Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 

Post#121 » by Scott Hall » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:59 pm

Spens1 wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

Interesting hearing your guys stories about Elgin I honestly never heard about them. I just knew he was a bland
generic looking guy that can have good matches working Japanese style. The vibe I got was he was a solid quiet
guy that loved wrestling would never expect him to be this wild.

Well, there was the Kevin Owens podcast and what he said on that (something to the affect that he urinated on a woman even though she didn't consent or something like that).

Also their was a sexual assault allegation against one of his students and he covered for his student and more or less threw the student who was sexually assaulted under the bus, not to mention I think their where allegations against him as well.

Add that to the fact he had some choice words for Jeff Cobb (said to the extent he smells bad) and was talking all sorts of nonsense (i.e. he was the main gaijin that people went to other than Kenny for the new guys) and he more or less got x-pac heat from the non japanese audience for new japan (was still incredibly popular within Japan which saved his job honestly, but all of this did get him depushed from being a guy who could challenge for the IC belt to basically mid card fodder mostly).

Now that you mention it I think I vaguely remember the student scandal that wasn't to long ago was it? The
other stuff I never heard of though.

I was pretty hyped when he debuted in Impact at Rebellion last year I was at the show and actually popped. I liked
him in NJPW but he didn't seem to really translate over here to me. His promos and lack of character just made him
seem dull.

I wonder what his options are now? Will a Japanese promotion take him back?
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Post#122 » by Dominator83 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:11 am

Scott Hall wrote:
Spens1 wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

Interesting hearing your guys stories about Elgin I honestly never heard about them. I just knew he was a bland
generic looking guy that can have good matches working Japanese style. The vibe I got was he was a solid quiet

Well, there was the Kevin Owens podcast and what he said on that (something to the affect that he urinated on a woman even though she didn't consent or something like that).

Also their was a sexual assault allegation against one of his students and he covered for his student and more or less threw the student who was sexually assaulted under the bus, not to mention I think their where allegations against him as well.

Add that to the fact he had some choice words for Jeff Cobb (said to the extent he smells bad) and was talking all sorts of nonsense (i.e. he was the main gaijin that people went to other than Kenny for the new guys) and he more or less got x-pac heat from the non japanese audience for new japan (was still incredibly popular within Japan which saved his job honestly, but all of this did get him depushed from being a guy who could challenge for the IC belt to basically mid card fodder mostly).

Now that you mention it I think I vaguely remember the student scandal that wasn't to long ago was it? The

I was pretty hyped when he debuted in Impact at Rebellion last year I was at the show and actually popped. I liked
him in NJPW but he didn't seem to really translate over here to me. His promos and lack of character just made him
seem dull.

What a shame. Elgin to me was highly over and put on some great matches. Looks are definitely deceaving too because he looks like a class act. But as we know in reality he's the opposite.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#123 » by Spens1 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:15 pm

Scott Hall wrote:
Spens1 wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

seem dull.

I mean NOAH potentially could. I know New Japan's front office are high on him and don't really care about accusations but he did have heat with a lot of the foreign wrestlers towards the end. I'd say NOAH and DDT would be more likely.
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#124 » by Scott Hall » Fri Jul 3, 2020 2:08 am

Did you guys see this? Impact has definitely been cursed the last few years

Read on Twitter
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#125 » by Spens1 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 12:32 pm

They where dumb for firing Eli Drake, he's brilliant, other then that, its either departures or loltna antics really.
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#126 » by Scott Hall » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:41 am

Read on Twitter
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#127 » by tugs » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:08 am

Don't know how to respond to that but I hope he does well
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#128 » by Dominator83 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:59 am

This PPV style show has been good so far. The 3 way was well done and entertaining. Moose vs Trey was good. What I didn't like was the way the commentators were building up Moose/EC3 feud for the belt. That just tells the fans watching at home that the match that's about to begin is a waste of time. WWE does that too

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#129 » by Scott Hall » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:44 pm

Read on Twitter
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#130 » by Dominator83 » Sat Oct 3, 2020 10:04 am

Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

I love RVD probably my favorite all-time wrestler. But even I know he's past his prime. I thought impact was perfect for him because he can still do his thing and not be expected to deliver excellent matches anymore

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#131 » by Ruzious » Sat Oct 3, 2020 1:29 pm

What Van Dam does is amazing for a 49 year old - especially at his size, but... he's 49 years old. If he's still in the business to put over young talent, that's great. Otherwise... well, hopefully he still gets some satisfaction from performing.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#132 » by Dominator83 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:40 am

Ruzious wrote:What Van Dam does is amazing for a 49 year old - especially at his size, but... he's 49 years old. If he's still in the business to put over young talent, that's great. Otherwise... well, hopefully he still gets some satisfaction from performing.

Yea his days of getting to the top rope in one leap are long over. Prime RVD was probably the best wrestler in the business, and can only imagine if he was on the WWF stage earlier on during the height of the Monday night wars.

Dominator83
RealGM

Post#133 » by Dominator83 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:41 am

Where has EC3 and Ace Austin been?

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#134 » by Marcus » Wed Dec 2, 2020 11:43 pm

Dominater wrote:Where has EC3 been

ROH
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#135 » by JohnPferdelack » Thu Dec 3, 2020 11:30 am

Is it possible to watch IMPACT on their Twitch channel?
I know they have a Twitch channel there...
RonMexico915
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#136 » by RonMexico915 » Fri Dec 4, 2020 5:37 pm

JohnPferdelack wrote:Is it possible to watch IMPACT on their Twitch channel?
I know they have a Twitch channel there...

I believe the 8pm EST Tuesday show is simulcast on AXSTV and Twitch.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#137 » by JohnPferdelack » Fri Dec 4, 2020 5:48 pm

nice!
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#138 » by tugs » Wed Dec 9, 2020 3:05 am

Anyone else watching? How was it?
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#139 » by JohnPferdelack » Wed Dec 9, 2020 3:08 am

boring
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,296

Post#140 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Wed Dec 9, 2020 3:21 am

That was ... underwhelming. Goodness gracious, Tony Khan shouldn’t be allowed on camera. It was the most peculiar, awkwardly-paced, poorly delivered promos Ive ever seen. It seemed like he was trying to come across as passive aggressive but his manic energy made it weird.

Omega’s segment was also weird. Calis has always had a great on camera feel/demeanor and the pairing with Omega is necessary, but I don’t know what to make of this segment.

Return to Pro Wrestling