Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,964

Re: WWE WrestleMania 36 Discussion 

Post#181 » by Stanford » Mon Apr 6, 2020 3:38 am

jakecronus8 wrote:
Stanford wrote:Well, ****. That was an interesting two-night event.

I'd like to think about it this way:

On the average Wrestlemania, how many matches would you call great? Because there are three matches over the past two days that I'm going to remember: Boneyard, Charlotte-Ripley, and Edge-Orton. On top of that, good matches like the 5-way women's match, Sami-Bryan, Owens-Rollins and the triple-threat ladder match. How many bad matches were there? Elias-Corbin and the Goldberg match for sure. The Lynch-Baszler match was pretty bad I guess. But that's kind of it.

I really think this was a good Wrestlemania :dontknow:

If you don’t remember the fun house match I’d have to wonder if you were blindfolded with ear plugs in. :lol:

I gave my thoughts on it a few posts above.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,295

Post#182 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Apr 6, 2020 3:43 am

When people look back at this show (i.e. “rankings” lists etc.) I think this is its own seperate category. I can’t honestly say it was better than any other mania but that was to be expected. I can say though that on its own it was a very entertaining event all things considered and a welcomed experience given the state of the world. Really don’t think there’s much they could’ve done to make it better outside of booking (which is all subjective anyway).
Do it for Chuck
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,872

Post#183 » by Dominator83 » Mon Apr 6, 2020 3:53 am

jakecronus8 wrote:When people look back at this show (i.e. “rankings” lists etc.) I think this is its own seperate category. I can’t honestly say it was better than any other mania but that was to be expected. I can say though that on its own it was a very entertaining event all things considered and a welcomed experience given the state of the world. Really don’t think there’s much they could’ve done to make it better outside of booking (which is all subjective anyway).

Yea especially with how they made the Cena/Wyatt thing completely different from the boneyard match. That was what most of our eyes were gonna be on tonight and they nailed it
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,216

Post#184 » by bondom34 » Mon Apr 6, 2020 4:39 am

Just realized Gronk still has the 24/7 belt. Expected him to lose it right away.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#185 » by iMoreland » Mon Apr 6, 2020 6:06 am

I loved it, glad they didn't postpone it
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#186 » by iMoreland » Mon Apr 6, 2020 6:25 am

Is the Fun House match what it feels like to be on acid?
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,295

Post#187 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Apr 6, 2020 6:26 am

Firefly match was even better on second viewing. The ending went over my head first time around.

Replaying the audio of Cena’s promo where he says “this match will accomplish what should’ve happened six years ago. Ending the existence of the most overhyped, overvalued, overprivileged wwe superstar in existence” as Fiend is putting him down. Poetic.
Do it for Chuck
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#188 » by iMoreland » Mon Apr 6, 2020 6:46 am

Coronavirus could have sent WWE into a new era. Don't know how you do the cinematic matches when live crowds are back, but they can't stop doing them. Have them be network specials or something. So much potential. Undertaker's gonna be around for another decade if all he has to do are those kind of matches.

Sting vs Undertaker
Wyatt vs Undertaker
F*** it do another Kane vs Undertaker feud

$$$$$$$$$$
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#189 » by Dominator83 » Mon Apr 6, 2020 9:28 am

jakecronus8 wrote:Firefly match was even better on second viewing. The ending went over my head first time around.

Replaying the audio of Cena’s promo where he says “this match will accomplish what should’ve happened six years ago. Ending the existence of the most overhyped, overvalued, overprivileged wwe superstar in existence” as Fiend is putting him down. Poetic.

Yea I watched it 3 times now lol.

And you hit the nail on the end. Everybody that seems to have a minor gripe with the ending clearly missed that

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#190 » by Dominator83 » Mon Apr 6, 2020 9:31 am

iMoreland wrote:Is the Fun House match what it feels like to be on acid?

Cue Jon Stewart in "Half Baked"

Have you even seen the firefly fun house match?

Pause

Have you ever seen the firefly fun house match, on weed??

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#191 » by Ruzious » Mon Apr 6, 2020 11:07 am

Stanford wrote:How much of a **** bummer is it to win your first title in front of no one

The real bummer was that it was such a mediocre match. Those 2 could have put on a great match. I guess WWE doesn't think Brock has any stamina anymore.

The Funhouse match was so much more creative and compelling and bizarre than the Boneyard match. It left me wanting more. The Boneyard match left me wanting no more of the OC - they're done - and Styles.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#192 » by WRau1 » Mon Apr 6, 2020 1:30 pm

WWE should go full Lucha Underground from here on out.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#193 » by Scott Hall » Mon Apr 6, 2020 9:35 pm

Just saw on the timeline that someone said Meltzer called Edge vs. Orton the most boring WM match ever...

I'm not gonna rag on anything they did creatively or any of the booking decisions under these circumstances.
I did get bored though as it went on to long. Ironically I had ordered food just around when the match started
and of course I lose connection briefly to the network then then the delivery guy comes and knocks on the door
and the time I pay and comeback to the TV the match was over and I missed the finish.

Off the to of my head the most boring WM matches I can remember were Reigns vs. Lesnar and Reigns vs. HHH.
As for this show I'd say Becky vs. Shayna was more boring and Liv Morgan vs. Natalya if preshow matches count.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,964

Post#194 » by Stanford » Mon Apr 6, 2020 9:55 pm

I saw Lesnar vs HHH live and it was the most boring thing I've ever seen. No one in my section a sound during the entire match.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#195 » by improper » Mon Apr 6, 2020 10:00 pm

Dominater wrote:Have you ever seen the firefly fun house match, on weed??

Ironically, weed plus a copious amount of alcohol caused me to pass out on my couch before the Fun House match, so nope. :lol:

Since they've closed down all the bars here, everyone in my apartment building just gets sh*tfaced in the dog park attached to my building complex all day Saturday and Sunday. I was out there for like three straight hours drinking Kentucky mules yesterday. My dog has barely moved today.
zappafrank
Junior
And1: 158

Post#196 » by zappafrank » Tue Apr 7, 2020 12:21 am

Ruzious wrote:
Stanford wrote:How much of a **** bummer is it to win your first title in front of no one

The real bummer was that it was such a mediocre match. Those 2 could have put on a great match. I guess WWE doesn't think Brock has any stamina anymore.

The Funhouse match was so much more creative and compelling and bizarre than the Boneyard match. It left me wanting more. The Boneyard match left me wanting no more of the OC - they're done - and Styles.

did anyone notice how red faced Brock was just walking out to start? wondering if he has high blood pressure? or was he baking in the sun by the pool where he was staying?
WRau1
RealGM

Post#197 » by WRau1 » Tue Apr 7, 2020 12:25 am

zappafrank wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

did anyone notice how red faced Brock was just walking out to start? wondering if he has high blood pressure? or was he baking in the sun by the pool where he was staying?

Yup, Lesnar shows up sun burnt pretty often.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#198 » by tugs » Tue Apr 7, 2020 3:40 am

Can't believe I found the post Mania title match between Drew and Show was more action packed for me
WRau1
RealGM

Post#199 » by WRau1 » Wed Apr 8, 2020 12:05 am

Apparently the reason that Ripley dropped the title to Flair was due to her work visa expiring. She had to go back to Australia and noone knows when she'll be allowed to come back. That's pretty rough.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
WRau1
RealGM

Post#200 » by WRau1 » Wed Apr 8, 2020 6:47 pm

I guess Ripley is still in the US and the WWE is handling her visa issues. I got, got.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz

Return to Pro Wrestling