Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,989

Re: NXT Thread III 

Post#21 » by Stanford » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:49 am

WRau1 wrote:That Cameron Grimmes v Matt Riddle match was **** great

I haven't watched it yet but I'll say that I've been really impressed with Grimes so far. He's tremendous.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#22 » by WRau1 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:54 am

I think Strong, Lee and Dijak all just died on that botched tower suplex power bomb spot.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#23 » by Marcus » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:39 am

Stanford wrote:

I haven't watched it yet but I'll say that I've been really impressed with Grimes so far. He's tremendous.

Followed him on the indies as Trevor Lee and saw star in him if he ever got the mic and character thing down. In the ring he's ridiculous.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#24 » by The_Brecht » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:57 am

Finally a Balor heel turn!
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#25 » by Stanford » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:01 pm

That Balor heel turn was so **** good. NXT is not **** around.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,094

Post#26 » by daoneandonly » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:49 pm

Marcus wrote:
Stanford wrote:

Followed him on the indies as Trevor Lee and saw star in him if he ever got the mic and character thing down. In the ring he's ridiculous.

Yeah Impact botched him badly, he was a sure fire star in the making
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,094

Post#27 » by daoneandonly » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:59 pm

Stanford wrote:That Balor heel turn was so **** good. NXT is not **** around.

The_Brecht wrote:Finally a Balor heel turn!

Yeah it was great. The smiling happy go lucky Balor was going nowhere. This iteration is intriguing.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#28 » by Scott Hall » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:07 am

Just watched NXT really big fan of the Rhea Ripley and Bianca Belair match way better match then
anything I've seen from Becky Lynch and Bayley.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#29 » by Marcus » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:24 pm

Scott Hall wrote:Just watched NXT really big fan of the Rhea Ripley and Bianca Belair match way better match then
anything I've seen from Becky Lynch and Bayley.

that match worked for me in so many ways.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#30 » by iMoreland » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:59 pm

Dijakovic vs Lee vs Strong gets 5 stars from me. That match was insane.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by iMoreland » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:05 pm

WRau1 wrote:I think Strong, Lee and Dijak all just died on that botched tower suplex power bomb spot.

Don't think it was a botch, Lee struggling to hold them up made it look better imo
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#32 » by Marcus » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:08 pm

iMoreland wrote:
WRau1 wrote:I think Strong, Lee and Dijak all just died on that botched tower suplex power bomb spot.

Don't think it was a botch, Lee struggling to hold them up made it look better imo

Can anybody in that match make the main stage?
Watch More Basketball

iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by iMoreland » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:19 pm

Marcus wrote:
iMoreland wrote:

All 3
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#34 » by Marcus » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:24 pm

iMoreland wrote:
Marcus wrote:
iMoreland wrote:Don't think it was a botch, Lee struggling to hold them up made it look better imo

All 3

i think if anyone has a shot it's Lee. The other two i'm not so sure of without a manager. I think DD would benefit from one if they pushed him the right way with the right mouth piece. Roddy i think would have to be pushed as a Benoit level worker which is more than doable but his character comes off as douchy and I don't know what the lifespan of that could be. Lee has a unique look, obviously the skill, and is charismatic enough to forge a nice run if they don't bury him because he's not shredded up.
Watch More Basketball

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#35 » by Stanford » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:08 am

I don't even know what making it on the big stage looks like anymore. Which NXT stars have "made it?"
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by iMoreland » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:33 am

Marcus wrote:
iMoreland wrote:
Marcus wrote:

All 3

i think if anyone has a shot it's Lee. The other two i'm not so sure of without a manager. I think DD would benefit from one if they pushed him the right way with the right mouth piece. Roddy i think would have to be pushed as a Benoit level worker which is more than doable but his character comes off as douchy and I don't know what the lifespan of that could be. Lee has a unique look, obviously the skill, and is charismatic enough to forge a nice run if they don't bury him because he's not shredded up.

Strong will be fine as long as he's with Undisputed Era. Dijakovic is 6'7" 270, he'll be fine.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#37 » by Marcus » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:36 am

Stanford wrote:I don't even know what making it on the big stage looks like anymore. Which NXT stars have "made it?"

that's actually a really good question. I know i had a couple of pockets there where i wasn't keeping up with wrestling as a whole but outside of the Shield members (Seth and Ambrose probably don't qualify) and a few that came after that I can't full think of anyone that cultivated their act on NXT and translated it fine.

Bray and the women's revolution might be the only homegrown talent, Big E maybe?

Joe, Balor, Owens were all made prior to signing that NXT contract to begin with.

Not sure who else fits the criteria of sustained success and relevance.
Watch More Basketball

iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by iMoreland » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:38 am

Stanford wrote:I don't even know what making it on the big stage looks like anymore. Which NXT stars have "made it?"

Becky, Charlotte, Seth
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#39 » by Marcus » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:40 am

iMoreland wrote:
Marcus wrote:
iMoreland wrote:All 3

Strong will be fine as long as he's with Undisputed Era. Dijakovic is 6'7" 270, he'll be fine.

You're making my point with Roddy needing a talker and that goes back an earlier convo with how UE fits on the main show due to size.

Dijakovic looks the part kinda but what could you really say seperates him from say a Cesaro? I haven't seen a ton of mic and character work from the guy that gives him seperation from "big guy that can work number 87"
Watch More Basketball

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#40 » by Marcus » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:45 am

iMoreland wrote:

Becky, Charlotte, Seth

does Seth really count? was his indy following not enough? honest question because i do remember him being in OVW (or whatever the farm system was before they renamed it NXT) was there never really any plans to do anything with him and Ambrose? think they really completely struck gold with The Shield or do you think they would have repackaged however they needed to until something stuck?
Watch More Basketball

Return to Pro Wrestling