Elimination Chamber (Feb. 12th, 2017)

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

MistyMountain20
General Manager
And1: 7,166

Re: Elimination Chamber (Feb. 12th, 2017) 

Post#41 » by MistyMountain20 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:27 am

Any predictions of Wrestlemania matches? I'll list mine, partially based on rumors:

Spoiler:
I think Corbin is winning the IC championship. It'll either be a straight up one-on-one match with Ambrose or they'll make it a multi-man match with guys Ziggler, Crews, Harper etc. But I don't think there's anyway he doesn't win something at Mania.

Looks like we're getting some form of Miz-Cena. Cena eliminated Miz, so that'll probably jump start their feud. I lean toward Nikki and Maryse being in the match and I suppose she wraps her feud with Natti up along the way.

Styles has no clear feud, so maybe the rumor of him against Shane will be true. Can't think of anyone for him to match up with otherwise (unless there's an NXT guy).

Tag-team is blah now. Would be good to have an NXT team against them. If not maybe Usos (possibly Ryder and Mojo if he Ryder is healed up too).

Maybe a 4-way woman match for the title between Naomi-Bliss-Becky-Mickie? Would make sense since their feuds have been intertwined.

Orton-Wyatt should be interesting. Could see the argument for either winning.

That's all I have.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#42 » by Marcus » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:33 am

whysoserious wrote:Jimmy Uso getting a little chubby I see.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Yeah had been a minute since I'd watch any of these guys. Usos gained weight rhyno and Heath too.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#43 » by Marcus » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:35 am

detroitKG wrote:Not happy with Corbin being eliminated both first and with a fcking roll up...

Channelled his Diesel Kane afterwards.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
dr3am
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Post#44 » by dr3am » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:58 am

Ok so what was really the point of having John Cena bury AJ Styles for the title at RR only to lose it a few weeks after... Who writes this stuff.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using RealGM mobile app
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#45 » by studcrackers » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:11 am

You think Styles losing to Cena is being buried? Yea...no
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#46 » by LittleOzzy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:31 pm

That was a great PPV simply based on the Orton/Harper match and the Elimination Chamber.

I hope the WWE finally makes Bray Wyatt the monster he should be. I'm hoping for a long reign as Champion.

It also looks like the Nikki/Cena vs. Miz/Maryse rumours might be true.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#47 » by whysoserious » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:40 pm

What happens with Styles now for mania? Maybe a really strong feud with Corbin would be big.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#48 » by LittleOzzy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:55 pm

whysoserious wrote:What happens with Styles now for mania? Maybe a really strong feud with Corbin would be big.

The chamber set up Corbin vs. Ambrose perfectly, but a lot can change over the next few weeks.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#49 » by iMoreland » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:12 pm

Interpromotional match at Mania

Finn represents Raw, AJ respresents SD
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#50 » by Flames24Rulz » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:15 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:
whysoserious wrote:What happens with Styles now for mania? Maybe a really strong feud with Corbin would be big.

The chamber set up Corbin vs. Ambrose perfectly, but a lot can change over the next few weeks.

I'm thinking a triple threat match with Miz for the IC title still makes the most sense there.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#51 » by studcrackers » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:16 pm

iMoreland wrote:Interpromotional match at Mania

Finn represents Raw, AJ respresents SD

There's an idea I havent heard that would be great. Beats the hell outta the Shane McMahon rumor
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#52 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:31 pm

The saving grace IMO of AJ-Shane is that it gives AJ a high profile match and I'm not sure he gets one otherwise since I don't think there'll be a cross-show match. One of the reasons I'm surprised they've done this is that they seem to be slowly moving towards a face turn for AJ. Cena put him over all throughout the build to this match, since this match had 2 faces and 4 heels, Styles kinda assumed the role of de facto third face last night, because he did basically wrestle like a face. And obviously he gets the crowd reactions. Everything about AJ-Shane says that the crowd is going to be very pro-AJ
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,756

Post#53 » by spykelee » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:03 pm

Natty was definitely pretty careful with Nikki. Sucks that Nikki is so beat up. I appreciate her love of the business. She worked hard and got better in the ring and did a lot for the brand too.

I agree it looks like cena and Nikki vs miz and maryse and Wyatt vs Orton. The rest is still fairly interchangeable

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#54 » by Max Green » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:50 pm

*Orton/Harper was great. Luke is one of my favorite guys to watch. He should've had another run with the IC title.
*The Smackdown Women's title scene had been more interesting to me than Raw's since Bliss won the title. She had a nice run.
*Really happy that Naomi won, you can tell that it meant so much to her. She did a good job making herself relevant by reinventing her character.
*Happy for Bray as well, he stayed over despite losing so many big feuds over the last couple of years.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#55 » by WRau1 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:54 pm

Cagesideseats is suggesting that Harper will somehow get thrown into the title picture at Mania w/ Orton and Wyatt. That would be interesting.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,135

Post#56 » by heatwillbeback » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:21 pm

WRau1 wrote:Cagesideseats is suggesting that Harper will somehow get thrown into the title picture at Mania w/ Orton and Wyatt. That would be interesting.

I see the advantage since he has been so good in this storyline...... I am just over triple threat wrestlemania title matches. Has been used too much lately.

I prefer a well developed one on one any day.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#57 » by Scott Hall » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:39 pm

I don't have the Network so I always have to download them and watch later. So I watched this morning and I got a little
bit of ADD so I went on to espn.com for a minute when I was bored during one of the matches and they actually had a blurb
on the front page of Wyatt and Naomi winning which totally spoiled it for me. Still surreal to see ESPN reporting on the WWE.
I was watching Sports Nation last week and the Miz was a guest host.

