on the WWE prior to LIta/Trish's battle and re-establishing the title were there simply for sex appeal in the attitude era so if you wanted TV time, you kind of had to partner up. And that tag feud with the Hardy's/Lita vs E&C/Trish kind of set the two of them to go on their own.

Right now, the WWE is heavily investing in the women's division so partnering up Bliss again makes no sense if the only goal is more TV time and mic time. She can get that in the division.

Really? How long have women not named Charlotte, Sasha and Becky had to talk since the division started? The division is top heavy and all of the other women get lost in the middle with 6 pack challenges and 6 women tags. Bliss while having a good personality and look is not a top female wrestler. She is never going to surpass Becky, Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley, Nia Jax, Nikki Bella, Emma or Asuka in the ring. She needs another outlet to maximize her potential as a character. Don't believe it if you want but that is the truth.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#528 » by Dunthreevy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:36 pm

Polk377 wrote:
whysoserious wrote:
safi wrote:

Really? How long have women not named Charlotte, Sasha and Becky had to talk since the division started? The division is top heavy and all of the other women get lost in the middle with 6 pack challenges and 6 women tags. Bliss while having a good personality and look is not a top female wrestler. She is never going to surpass Becky, Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley, Nia Jax, Nikki Bella, Emma or Asuka in the ring. She needs another outlet to maximize her potential as a character. Don't believe it if you want but that is MY OPINION.

Fixed that. She's pretty damn good in the ring and is seemingly getting better each time she's in there. Nia Jax can't touch Bliss as far as ring work, and Nikki Bella isn't far ahead of her either.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Polk377
General Manager

Post#529 » by Polk377 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:50 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
whysoserious wrote:

Really? How long have women not named Charlotte, Sasha and Becky had to talk since the division started? The division is top heavy and all of the other women get lost in the middle with 6 pack challenges and 6 women tags. Bliss while having a good personality and look is not a top female wrestler. She is never going to surpass Becky, Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley, Nia Jax, Nikki Bella, Emma or Asuka in the ring. She needs another outlet to maximize her potential as a character. Don't believe it if you want but that is MY OPINION.

Fixed that. She's pretty damn good in the ring and is seemingly getting better each time she's in there. Nia Jax can't touch Bliss as far as ring work, and Nikki Bella isn't far ahead of her either.

I guess time will tell. If I am wrong then I will happily eat crow and admit to my mistake as I did with Gargano and Ciampa before. I will stick with my opinion.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#530 » by Dunthreevy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:07 pm

1 more day!!!

whysoserious
RealGM

Post#531 » by whysoserious » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:32 pm

Polk377 wrote:Really? How long have women not named Charlotte, Sasha and Becky had to talk since the division started? The division is top heavy and all of the other women get lost in the middle with 6 pack challenges and 6 women tags. Bliss while having a good personality and look is not a top female wrestler. She is never going to surpass Becky, Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley, Nia Jax, Nikki Bella, Emma or Asuka in the ring. She needs another outlet to maximize her potential as a character. Don't believe it if you want but that is the truth.

Bliss has come up for how long? What are you expecting? I'm not sure what you're asking for here. She's been involved in the main womens storyline on Smackdown, she's getting an opportunity. Has she had a ton of mic time? No but is putting her on a tag team as a valet giving her mic time to develop herself? Not really.

She's in the middle cause she just came up but she's still being involved. There's two different shows so not sure what Charlotte or Sasha have to do with it. They're clearly invested in these women and Bliss is getting her chance. It's as if you want her to vault right to the top. They're bringing her along nicely so far. If we're talking a year from now and she hasn't moved forward with no mic time then maybe you have a point to pivot her and give her a chance a different way but right now it makes little sense to be arguing for this.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#532 » by Dunthreevy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:25 pm

whysoserious wrote:
Polk377 wrote:Really? How long have women not named Charlotte, Sasha and Becky had to talk since the division started? The division is top heavy and all of the other women get lost in the middle with 6 pack challenges and 6 women tags. Bliss while having a good personality and look is not a top female wrestler. She is never going to surpass Becky, Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley, Nia Jax, Nikki Bella, Emma or Asuka in the ring. She needs another outlet to maximize her potential as a character. Don't believe it if you want but that is the truth.

Bliss has come up for how long? What are you expecting? I'm not sure what you're asking for here. She's been involved in the main womens storyline on Smackdown, she's getting an opportunity. Has she had a ton of mic time? No but is putting her on a tag team as a valet giving her mic time to develop herself? Not really.

She's in the middle cause she just came up but she's still being involved. There's two different shows so not sure what Charlotte or Sasha have to do with it. They're clearly invested in these women and Bliss is getting her chance. It's as if you want her to vault right to the top. They're bringing her along nicely so far. If we're talking a year from now and she hasn't moved forward with no mic time then maybe you have a point to pivot her and give her a chance a different way but right now it makes little sense to be arguing for this.

Exactly. She's been on Smackdown for 4 weeks now, and she's already the #1 contender for the women's championship, and just got (what has turned into) a prime talking spot on Talking Smack.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#533 » by Marcus » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:52 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:1 more day!!!

for what exactly?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#534 » by Dunthreevy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:32 pm

Marcus wrote:

for what exactly?

Oh you mean you haven't been counting down the days until the Red Queen's suspension is lifted?
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#535 » by Marcus » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:55 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:
Marcus wrote:

for what exactly?

Oh you mean you haven't been counting down the days until the Red Queen's suspension is lifted?

no sir I have not. but now I am aware.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#536 » by Dunthreevy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:34 pm

Marcus wrote:
Dunthreevy wrote:
Marcus wrote:
for what exactly?

no sir I have not. but now I am aware.

I actually would have no idea about it if it weren't for Cageside keeping a running daily reminder.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#537 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:02 am

If you haven't seen it yet, join our discussion about the greatest WWE Wrestlers of all time.

viewtopic.php?f=273&t=1477516

Lists are due by end of day Monday I believe.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#538 » by Dunthreevy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:08 pm

iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#539 » by iMoreland » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:50 am

Interesting

Read on Twitter
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#540 » by WRau1 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:57 am