Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Hell in a Cell (Oct 30th, 2016) 

Post#1 » by LittleOzzy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:30 pm

1 Roman Reigns (c) vs Rusev
2 Kevin Owens (c) vs. Seth Rollins
3 Sasha Banks (c) vs Charlotte
4 T.J. Perkins (c) vs. Brian Kendrick
5 The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and/or Xavier Woods) (c) vs. Cesaro and Sheamus
6 Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson
7 Bayley vs. Dana Brooke
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Re: Hell in a Cell (Oct 30th, 2016) 

Post#2 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:44 pm

The rare "triple main event", which means...there is no main event.
Do it for Chuck
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#3 » by WRau1 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:11 pm

I like this card. I just hope that KO, Rollins, Sasha & Charolette don't get hurt trying to do some crazy spot.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#4 » by Dunthreevy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:32 pm

It has been really nice not having a ppv for a few weeks. I really wish they'd do no more than 1 ppv per month. Smackdown ppv one month and then RAW ppv the next month would be phenomenal. I can't handle 2 ppv's per month, on top of 6 hours of tv wrestling per week.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#5 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:36 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:It has been really nice not having a ppv for a few weeks. I really wish they'd do no more than 1 ppv per month. Smackdown ppv one month and then RAW ppv the next month would be phenomenal. I can't handle 2 ppv's per month, on top of 6 hours of tv wrestling per week.

When I heard they were doing a brand split it got me excited for this idea. If each show had two months to build their storylines for the ppv matches, they'd be doing every worker a service. It's another reason the Takeover specials are so cool. Each match feels bigger.
Do it for Chuck
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#6 » by Spens1 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:00 am

jakecronus8 wrote:The rare "triple main event", which means...there is no main event.

to be honest none are main event worthy, the build for all 3 has been horrible
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#7 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:00 am

Spens1 wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:The rare "triple main event", which means...there is no main event.

I disagree. I think Sasha and Charlotte has been a great feud. Pretty clear to me that they should close the show.
Do it for Chuck
Spens1
RealGM

Post#8 » by Spens1 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:27 am

jakecronus8 wrote:
Spens1 wrote:

I disagree. I think Sasha and Charlotte has been a great feud. Pretty clear to me that they should close the show.

i actually really don't like the feud, minded that may be exhaustion from it, but the whole thing with sasha saying her hero is eddie, saying womens revolution a ton of times is killing it for me, why can't it be about wanting to beat the hell out of charlotte for taking the title away and making her life miserable and wanting to take the title like a mens feud.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#9 » by Ruzious » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:42 pm

Spens1 wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:
Spens1 wrote:

i actually really don't like the feud, minded that may be exhaustion from it, but the whole thing with sasha saying her hero is eddie, saying womens revolution a ton of times is killing it for me, why can't it be about wanting to beat the hell out of charlotte for taking the title away and making her life miserable and wanting to take the title like a mens feud.

I think they've done a tremendous job promoting this match and emphasizing how historically important it is along with... the hostility between them, along with... the importance of the title, along with... the importance of it being a Hell in a Cell match, along with... making their feud as important as a mens' feud. I'm not sure how you can ask them to do more to build up the match without doing something crazy and over-the-top.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Spens1
RealGM

Post#10 » by Spens1 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:57 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Spens1 wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:

I think they've done a tremendous job promoting this match and emphasizing how historically important it is along with... the hostility between them, along with... the importance of the title, along with... the importance of it being a Hell in a Cell match, along with... making their feud as important as a mens' feud. I'm not sure how you can ask them to do more to build up the match without doing something crazy and over-the-top.

Charlotte is amazing in this but

1 (most importantly). Less Authority figures, namely less foley in this, today he was fine since its his match, but no more him being weird about the women.
2. Less Robotic Sasha, just let her do her normal shtick, just because someone is a face doesn't mean their character has to change, hers has gone from one of the best on the entire roster to one of the worst.

Also i think they've talked more about the womens revolution and sasha's inspirations rather than wanting to tear each other apart, which is what the cell should be reserved too, the cell should be only used when its needed (then again this gimmick ppv doesn't help).

maybe its just fatigue from me because this feud has been going on for a long time now and i just want something different.

Like give me Bayley v Sasha or Bayley v Charlotte, hell Nia Jax v Sasha would be a welcome change at this point, just two different women.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#11 » by Spens1 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:05 pm

in saying that none of the three 'main events' deserve to main event because the feuds all are lackluster (maybe sasha and charlotte should main event because its the less terrible?, i mean the US title build is the worst in the company and the universal title feud is more waiting for the owens v jericho match and seth is filler).
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Ruzious » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:09 pm

It's because they have built up this feud so much and so effectively that it has become worthy of being an historic H in a C match. Just putting 2 random women in there would make no sense, imo.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
RightToCensor
Head Coach
And1: 7,410

Post#13 » by RightToCensor » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:39 pm

Sasha and Charlotte have history dating back to NXT, but WWE has been pushing this "(Divas) Women's (R)Evolution" so freaking hard that the HIAC match isn't about the feud, it's about making "history".