Some thoughts...

- It's crazy that it took this long for Naomi to win the world tittle. I thought she was Champion material in her
Funkadactyl days. I thought they just didn't consider her hot enough to be face of the division. Also they should have
held off and had her win at WM in her home town for more dramatic effect as opposed to coming in as champion.
Is she gonna be a transitional champ or is a lengthy tittle run in store?

- The brand split is already doing wonders with Naomi and Bray Wyatt being champions. I'm not sure this would happen
with the full roster as opposed to close to a 50/50 split. I also hope WM isn't about Orton having a crowning moment he's
already over and a future HOF'er he doesn't need the belt. With Brock going over Goldberg I don't think both tittles will
switch hands at Mania though.

- Speaking of Orton I'm also happy we're not seeing Orton vs. Cena part 73 at WM as the Main Event. I'd rather see
Cena in the rumored mid card mixed tag-match then anyhwere near the main event. Sucks that he tied Flairs record
with such a meaningless 2 week tittle reign.

- I actually had hope for this Dolph Ziggler heel turn and he's already jobbing to Crews and Kalisto. When is he gonna
start winning instead of jobbing and beating guys down after? I thought were past that part of the storyline?

- I wonder when the blowoff to this Natalya vs. Nikki Bella feud is gonna be? Ideally it should be Mania but obviously
won't happen. If Nikki is still planning to stay around she desperately needs acting lessons even for a wrestler.

- I really like Tag-Team turmoil matches fun concept to watch and a match type that should be in the WWE 2K series

- Hate that the metal floor connecting the chamber to the ring is gone. That was always my favorite thing about the Chamber

- Dasha Fuentes might be the biggest bimbo reporter I've ever seen them hire

- The 4 man booth is just over kill hopefully O'Tunga gets good in Hollywood and leaves the WWE for good

Overall liked the PPV 7.5/10
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#58 » by Dunthreevy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:38 pm

Scott Hall wrote:I don't have the Network so I always have to download them and watch later. So I watched this morning and I got a little
bit of ADD so I went on to espn.com for a minute when I was bored during one of the matches and they actually had a blurb
on the front page of Wyatt and Naomi winning which totally spoiled it for me. Still surreal to see ESPN reporting on the WWE.
I was watching Sports Nation last week and the Miz was a guest host.

Some thoughts...

- It's crazy that it took this long for Naomi to win the world tittle. I thought she was Champion material in her
Funkadactyl days. I thought they just didn't consider her hot enough to be face of the division. Also they should have
held off and had her win at WM in her home town for more dramatic effect as opposed to coming in as champion.
Is she gonna be a transitional champ or is a lengthy tittle run in store?

- The brand split is already doing wonders with Naomi and Bray Wyatt being champions. I'm not sure this would happen
with the full roster as opposed to close to a 50/50 split. I also hope WM isn't about Orton having a crowning moment he's
already over and a future HOF'er he doesn't need the belt. With Brock going over Goldberg I don't think both tittles will
switch hands at Mania though.

- Speaking of Orton I'm also happy we're not seeing Orton vs. Cena part 73 at WM as the Main Event. I'd rather see
Cena in the rumored mid card mixed tag-match then anyhwere near the main event. Sucks that he tied Flairs record
with such a meaningless 2 week tittle reign.

- I actually had hope for this Dolph Ziggler heel turn and he's already jobbing to Crews and Kalisto. When is he gonna
start winning instead of jobbing and beating guys down after? I thought were past that part of the storyline?

- I wonder when the blowoff to this Natalya vs. Nikki Bella feud is gonna be? Ideally it should be Mania but obviously
won't happen. If Nikki is still planning to stay around she desperately needs acting lessons even for a wrestler.

- I really like Tag-Team turmoil matches fun concept to watch and a match type that should be in the WWE 2K series

- Hate that the metal floor connecting the chamber to the ring is gone. That was always my favorite thing about the Chamber

- Dasha Fuentes might be the biggest bimbo reporter I've ever seen them hire

- The 4 man booth is just over kill hopefully O'Tunga gets good in Hollywood and leaves the WWE for good

Overall liked the PPV 7.5/10

I think Naomi can be a decent transitional champion and she has earned that, but I don't see her having a long run as the champ. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't even make it to Mania as the Champion. They eluded to that a bit on Talking Smack last night. She's easily the most athletic in the women's division right now but she can still be pretty sloppy in the ring at times, and she's NOT good on the mic. She's going to get eaten alive by Alexa Bliss when it comes to promos (that was sort of already happening).

Dasha is really good in front of a live crowd. She was the ring announcer for the NXT live show I went to last year and she was great in that role. She was also great at getting the crowd hyped up before the show. She has been very cringe-worthy in her role as a backstage reporter though. Maybe it's that she's being scripted to death (which is a huge problem with WWE in general right now), or maybe that's just not her lane, but she has definitely not been good in that role.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#59 » by Flames24Rulz » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:17 pm

It's a good sign (IMO) when the worst part about a PPV is the announcing crew. I thought the PPV was great last night, especially for what was only really a two week build.

But the announcing crew...yeesh. Even Mauro has been sloppy lately. They were all really bad last night, but I don't get the Otunga thing at all -- and the inclusion of Felipe as an announcer at the table still doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. Please go back to a 3 man booth.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#60 » by tugs » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:28 pm

Bray winning without any interference from his family made him look really strong. I guess WWE wasn't sure how to book Bray if he won the chip then with all of the 3 with him. Hard to build a storyline that is believable if you have 3 monsters protecting your opponent and win.

I guess WWE redeemed themselves and was being safe with how Bray's story progresses.

Return to Pro Wrestling