NXT Thread III

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,731

Re: NXT Thread III 

Post#461 » by gambitx777 » Sat Apr 9, 2022 12:06 am

Dude is gonna be 32 in July, he's cut from stone. Is a good talker and a great worker. He's 6'3 220 ish. He's got a good look and a lot of potential as a heal. I don't mean he will reach randy Orton heights I just mean he's got potential as a randy Orton type.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#462 » by gambitx777 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:06 pm

I didn't realize Wendy choo was 30. But has anyone checked out her Instagram ..... My looooooooord is she one gorgeous gal! SMOKE SHOW! Like why are they gimicking this girl up so much first thing now the orange Cassidy light gimick. Let her be her !

gambitx777
General Manager

Post#463 » by gambitx777 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:17 am

I saw someone call Nikita "thicky the waggon steamboat" and I almost dropped dead right then and their.

gambitx777
General Manager

Post#464 » by gambitx777 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:21 pm

Did they ditch Harland ? Like why? I know he's green but man they could do something with him.

gambitx777
General Manager

Post#465 » by gambitx777 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:29 pm

Dexter, kai, Harland , parada and other released... Wild .....

Malcolm bivons declined to resign a new deal.

iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#466 » by iMoreland » Sun Jun 5, 2022 8:59 am

Creed Brothers are great. Bron too. They did a good job choosing who to build NXT around. But they need to find another blue chip female prospect. Mandy's run is getting stale.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Post#467 » by Dominator83 » Sun Jun 5, 2022 10:15 am

iMoreland wrote:Creed Brothers are great. Bron too. They did a good job choosing who to build NXT around. But they need to find another blue chip female prospect. Mandy's run is getting stale.

I thought the opening match stole the show.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,538

Post#468 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:49 pm

Catching up on In Your House

Mob family vs Legado was a fun mix character wise with the stip. Cruz Del Toro impressed me. Maybe he can start being the KOR to Santos' Cole and eventually feud him.

Womens tag was decent and made me root for Chance and Carter. Cool entrance. They'd fit on main roster though they could get a big pop if they finally beat Toxic for the tag titles. Kacy is Ricochet's ex, him/Carter/Kacy would be a nice babyface stable if they could still work together.

I actually DIDN'T like Grimes vs Hayes that much, although it picked up near the end. Not sure who to blame. I think Grimes might not be a good enough wrestler to get away with that body.

Rose vs Choo was pretty solid and I like the contrast of their personalities. I didn't like how Choo basically lost because of her outfit messing her up on several occasions.

I didn't know who Pretty Deadly was since I only watch NXT PPVs but I thought they played their part well to help put the Creed Brothers over, who looked great.

Breaker vs Gacy was Reigns vs Bray adjace. It did its job alright, the DQ stipulation combined with their two personalities was a good idea and made the match.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#469 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:05 pm

gambitx777 wrote:Dexter, kai, Harland , parada and other released... Wild .....

I'm surprised they didn't try Dakota as main roster babyface. And Dexter could have at least been a 24/7 comedy type of guy, how long are Tozawa and R Truth supposed to chase each other for that.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#470 » by gambitx777 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:22 am

Dr Positivity wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:Dexter, kai, Harland , parada and other released... Wild .....

I'm surprised they didn't try Dakota as main roster babyface. And Dexter could have at least been a 24/7 comedy type of guy, how long are Tozawa and R Truth supposed to chase each other for that.
I felt like they should have used dexter at Austin's heavy.

Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#471 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:25 am

Cora is heel now? I kind of like it
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#472 » by tugs » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:41 am

Yep, and rumors say that Commander Azeez will be her enforcer
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Post#473 » by Dominator83 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:03 am

HHH should change it back to the Black and Gold brand. This rainbow setting sucks
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#474 » by iMoreland » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:03 pm

Dominater wrote:HHH should change it back to the Black and Gold brand. This rainbow setting sucks

"In NXT, the belief was that the product will revert back somewhat to Triple H’s previous vision of it."

- WON
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#475 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:12 pm

I don't know if NXT can ever be hot again while AEW is, but if they were going back to old model Breakker should lose title to the next guy they want to call up after him, who's then gets called up after their title reign ends, and starting the cycle again of next guy up. Melo or Grayson? They could do title vs title with Breakker and Melo and have Melo win, and get rid of the North American title, going back to system when NXT was at its best.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#476 » by gambitx777 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:59 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:I don't know if NXT can ever be hot again while AEW is, but if they were going back to old model Breakker should lose title to the next guy they want to call up after him, who's then gets called up after their title reign ends, and starting the cycle again of next guy up. Melo or Grayson? They could do title vs title with Breakker and Melo and have Melo win, and get rid of the North American title, going back to system when NXT was at its best.
I think NXT needs a mid card tittle. I think wee needs more titles in general not so much as much as the AEW thing where they have half a thousand belts.

Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#477 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:37 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:I don't know if NXT can ever be hot again while AEW is, but if they were going back to old model Breakker should lose title to the next guy they want to call up after him, who's then gets called up after their title reign ends, and starting the cycle again of next guy up. Melo or Grayson? They could do title vs title with Breakker and Melo and have Melo win, and get rid of the North American title, going back to system when NXT was at its best.
I think NXT needs a mid card tittle. I think wee needs more titles in general not so much as much as the AEW thing where they have half a thousand belts.

I have mixed feelings on the midcard belts in that I think when you're not in world title picture what you want is to be in the Rollins vs Cody type feud where it's a marquee storyline that doesn't involve a title. A lot of time these are more important than the IC or US belt match. The NXT version would be something like Alestair Black vs Velveteen feud. After Black won that feud it was easy to then push him for world champion. A Takeover card of world champion match, women's champ match, men's tag champ, women's tag champ, and then singles feud for a guy who's being built up for world title shot, looks pretty solid to me. Carmelo Hayes vs Grayson Allen feud for Great American Bash still happens and works perfectly fine if there was no North American title for me, if anything it would have almost made it seem more meaningful if they were kind of vying for supremacy as the next guy after Breakker.

On the other hand midcard belts are good way to make random Raws or Smackdowns more exciting and to fill out the monthly PPVs, and also on large roster to keep someone busy. Main roster can also afford to keep putting out guys that are never ever going to be world champion material and who's best case scenario is IC title, you need a few guys that are average levels of over, there is value in having them instead of jabronis. So I think they make more sense for main roster than NXT where they have less time to fill and not a PPV every month. It might help the weekly NXTs to throw in a North American match but they might as well just make the world champion defend a few times in between each Takeover. The TV NXT shows have never really been ultra thirsty for ratings since they're trying to give developmental time.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#478 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:55 am

Apollo with one of his best matches ever against Roddy.

Don't need to see that rounds match format again. Maybe if it was half as many rounds.

There should be more meetings between two feuding guys on the main roster like that D'Angelo-Santos thing

Who is actually supposed to take the title off Mandy if Stark doesn't do it next week? The previous favorite to do it just turned heel. Also speaking of Stark, love her finisher.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#479 » by tugs » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:32 am

Stark has been great and that finisher suits her well. Works with almost all of the women in NXT but I'm excited for a feud with someone with Raquel or Rhea's size. The usual route is developing a submission hold.

I'm actually getting a Cena type of push for Zoey
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#480 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:51 am

I didn't realize Giovanni Vinci is Fabian Eichner, thought they just found another generic looking bald guy

Return to Pro Wrestling