They'll just have a normal match w/ the use of a chair, a table, and the cell. Some fans will be satisfied, but at the end of the day I know WWE will continue to push the Women's Evolution and do nothing good for Sasha or Charlotte.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#14 » by iMoreland » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:27 pm

Remember when Shawn and Taker were building up their HIAC match and they kept talking about how excited they were to make history?

Spoiler:
No you don't. Because that would have SUCKED.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Ruzious » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:45 pm

RightToCensor wrote:Sasha and Charlotte have history dating back to NXT, but WWE has been pushing this "(Divas) Women's (R)Evolution" so freaking hard that the HIAC match isn't about the feud, it's about making "history".

They'll just have a normal match w/ the use of a chair, a table, and the cell. Some fans will be satisfied, but at the end of the day I know WWE will continue to push the Women's Evolution and do nothing good for Sasha or Charlotte.

I'm not sure how any of that makes any sense. What's good for the WWE has been what's good for Sasha and Charlotte. They're on their way to being the biggest female stars in the history of the business - as long as they stay healthy. I'd be surprised if it's a normal match. Remember the amazing reverse flip Charlotte did in a recent match? I'm guessing she does that from a much higher height - and that could be something that's going to be shown years from now as one of the most memorable moments of this era.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,273

Post#16 » by Shaazzam » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:50 pm

yeah, thats **** terrifying
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#17 » by LittleOzzy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:46 pm

So predictions for Sunday?
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#18 » by Rhettmatic » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:57 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:So predictions for Sunday?

I've got:

Roman Reigns over Rusev
Kevin Owens over Seth Rollins
New Day over Cesheamus
The Club over Enzo & Cass
Brian Kendrick over T.J. Perkins
Sasha Banks over Charlotte
Dana Brooke over Bayley (via shenanigans)
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#19 » by iMoreland » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:54 pm

1) Hell in a Cell Match for the Raw Women's Championship: Sasha Banks (c) vs. Charlotte - Doesn't really make sense for Charlotte to win. Maybe Nia Jax comes down to the ring Kane debut style after the match and starts a feud with Sasha.

2) Enzo & Cass vs. Gallows & Anderson

3) WWE Cruiserweight Championship: TJ Perkins (c) vs. Brian Kendrick - Don't care at all.

4) Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE United States Championship: Roman Reigns (c) vs. Rusev w/ Lana - I think they're going to put Reigns in the Universal Championship picture after HIAC, plus Rusev is the greatest United States Champion of all time.

5) Bayley vs. Dana Brooke - I will complain online if Dana wins.

6) Raw Tag Team Championships: The New Day (c) vs. Cesaro & Sheamus - New Day is obviously breaking the longest reign record. 

7) Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Universal Championship: Kevin Owens (c) vs. Seth Rollins - Chris Jericho interference. Maybe a Triple H appearance
Spens1
RealGM

Post#20 » by Spens1 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:31 am

1) Hell in a Cell Match for the Raw Women's Championship: Sasha Banks (c) vs. Charlotte (Will main event,calling it now, they'll kill each other but it will be a good match)

2) Enzo & Cass vs. Gallows & Anderson (if they don't have G&A winning i will complain online myself)

3) WWE Cruiserweight Championship: TJ Perkins (c) vs. Brian Kendrick (just take the title of Perkins please, If Kendrick is like Gollum from lord of the rings with his title that would be great)

4) Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE United States Championship: Roman Reigns (c) vs. Rusev w/ Lana (to big boos and some less than PG chants, its Boston, come on)

5) Bayley vs. Dana Brooke (Dana sucks right now lets face it, surely bayley is going to come into the womens title division, i mean it should have been heel sasha vs face bayley anyway, soz charlotte)

6) Raw Tag Team Championships: The New Day (c) vs. Cesaro & Sheamus (they're breaking the record and they've got momentum back, i think it will lead to a split hopefully, though cesaro apparently hasn't renewed his contract, in which case Cesaro for IWGP Intercontinental champ within a year i'm calling it now)

7) Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Universal Championship: Kevin Owens (c) vs. Seth Rollins (Either Jericho comes in or better yet, Triple H brings himself out, idiot had no reason to interfere before)

Return to Pro Wrestling