Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

NXT TakeOver: XXX Discussion 

Post#1 » by iMoreland » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:25 am

• Keith Lee (c) vs Karrion Kross — NXT Championship Match

• Io Shirai (c) vs Dakota Kai — NXT Women's Championship Match

• Bronson Reed vs Cameron Grimes vs Johnny Gargano vs Damian Priest vs Velveteen Dream — North American Championship Ladder Match

• Breezango vs Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan vs Legado del Fantasma — NXT Tag Team Championship #1 Contenders Match

• Adam Cole vs Pat McAfee

• Finn Bálor vs Timothy Thatcher
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,278

Re: NXT TakeOver: XXX Discussion 

Post#2 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:40 pm

Won’t be shocked if Dream is off the card by Saturday
Do it for Chuck
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#3 » by JohnPferdelack » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:14 am

Good ppv!
But the finish of the main event wasn't nothing special.

btw.: Pat McAfee as a heel is way more better than King Corbin.
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#4 » by The_Brecht » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:38 am

The main event was too long, but this was an excellent takeover!
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#5 » by Spens1 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:55 am

what on earth, why would you take the title off of him already. he just won at mania and you had him relinquish the NA title for no good reason, and to put over who, Killer Kross who, whilst a nice guy for sure, is nothing special at all (he's a decent hand vs Lee who could very easily be a main eventer on the main card and a multiple time world champion, even at 35, he's a complete package of great wrestling and great charisma + mic work). Cross is fairly mediocre in the ring, especially for a guy who is going to be asked to wrestle 30 minute + matches, has okish charisma etc. This screams of having a title change for the sake of it to drum up interest.

NXT's booking has fallen off a cliff. I mean i'm glad for Priest I guess, though it feels like Ciampa and Gargano are both kind of spinning their wheels (i know Ciampa wasn't even on the card). Good match though that ladder match was.

Womans title match was solid and Shirai vs Ripley should be good (i think).

Cole vs McAfee was way better than it had any right to be, great debut by MacAfee but I hope its the last of that honestly.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#6 » by improper » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:00 am

Spens1 wrote:Cole vs McAfee was way better than it had any right to be, great debut by MacAfee but I hope its the last of that honestly.

I'm of the opposite opinion. McAfee looks like he has star potential. He's a natural in the ring and he can cut a promo.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#7 » by Spens1 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:07 am

improper wrote:
Spens1 wrote:Cole vs McAfee was way better than it had any right to be, great debut by MacAfee but I hope its the last of that honestly.

I'm of the opposite opinion. McAfee looks like he has star potential. He's a natural in the ring and he can cut a promo.

I'd love to see him again, just not in this program, this feud needs to die a swift death.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#8 » by Scott Hall » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:00 am

Just got around to watching NXT TakeOver.... wow Pat McAfee!!!

I would have never imagined that coming out of this weekend the 2 guys that would have interested me the most
was Pat McAfee and Dominik Mysterio!!

Something about green guys dumbing it down and not being spot monkeys and natural sellers although both guys
did some cool moves. Also says something about guys not even in the business yet being more entertaining then the
same old faces and Indy guys floating around. Maybe they should invest more into guys from the ground up that
show potential then some Indy darling that looks like crap has mediocre mic skills but "loves wrestling"

Better showing from Karrion Kross but I still feel like Scarlett is the star of the show between those 2...

I used to be so high on Velveteen Dream but now he just creeps me out. He's like the real life version of what
the original Goldust was supposed to be lol.

I'm also completely bored of Johhny Gargano and Candice LaRae maybe bump them up to the main roster
just to freshen them up during the upcoming draft.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#9 » by Ruzious » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:50 pm

Scott Hall wrote:Just got around to watching NXT TakeOver.... wow Pat McAfee!!!

I would have never imagined that coming out of this weekend the 2 guys that would have interested me the most
was Pat McAfee and Dominik Mysterio!!

Something about green guys dumbing it down and not being spot monkeys and natural sellers although both guys
did some cool moves. Also says something about guys not even in the business yet being more entertaining then the
same old faces and Indy guys floating around. Maybe they should invest more into guys from the ground up that
show potential then some Indy darling that looks like crap has mediocre mic skills but "loves wrestling"

Better showing from Karrion Kross but I still feel like Scarlett is the star of the show between those 2...

I used to be so high on Velveteen Dream but now he just creeps me out. He's like the real life version of what
the original Goldust was supposed to be lol.

I'm also completely bored of Johhny Gargano and Candice LaRae maybe bump them up to the main roster
just to freshen them up during the upcoming draft.

I'm a big Kross fan, but they've pushed him up way too fast, imo.

I'm also very uncomfortable with them pushing Dream. I wouldn't use him unless he's fully cleared, and it sounds like they haven't done a real investigation.

I still enjoy Gargano, but I see what you mean - they need to freshen up his character.

Maybe McAfee was too good in the ring. I'd really like to know what kind of training he's had. It makes everyone else look bad when someone comes virtually off the streets (a retired punter no less) and takes a top star to the limit.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#10 » by JohnPferdelack » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:57 pm

The_Brecht wrote:The main event was too long, but this was an excellent takeover!

And the finish of the ME was in my eyes very weak, not a takeover ppv worth...

Return to Pro Wrestling