Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 

Post#101 » by Scott Hall » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:36 pm

Dominater wrote:Funny how they keep pretending this whole "former champion returning" thing is supposed to be a surprise. We all know it's EC3.

I was thinking the other day EC3 needs to come in with a super classy I'm better then everyone gimmick
that his vignettes coming to the main roster were alluding to and have him say he's gonna exterminate all
the skids in Impact/wrestling business.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Post#102 » by Dominator83 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:39 pm

Scott Hall wrote:
Dominater wrote:Funny how they keep pretending this whole "former champion returning" thing is supposed to be a surprise. We all know it's EC3.

I was thinking the other day EC3 needs to come in with a super classy I'm better then everyone gimmick
that his vignettes coming to the main roster were alluding to and have him say he's gonna exterminate all
the skids in Impact/wrestling business.

I have no idea as to how Vince wasn't in love with this guy. He has the perfect Vince preferred look. I was always saying that if they were gonna have another corporate/authority champion, EC3 was the perfect guy for the role. Glad to see he'll be back where he's fully utilized.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#103 » by HeatIn5 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:17 pm

I think you'll see a couple different things at Slammiversary

- An Aces & 8s reboot - featuring Gallows and Anderson, Bully Ray, Ken Anderson, etc.

- Eric Young joining team Canada vs the above group

- EC3 coming to take back the "TNA" gold from Moose, I could see them "retiring" TNA the right way with EC3. Make him the final ever champion.

Other than that I'm not sure. But Impact has done a great job over the last few months in this fanless era. Their women's division is top notch in the industry and if they play their cards right they will have a formidable roster too.
Read on Twitter
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#104 » by Spens1 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:29 pm

JustiseForMiami wrote:I think you'll see a couple different things at Slammiversary

- An Aces & 8s reboot - featuring Gallows and Anderson, Bully Ray, Ken Anderson, etc.

- EC3 coming to take back the "TNA" gold from Moose, I could see them "retiring" TNA the right way with EC3. Make him the final ever champion.

Other than that I'm not sure. But Impact has done a great job over the last few months in this fanless era. Their women's division is top notch in the industry and if they play their cards right they will have a formidable roster too.

I saw that, please let that be tounge in cheek, they where legit the worst part of Impact by far in 2011 and 2012 (i'll even go as far as to say that's what nearly killed them.
HeatIn5
General Manager

Post#105 » by HeatIn5 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:41 pm

Spens1 wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:I think you'll see a couple different things at Slammiversary

I saw that, please let that be tounge in cheek, they where legit the worst part of Impact by far in 2011 and 2012 (i'll even go as far as to say that's what nearly killed them.

Well the problem, like the NWO is that they had EVERYONE join. I gotta think A&8's is what they mean in the promo videos with the 3 glasses. I don't think it will be as over the top but will lead to a Bully Ray/Doc/Anderson vs North/EY reunion 6 man feud of some sorts.

Meanwhile with how 2020 has gone, Im most shocked that Im talking about Aces and Eights.

Read on Twitter
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#106 » by Dominator83 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:00 am

Wow

http://heelbynature.com/wrestling-news/impact-wrestling/impact-wrestling-fires-tessa-blanchard-stripped-of-world-championship/

I had been wondering why she hasnt been on lately. Apparently she just stopped showing up to work

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#107 » by JohnPferdelack » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:56 am

and now?
Which company wants such a difficult human being?
Spens1
RealGM

Post#108 » by Spens1 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:10 am

HerroBalls wrote:
Spens1 wrote:

Well the problem, like the NWO is that they had EVERYONE join. I gotta think A&8's is what they mean in the promo videos with the 3 glasses. I don't think it will be as over the top but will lead to a Bully Ray/Doc/Anderson vs North/EY reunion 6 man feud of some sorts.

Meanwhile with how 2020 has gone, Im most shocked that Im talking about Aces and Eights.

They didn't even have quality at the top, they had Bully Ray, a kind of past it Mr Anderson, a pre bullet club gallows and a bunch of has beens.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#109 » by Spens1 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:13 am

JohnPferdelack wrote:and now?

The only thing saving her is she's probably the best north american female wrestler (and by some distance).
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#110 » by Dominator83 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:33 am

Spens1 wrote:
HerroBalls wrote:
Spens1 wrote:

They didn't even have quality at the top, they had Bully Ray, a kind of past it Mr Anderson, a pre bullet club gallows and a bunch of has beens.

Has beens or never weres like Wes Briscoe? Lol

HeatIn5
General Manager

Post#111 » by HeatIn5 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:45 pm

AEW should swoop that up, especially with her dad already being a coach.

