Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

NXT Thread III 

Post#1 » by Marcus » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:04 am

Keep the party rolling strong folks.

Who gets the first shot at Cole? Ciampa or Balor? and who's the fourth rando wrassler to join those 2 and Velveteen in a 4 on 4 verses UE?

REACT!!!!
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Re: NXT Thread III 

Post#2 » by iMoreland » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:54 am

I'm kinda over Undisputed Era already, put the titles on other guys. I want Velveteen Dream as NXT Champion.

And someone like Keith Lee would really benefit from getting the North American title. Him and Dijakovic need something to fight over to continue their feud.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#3 » by Ruzious » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:33 pm

iMoreland wrote:I kinda over Undisputed Era already, put the titles on other guys. I want Velveteen Dream as NXT Champion.

And someone like Keith Lee would really benefit from getting the North American title. Him and Dijakovic need something to fight over to continue their feud.

Are the Undisputed Era too old and too experienced for NXT? Personally, I can't get enough of them - no matter where they are. But are they a fit for the WWE main roster - are they big enough? I'd like to see them there with a bigger guy added to sorta be their body guard. Maybe they would fit better at AWE?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#4 » by Marcus » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:24 pm

not so sure UE are main show guys. I believe Cole can be because simply put he's Adam Cole, the other 3 would need help. Maybe Fish and KOR with them being a really good tag team. But they'd have to catch fire with PURRRRREEEE ring work and i'm not sure that's enough to work at their size. They'll need something by the way of personality and neither has enough of that.

Roddy needs a manager and or to be pushed as the best worker on the planet in order to maintain some sort of success on that big of a stage. NXT just might be the best place for UE under a WWE umbrella. I think the 3 flounder without Cole on the main stage and Cole might be too small for a sustained run at the top if called up.

Shifting that whole group to AEW ala The Radicals back in the day wouldn't be a sustainable thing either i don't think. Too many factions in one spot gets old real quick and AEW doesn't need to repeat moves made by WCW back in the day.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#5 » by Marcus » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:25 pm

Anybody on the NXT roster you guys think are strictly small room acts? Or do you think it's solely on poor management on the main roster when guys that get called up don't workout?
Watch More Basketball

iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#6 » by iMoreland » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:29 am

iMoreland wrote:And someone like Keith Lee would really benefit from getting the North American title. Him and Dijakovic need something to fight over to continue their feud.

I am psychic

Read on Twitter
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#7 » by improper » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:14 am

That's a smart set-up. They can have Lee and Dijakovic take each other out and then Strong picks up the win while keeping everyone strong heading into the next Takeover.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#8 » by WRau1 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:07 am

Baszler seriously might be the best heel in Wrestling.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#9 » by Marcus » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:10 pm

WRau1 wrote:Baszler seriously might be the best heel in Wrestling.

she's been fantastic for a long time. Would love to see her on the main stage and see how they'd use her.
Watch More Basketball

Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#10 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:30 pm

Can Walter main event a Wrestlemania? Does he deserve a massive push?
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Post#11 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:54 pm

Marcus wrote:Anybody on the NXT roster you guys think are strictly small room acts? Or do you think it's solely on poor management on the main roster when guys that get called up don't workout?

Blame it on Vince, but I'm bear-ish on Velveteen. If his character looks weak on the main roster he would be on the road to comedy jobber status quickly. I also think he's one of the guys the size difference between NXT and main roster will hurt the most. Roode and EC3 showed that it's hard to play the "larger than life" character when you are smaller than a lot of the roster (not that they really tried in either case). I think Velveteen is low key not far away from being cruiserweight size, he just is a heavyweight compared to Gargano and Cole. Thats probably why he was never the next Reigns/Cena
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#12 » by improper » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:20 am

Celtsfan1980 wrote:Can Walter main event a Wrestlemania? Does he deserve a massive push?

I mean, given the past five or so main events of 'Mania, I feel like just about anyone could main event it better than what they've given us.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#13 » by WRau1 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:47 am

Dr Positivity wrote:
Marcus wrote:Anybody on the NXT roster you guys think are strictly small room acts? Or do you think it's solely on poor management on the main roster when guys that get called up don't workout?

Blame it on Vince, but I'm bear-ish on Velveteen. If his character looks weak on the main roster he would be on the road to comedy jobber status quickly. I also think he's one of the guys the size difference between NXT and main roster will hurt the most. Roode and EC3 showed that it's hard to play the "larger than life" character when you are smaller than a lot of the roster (not that they really tried in either case). I think Velveteen is low key not far away from being cruiserweight size, he just is a heavyweight compared to Gargano and Cole. Thats probably why he was never the next Reigns/Cena

Dream is like the exact size as Seth Rollins.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#14 » by Stanford » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:25 pm

WRau1 wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:

I'd be stunned if that was actually true.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#15 » by WRau1 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:37 pm

Stanford wrote:
WRau1 wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:

I'd be stunned if that was actually true.

Dream is billed taller and heavier. Didn't Jericho just call Rollins out for talking about Osprey's size when Rollins is barely bigger than him?
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#16 » by Stanford » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:43 pm

WRau1 wrote:
Dream is billed taller and heavier.

Oh, okay. We are saying the same thing then. My bad.

I think Dream is way bigger than Rollins, more than their billed figures let on.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#17 » by Marcus » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:54 pm

Honestly if Vince (Triple H) believes enough in the character then the size wouldn't really matter. What it comes down to with Dream i think, is whether or not a character that over the top can be viewed as a world champion on the main stage. That might be the tougher sale to the masses. How much of a change would Dream need to make?
Watch More Basketball

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Post#18 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:06 pm

Stanford wrote:
WRau1 wrote:
Dream is billed taller and heavier.

Oh, okay. We are saying the same thing then. My bad.

I think Dream is way bigger than Rollins, more than their billed figures let on.

He is actually pretty similar to Buddy Murphy, it looks to me Velveteen is slightly taller

Wrestlers as big as him and smaller have been stars, I just think some people's character depends more on size than others, EC3 is a great example as in NXT he had the look of a star more than anyone else due to his ridiculous body but it didn't work as well on main roster. Dream is one of them as he needs a larger than life presence and needs to be physically intimidating instead of looking soft despite being a male stripper type character (Then again, HBK was also kind of a male stripper type character and not that huge)
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#19 » by Marcus » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:09 pm

would of you guys be down for Ripley/Belair to turn into a Lee/DD kind of feud in the women's division? or should Rhea run through her and keep it pushing towards Bazler?

Also: thoughts on Damien Priest?
Watch More Basketball

WRau1
RealGM

Post#20 » by WRau1 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:42 am

That Cameron Grimmes v Matt Riddle match was **** great
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz

Return to Pro Wrestling