Post#1981 » by iMoreland » Wed Sep 7, 2022 9:45 pm

Tonight may be AEW's biggest rating ever
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,009

Re: All Elite Wrestling - Discussion 

Post#1982 » by Dominator83 » Wed Sep 7, 2022 9:50 pm

iMoreland wrote:Tonight may be AEW's biggest rating ever

Which is why all this stuff may very well still be a work. They're bringing eyeballs to the product
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

All Elite Wrestling - Discussion 

Post#1983 » by Paradise » Wed Sep 7, 2022 10:14 pm

Dominater wrote:
iMoreland wrote:Tonight may be AEW's biggest rating ever

Which is why all this stuff may very well still be a work. They're bringing eyeballs to the product

Nah, I’m starting to see it isn’t a work. Punk is allegedly injured again. I’ll be gladly proven wrong hopefully but I think this is AEW’s first “TNA” moment. They could say he’s injured kayfabe or not but it’s likely CM Punk ruined his non-WWE entire wrestling career with his peers.

People will tune in for the first hour to see if this is real or not but It’s looking pretty damn real across the industry.

There really isn’t any money to be made in the World Champion and the Inaugural Trios World champions in a massive reported personal feud.

All parties are supposed to be coming in as a babyface on TV and Punk legit broke character doing that media presser. I’m not sure how do you work with someone who believes the entire company is built on his back after 1 year and he can barely stay healthy.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#1984 » by Scott Hall » Wed Sep 7, 2022 11:20 pm

Just thinking about Chris Jericho...

Dude is gonna be 52 in a couple of months he truly is a marvel he can still do everything young "Lion Heart" Jericho
can do but just at a slower speed and he works a full time schedule. I think he's surpassed Terry Funk and Ric Flair
in the longevity department with quality work.

I don't know how much longer he can keep this up but it's kind of sad to me to see him wrestle this late in his career
in this dysfunctional big budget Indy promotion that barely gets a million viewers a week and wrestles in 5000-10000
seat arenas.

You can make a solid argument he's top 10 all-time and he really deserves to be wrestling in 20,000 seat arenas
or the big super shows in front of 40,000-70,000 people. He has a really good relationship with HHH and Steph
I hope they can get him over there to finish his career for a proper sendoff before it's to late.
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#1985 » by Lord Eder » Thu Sep 8, 2022 12:05 am

World title and Trios titles vacated
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,182

Post#1986 » by heatwillbeback » Thu Sep 8, 2022 12:11 am

Lord Eder wrote:World title and Trios titles vacated

What was telling to me is no mention/highlights of any of the reported suspended wresters (and Punk).

Simply vacated. Didnt say from who. Didnt say why. :lol:
Lord Eder
General Manager

Post#1987 » by Lord Eder » Thu Sep 8, 2022 12:21 am

Helluva promo from Mox
- Chuck Swirsky
heatwillbeback
RealGM

Post#1988 » by heatwillbeback » Thu Sep 8, 2022 12:22 am

Mox had to come back from time off for this.......

Him/Jericho are the fn most consistent workers. They show up and do the job well.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#1989 » by tugs » Thu Sep 8, 2022 12:28 am

Not gonna lie seems the title landscape looks a lot better now

Just confused where they got the credentials for the participants. Bryan Danielson 6x World Champ?
heatwillbeback
RealGM

Post#1990 » by heatwillbeback » Thu Sep 8, 2022 12:30 am

tugs wrote:Not gonna lie seems the title landscape looks a lot better now

Just confused where they got the credentials for the participants. Bryan Danielson 6x World Champ?

Had to count ROH im guessing. 4 WWE, 1 World Heavyweight, 1 ROH.
Lord Eder
General Manager

Post#1991 » by Lord Eder » Thu Sep 8, 2022 12:39 am

Death Triangle deserves the Trios belts. When the belts were announced I thought it should’ve either been them or House of Black. Shame the news about Malakai.
- Chuck Swirsky
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,570

Post#1992 » by Pharaoh » Thu Sep 8, 2022 1:33 am

General rule in wrestling is: if it's televised in any way then its a work.