Let her run through the women's division for at least the next year. Give her a Goldberg like run before bringing in someone like Cris Cyborg down the line.

Read on Twitter
Spens1
RealGM

Post#112 » by Spens1 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:56 pm

HerroBalls wrote:

AEW should swoop that up, especially with her dad already being a coach.

Let her run through the women's division for at least the next year. Give her a Goldberg like run before bringing in someone like Cris Cyborg down the line.

Yeah I'd say make her go on some kind of mega AEW womans champ push (honestly give her the belt for 18 months whilst they build up Shida to a western audience, build up Statlander, Baker, Rose, Anna Jay etc).
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#113 » by Ruzious » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:48 pm

Well, isn't her father still at AEW? Maybe they can do something similar to what WWE done with the Flairs.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#114 » by JohnPferdelack » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:48 pm

and what about Shawn Spears?
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#115 » by Scott Hall » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:18 pm

Read on Twitter

First Tessa now Elgin Impact Wrestling cleaning house!!

Very interesting to see where Tessa goes... she could join her dad in AEW but they arguably have the worst
Womens division in the world right now and that was before Britt Bakers injury. She could have a Bruno Sammartino
like world champ run with the lack of talent in that division and single handedly make it salvageable maybe
even watchable.

As for WWE the potential matches and feuds on paper are just to good.... Tessa vs. Charlotte, Asuka, Ripley, Sharai,
Belair, Banks, Bayley, even Becky after a few years removed from pregnancy. She might have to pay her dues and
climb the ladder where in AEW she would be the face of the division from day 1.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#116 » by Ruzious » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:58 pm

Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

Very interesting to see where Tessa goes... she could join her dad in AEW but they arguably have the worst
Womens division in the world right now and that was before Britt Bakers injury. She could have a Bruno Sammartino
like world champ run with the lack of talent in that division and single handedly make it salvageable maybe
even watchable.

As for WWE the potential matches and feuds on paper are just to good.... Tessa vs. Charlotte, Asuka, Ripley, Sharai,
Belair, Banks, Bayley, even Becky after a few years removed from pregnancy. She might have to pay her dues and

Oh well, I can't say I'm surprised about Elgin. I remember early in his career watching a shoot interview Kevin Steen did with him and thinking this guy is going to have to fundamentally change to stay out of trouble and continue with his career. Steen's reactions were like... Dude, I thought I was wild, but even I'm uncomfortable listening to you.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#117 » by Dominator83 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:49 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

even watchable.

Oh well, I can't say I'm surprised about Elgin. I remember early in his career watching a shoot interview Kevin Steen did with him and thinking this guy is going to have to fundamentally change to stay out of trouble and continue with his career. Steen's reactions were like... Dude, I thought I was wild, but even I'm uncomfortable listening to you.

About Tessa, I'm guessing if WWE were to land her, it's gonna take a Brinks truck to suade her away from AEW. So I'm guessing she wouldn't go to waste and be featured immediately

Spens1
RealGM

Post#118 » by Spens1 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:30 pm

Impact's decision making is bizzare, sure, its good that they're getting rid of the racists and scum in the company but all of this was very very public knowledge (Tessa was known widely as being a very difficult person to deal with, maybe not so much the racism but when they found out about it, they STILL put the world title on her).

The Elgin thing is even more bizzare, the allegations where known publically at that time (I mean its why New Japan couldn't book him in America pretty much due to how toxic he was on the north american continent).
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#119 » by Scott Hall » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:50 pm

Read on Twitter

Interesting hearing your guys stories about Elgin I honestly never heard about them. I just knew he was a bland
generic looking guy that can have good matches working Japanese style. The vibe I got was he was a solid quiet
guy that loved wrestling would never expect him to be this wild.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#120 » by Spens1 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:11 am

Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

Interesting hearing your guys stories about Elgin I honestly never heard about them. I just knew he was a bland
generic looking guy that can have good matches working Japanese style. The vibe I got was he was a solid quiet
guy that loved wrestling would never expect him to be this wild.

Well, there was the Kevin Owens podcast and what he said on that (something to the affect that he urinated on a woman even though she didn't consent or something like that).

Also their was a sexual assault allegation against one of his students and he covered for his student and more or less threw the student who was sexually assaulted under the bus, not to mention I think their where allegations against him as well.

Add that to the fact he had some choice words for Jeff Cobb (said to the extent he smells bad) and was talking all sorts of nonsense (i.e. he was the main gaijin that people went to other than Kenny for the new guys) and he more or less got x-pac heat from the non japanese audience for new japan (was still incredibly popular within Japan which saved his job honestly, but all of this did get him depushed from being a guy who could challenge for the IC belt to basically mid card fodder mostly).

Return to Pro Wrestling