Zayda Ramier
Trey Baxter
Katrina Cortez
Jeet Rama
Mia Yim
Harry Smith
Oney Larcan

Well, at least Nia deserved it.

There are also many better talents i want out since staying in the WWE is no longer beneficial to their careers though
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Re: WWE SmackDown Discussion II 

Post#1943 » by The_Brecht » Sat Nov 6, 2021 8:26 am

Some of them got released for not getting the vaccin and being openly antivax.

Serves them right.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1944 » by WRau1 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 2:17 pm

The_Brecht wrote:Some of them got released for not getting the vaccin and being openly antivax.

Serves them right.

Except there isn't a requirement for them to be vax'd and their testing policy for those that aren't is on par w/ the NFLs. I personally think everyone should be but if you're going to let people go because of it, then make it a requirement so that the people who aren't can actually weigh real life pros/cons.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1945 » by WRau1 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 2:21 pm

In further proof that the WWE doesn't know what they're going to be doing from day to day, at least 6 of the released talents had just got new contracts within the last TWO WEEKS prior to Thursday's cuts. Two of which (Kross and BFab) were for significantly more money.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1946 » by improper » Sat Nov 6, 2021 5:20 pm

The_Brecht wrote:Some of them got released for not getting the vaccin and being openly antivax.

Serves them right.

Which ones were openly anti-vaxx? Honest question, as I don't really follow main roster WWE at all and haven't watched much wrestling period in the past few months.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#1947 » by tugs » Sat Nov 6, 2021 11:18 pm

Damn, this crop is also loaded. Proves how out of touch they are. Kross and Lee, most of you guys mentioned it already, but seeing Eva getting cut as well? Months of build up and they had nothing concrete for her. Cut some good women just to sign her as well smh
WRau1
RealGM

Post#1948 » by WRau1 » Sun Nov 7, 2021 12:46 pm

improper wrote:

Serves them right.

Which ones were openly anti-vaxx? Honest question, as I don't really follow main roster WWE at all and haven't watched much wrestling period in the past few months.

I didn't know of any being openly anti-vaxx, the only one I'm aware of the even talked about not getting it was Jax and that was due to her waiting to hear from WWE doctors about an issue. Never heard more about it after that.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#1949 » by Celtsfan1980 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:49 pm

In the three weeks they've been rotating the male wrestlers somewhat, and none of the usual two minute matches last week. More of that please.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,576

Post#1950 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:54 am

In early Sept right now but wanted to comment the MSG episode was really good. Loved Rollins/Edge putting on a banger match followed by Rollins low blow and the draw out with multiple superkicks to defiant Edge before the stomp you knew was coming. Also really like putting over the curb stomp as dangerous, it never recovered fully from the Fiend kicking out of like 8 in a row.

Becky managing to make people boo her like 3 weeks after she came back and without a super blatant heel turn like trying to injure Bel Air is impressive.
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach

Post#1951 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:41 pm

If Peacock or someone else buys the company at some point Corbin is the first wrestler who should be addressed. Releasing Aleister while Corbin stays is the worst decision they've ever made.

Sami vs. Roman isn't too appealing, but El Genericho vs. Roman is fine with me. Bring him back.

Drew bringing the sword into the ring scares me. I'd stay away from that.

They're keeping Drew away from Roman for the time being. The Rock hosts Wrestlemania, helping Drew win the title. I'd be surprised if it happens any other way.

I don't know what attendances they bring in. I will say the crowds look pretty good.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,576

Post#1952 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:29 am

LLJ wrote:The problem with Charlotte is that she has a history of manipulating booking so that she comes out looking the best. And the WWE internally supports this. You don’t need to look at just this one incident. Just look at her booking history. Every feud she is in she ends up tapping out her opponent clean in the figure 8. Even Becky at her peak popularity has occasionally won dirty to protect her opponent. With Charlotte she wins her feuds clean as a whistle 99% of the time.

Now nobody is saying Charlotte isn’t a good worker. But so was Benoit, or Cesaro. The reason those guys weren’t/aren’t pushed to the top constantly is they weren’t over enough and Vince never liked them to that degree. With Charlotte Vince sees her as the top woman but the bottom line—money and crowd reactions—suggests she isn’t.

Can anyone argue Charlotte had ever been over to the degree of her push? We have seen so many of her feuds since 2016 where her opponent was more over than her, yet in the end she goes over, clean.