MJF the obvious one.

This Punk v Elite could easily be a work too.

You can end up with Danielson, Mox & Punk v Omega & the Bucks old school v new school kinda thing.

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#1993 » by Paradise » Thu Sep 8, 2022 1:48 am

Pharaoh wrote:General rule in wrestling is: if it's televised in any way then its a work.

MJF the obvious one.

This Punk v Elite could easily be a work too.

You can end up with Danielson, Mox & Punk v Omega & the Bucks old school v new school kinda thing.

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app

Nah, this isn’t a work.

They wouldn’t allow on air talent to take obvious shots at the Elite & Punk like this. Someone is getting fired after the suspensions end.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1994 » by WRau1 » Thu Sep 8, 2022 12:50 pm

It will be interesting to see who they put the title on because you have to assume that MJF will take it from them at Battle of the Belts or Full Gear. So are you going to put the title on Mox and have him drop it 2 weeks later, again? Are they really going to have Danielson's 1st AEW title reign be that short?
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1995 » by WRau1 » Thu Sep 8, 2022 12:52 pm

Also, AEW needs to build more around Death Triangle. All three guys are fantastic and should be featured heavily.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Lord Eder
General Manager

Post#1996 » by Lord Eder » Thu Sep 8, 2022 3:54 pm

WRau1 wrote:It will be interesting to see who they put the title on because you have to assume that MJF will take it from them at Battle of the Belts or Full Gear. So are you going to put the title on Mox and have him drop it 2 weeks later, again? Are they really going to have Danielson's 1st AEW title reign be that short?

I think Danielson takes it. But I also think he gets a decent run with it. He's the perfect guy to give some stability back to the main event scene IMO. Big name, good promos, great in the ring, no drama etc. Let him do what he's been doing but with the belt for a while. Maybe they start building the program with MJF late this year for Revolution. Let him run a muck with his Stokley boys then have the BCC start feuding with them to try to put an end to the shenanigans.

And I don't mean that as any knock on Mox, the dude, as we saw yesterday has shown he can be that guy to carry you when you need it. I just think Danielson deserves some shine for what he's done in his year at AEW.
- Chuck Swirsky
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#1997 » by Flames24Rulz » Thu Sep 8, 2022 5:17 pm

Scott Hall wrote:Just thinking about Chris Jericho...

Dude is gonna be 52 in a couple of months he truly is a marvel he can still do everything young "Lion Heart" Jericho
can do but just at a slower speed and he works a full time schedule. I think he's surpassed Terry Funk and Ric Flair
in the longevity department with quality work.

I don't know how much longer he can keep this up but it's kind of sad to me to see him wrestle this late in his career
in this dysfunctional big budget Indy promotion that barely gets a million viewers a week and wrestles in 5000-10000
seat arenas.

You can make a solid argument he's top 10 all-time and he really deserves to be wrestling in 20,000 seat arenas
or the big super shows in front of 40,000-70,000 people. He has a really good relationship with HHH and Steph
I hope they can get him over there to finish his career for a proper sendoff before it's to late.

I'm like 99.9% sure that he'll end his career back with WWE. He had that stretch a little while ago where he was looking sloppy and older, but he's been extremely good in ring and on the mic this last year or so. He's 52, but he looks probably 10 years younger than that right now.

Punk is almost 10 years younger than Jericho, and he can't make it through a 15-20 minute match without getting severely hurt. Even if he does come back to AEW after he's healed, I wonder how exactly he's going to be booked going forward. You can't keep putting the title on a guy who can't stay healthy.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#1998 » by Marcus » Thu Sep 8, 2022 11:19 pm

perfect time to lock this one up
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY

Return to Pro Wrestling