Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 

Post#141 » by tugs » Wed Dec 9, 2020 3:52 am

Oh ok so this feed kn YouTube is delayed then. I'm still watching this women's tag
tugs
RealGM

Post#142 » by tugs » Wed Dec 9, 2020 4:58 am

I liked the Kenny segment. Was annoying as hell. I think that was the objective.

Ran a bit too long for Don though
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#143 » by Scott Hall » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:31 pm

Read on Twitter
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,296

Post#144 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:34 am

Moose is a solid, solid hand. Great look — looks like a grown man, 6’5, 260 lbs, and there’s something bad ass about his presentation, as well (kind of reminds me of Rampage Jackson). He also cuts an okay promo. Haven’t seen too much Impact the past few years but he seems to be one of the bright spots.
tugs
RealGM

Post#145 » by tugs » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:29 am

PPV was great. This crossovers are really putting eyes on both companies
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant

Post#146 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:42 pm

I was basically just looking out for the main event, but I did catch much of the show. Wasn’t impressed and didn’t recognize a lot of the talent there either. I tuned in for some matches/promos to see what this or that guy was doing, but nothing really caught my eye.

The presentation of the show was hard to digest, also. Striker and D’Lo did a solid job but visually it was so bland and dark. They need some kind of energy there.
Like I was saying before though, Moose is a tremendous talent. I haven’t watched too much of him in the ring so I was blown away by his athleticism as well. How was the match even going to go on without him ? Not knocking MCMG or anything, but he should’ve been in there instead of Swann to begin with (but I guess he wasn’t because they needed a fall guy and everyone agreed that should be Swann).
tugs
RealGM

Post#147 » by tugs » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:03 am

Just when I thought Decay got my eyes glued again to Impact, they pull my face closer to the screen by adding this Black Taurus character

This iteration of the stable is off to a great start
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Post#148 » by Dominator83 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:46 am

tugs wrote:Just when I thought Decay got my eyes glued again to Impact, they pull my face closer to the screen by adding this Black Taurus character

This iteration of the stable is off to a great start

And while we're doing cross promotions, let's get Black Taurus vs Lucha Saurus!
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
tugs
RealGM

Post#149 » by tugs » Mon Mar 1, 2021 9:04 am

Yoooo that D'Amore shade lol

And Black Taurus unhinged kept interrupting Rosemary in her promo was a bit funny
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#150 » by Morris_Shatford » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:27 pm

So....FinJuice?
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#151 » by Scott Hall » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:25 am

Read on Twitter
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Post#152 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:31 am

I'm interested to see how they book the Omega/Swann thing. I would say Omega wins both titles and then loses it back at Double or Nothing but then the road team wins both matches. For the home show to get what they want both times Swann has to win on TNA and Omega wins it back at AEW. But then the heel Omega gets a triumphant babyface win saving the title for the brand on AEW.
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant

Post#153 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:01 pm

I don’t watch much Impact these days. Tuned in a few weeks back in December when they started doing the crossover with AEW, but it didn’t hold my attention.

That being said, I think Moose is a star. Great look, solid worker, great theme/entrance (immediately stood out as something AEW can improve on; I was actually able to hear his music clearly).

Rich Swann just has a terrible look. It looks all the more noticeable being in the position that he’s in. He looks sloppy, disheveled, small, etc. I get his thing is being to work in the ring, but still.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#154 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:27 pm

Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#155 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:14 pm

Triple Threat X division match was really good. Ace Austin is nice talent. I thought Josh Alexander was going to be the weak link just by his look but being the strong mat wrestling guy in an otherwise cruiserweight match works well.

Big Cass??? He is in good shape. I guess he should be inspired by McIntyre. I also forgot he is 7 foot tall and you can't teach that, he looks like Khali compared to some of these guys. Where's Enzo?

Hawkins has a spear? Then his finisher is just some crap clothesline instead of it (Roster cut is a cool name for him though). Overall not a bad little thing with him and Ryder and they made Hawkins look like a jerk at the end of it continuing storyline.

Jordynne Grace seems like solid 25 yr old prospect, has good athleticism (fly through ring) and power mix, kind of cute in a thicc way. Rachel Ellering also has solid power and you know Vince likes the second generations. Could see both in the WWE.

This Sami Callahan guy seems like a solid hand, he made last man standing seem like a real beatdown. I hope that pile driver through the table with the broken legs was on purpose and he didn't almost break poor man's Ricochet's neck.

Will watch the last matches later.
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#156 » by Dominator83 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:19 am

It's a shame there isn't more interest in slammiversary. I ordered it and it was $40 pretty well spent imo. The main event between Callihan and Omega was intense. The rest of the show was rock solid as well.

My only beef was they did a Walking Dead Negan debut-like Cliffhanger. Did Jay White join them or fight them? I'm guessing he fought them

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Knightfall
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,049

Post#157 » by Knightfall » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:06 am

He didnt fight them. Callihans boys ran to the ring and broke it all up omega left and then switchblade walked up the ramp looking back at the ring.
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#158 » by Scott Hall » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:21 pm

I'm surprised AEW didn't sign Mickie James considering how poor their Womens division is at least
we get to hear Mickies TNA banger theme song again.

It's funny when they name dropped No Way Jose on Impact recently I thought it was a swerve and
they legitimately wouldn't be interested in signing him guess I was wrong but now I think they almost
have the entire catering section from RAW 2018.

Interesting to see where this Jay White thing goes I'm guessing he'll be on AEW eventually considering
his real life connections with Calis, Omega and the Good Brothers but if this is just for Impact then
I gotta question how AEW doesn't pick him up.

Am I the only one who could careless about Fin Juice and didn't even notice they had been gone?

Also I'll give it some time for now but I don't understand how Impact can't run bigger venues like a
dead brand like ROH can?
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#159 » by iMoreland » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:34 pm

Spoiler:
Meltzer: "Impact likely to nab some big names."

This is where Strowman should go, and honestly, Wyatt too. If Impact get those 2 I might start watching it again.
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#160 » by Dominator83 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:36 am

iMoreland wrote:
Spoiler:
Meltzer: "Impact likely to nab some big names."

This is where Strowman should go, and honestly, Wyatt too. If Impact get those 2 I might start watching it again.

I really can't believe that Omega being on there for so long didn't make it more popular. I've been consistently watching for a long time and they're always solid.

Braun vs Morrissey (formerly known as big cass) would be a great feud, but I don't think either should do any jobs quite yet, so maybe hold off on that for a bit.

Return to Pro Wrestling