And it’s not like as a heel she constantly draws heat. Much of the time the crowd is apathetic to her, unless she’s booked to ruin a good angle—that’s less to do with her performance and more to do with how she is booked tho

Charlotte is a good performer who should be pushed every now and again. Being talented should count for something at least. But not as a constant focus of the division. If you don’t bring in the money to a ridiculous degree you shouldn’t be booked like she is.

Becky isn’t the worker Charlotte is but nobody can deny that Becky doesn’t bring in the money for the company. She moves merchandise and has many fans and great crowd reactions. You can dislike Becky but you get why she is pushed like she is—she’s a moneymaker with legit star crowd reactions. Which in the end is the most important part of pro wrestling.

It seems like Charlotte has been neither a true face or heel for like 5 years, she is always kind of a wicked witch that people cheer for. The problem is that it means her character has been the exact same for the whole time. I don't know whether to blame that on her trying to get herself over all the time or if it's on purpose by WWE being ok with things like letting her do moonsaults and corkscrews as a heel, same with the Usos who keep sabotaging their heel runs by getting themselves over by doing high flying babyface moves, surely if WWE didn't like it they could stop it and just make them do cut the ring in half heel grinder stuff while the Street Profits or Mysterios are the high flyers right? While not as good a wrestler as Charlotte it makes you appreciate the character work of Bayley who has been probably been both the purest babyface in the division and the purest heel of the 4HW at different points, as a superfan she probably has a purist type view of wrestling characters like that. While he has other limitations like size that have hurt him Ziggler is another big wrestling fan who I respect that he seems to approach his heel role as his job is to make everyone cheer against him, not to make the kids cheer against him and the marks cheer for him. He has been both the underdog last survivor at SS and fighting for his career against the Miz, and a "Please, hit him with one more Goldberg spear/Claymore" guy. Maybe that hurt his prospects personally compared to if he tried to get himself over, but someone has to do it.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,859

Post#1953 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:10 pm

Charlotte feels simple to me -- she has natural heat as a heel. She doesn't really make sense as a babyface. But she's also by far their most talented female in-ring performer. Not allowing her to use her full move set would be wasting her. Plus they like to turn everyone on their roster multiple times with very few exceptions so the old rules about movesets are outdated anyway.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Texas Chuck
And1: 89,859

Post#1954 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:10 pm

Charlotte feels simple to me -- she has natural heat as a heel. She doesn't really make sense as a babyface. But she's also by far their most talented female in-ring performer. Not allowing her to use her full move set would be wasting her. Plus they like to turn everyone on their roster multiple times with very few exceptions so the old rules about movesets are outdated anyway.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,739

Post#1955 » by gambitx777 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:18 am

I was really hoping Sammy and Brock would do a spoff on the two man power trip !

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach

Post#1956 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:02 pm

I don't like admitting that the Thunderdome shows were better than the live audience shows have been.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,739

Post#1957 » by gambitx777 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 pm

Celtsfan1980 wrote:I don't like admitting that the Thunderdome shows were better than the live audience shows have been.
I disagree I think the crowds into roman!

SunsLyf3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,564

Post#1958 » by SunsLyf3 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:18 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
Celtsfan1980 wrote:I don't like admitting that the Thunderdome shows were better than the live audience shows have been.

Agreed. The Tribal Chief is the best thing WWE has had since the pandemic started. Without Heyman it might lose some allure but it is time for a change. For all the **** we gave Roman before that it is time to *drum roll* ACKNOWLEDGE HIM. *Badum tsk*
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1959 » by Ruzious » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:43 pm

SunsLyf3 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:

Agreed. The Tribal Chief is the best thing WWE has had since the pandemic started. Without Heyman it might lose some allure but it is time for a change. For all the **** we gave Roman before that it is time to *drum roll* ACKNOWLEDGE HIM. *Badum tsk*

And this particular Roman vs Lesnar series is the most compelling tv WWE has had in a long time - almost as fun to watch as...
Spoiler:
Punk vs MJF.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
SunsLyf3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,564

Post#1960 » by SunsLyf3 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:51 pm

Ruzious wrote:
SunsLyf3 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:I disagree I think the crowds into roman!

And this particular Roman vs Lesnar series is the most compelling tv WWE has had in a long time - almost as fun to watch as...
Spoiler:
Punk vs MJF.

It is. But it's attached to WWE so the negative public perception always affects the way the product is received. WWE kinda earned that rep, not disputing that.

Return to Pro Wrestling