WWE Royal Rumble Discussion

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,177

Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion 

Post#21 » by heatwillbeback » Mon Feb 1, 2021 3:52 am

Great decision to have Edge win it.

Minor gripe, but give me a few minutes of Orton and edge at the end there. Have edge roll out after the RKO and have edge take some more punishment before the finish.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,760

Post#22 » by spykelee » Mon Feb 1, 2021 3:53 am

This yoko special on the network after the rumble is gonna be lit AF too

Sent from my SM-N975W using RealGM mobile app
zappafrank
Junior
And1: 158

Post#23 » by zappafrank » Mon Feb 1, 2021 3:53 am

wow did they botch that ending w/owens vs. reigns. ! how long was reigns sitting on his butt not getting counted?
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#24 » by tugs » Mon Feb 1, 2021 4:34 am

Got emotional for Edge. That was a great win

Now here's to hoping this won't be billed as Spear vs Spear with him and Goldberg
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#25 » by WRau1 » Mon Feb 1, 2021 6:24 am

That Yokozuna documentary was fantastic. So sad. It's easy to forget that Yoko could've been a legit G.O.A.T if he got his weight under control. 26yr old world champ in that era and a 280 day reign, that's crazy.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,760

Post#26 » by spykelee » Mon Feb 1, 2021 12:58 pm

Solid card all around. Loved seeing Bianca win the female rumble, and edge on the mens side. Pretty much every match delivered outside of drew and Goldberg which was a predictable throw away. No complaints the rest of the way through. Telling who the company sees for the future looking at the final people left in both rumble matches. Should see good years ahead for Bianca, Riddle and Ripley

Sent from my SM-N975W using RealGM mobile app
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#27 » by The_Brecht » Mon Feb 1, 2021 2:04 pm

I wanted Bryan to win, but I can see the sentimental moment for Edge.
I was in fear they were going to let Strowman or Rollins win and for a second they had me in total panic when Orton returned.
I forgot about it even though I said he would return later in the match after his exit.

Loved the ending of the female rumble. Passing of the torch like moment without Charlotte looking done. Strong booking.

The Heyman struggle when he had to uncuff Reigns was hilarious. I had tears in my eyes from laughing.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
nick p
Freshman
And1: 50

Post#28 » by nick p » Mon Feb 1, 2021 2:52 pm

What a performance from Edge
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,291

Post#29 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Feb 1, 2021 3:15 pm

Really bad idea to do a dusty finish for that last man standing. Great match ruined by a botched convoluted finish. Referee’s count got to 5 and a full 49 seconds lapsed before Reigns was freed from the handcuffs.
Do it for Chuck
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#30 » by WRau1 » Mon Feb 1, 2021 3:56 pm

Agree on the Reigns v KO finish. KO should've just not locked the cuffs and let Reigns hold them since it looked like KO was struggling as well. I still really enjoyed the match, though.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
The_Brecht
Starter

Post#31 » by The_Brecht » Mon Feb 1, 2021 4:28 pm

Reigns running over KO should've been the finish.
What a fantastic bump that was. Great production also, because it came 'out of nowhere"

- Dust means thirsty.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#32 » by Scott Hall » Tue Feb 2, 2021 5:27 am

Just finished the Rumble...

Great show best one from WWE in a long time...

- 2 or 3 years in a row now I've felt the Womens Rumble out shined the Mens Rumble. Also the Mens Rumble for the last
2 or 3 years has showcased how bad the mens division is and the lack of true stars. A lot of it has been Vinces crappy
booking killing guys off but there just isn't that many male stars in this era and you can throw AEW into that mix.

- I marked out for Victoria and Carlito legit surprises. I know Carlito was rumored to come back at Legends night but
when that fell through I gave up on him ever coming back. And what kind of HGH is in those apples? give that man
a full time contract now.

- Goldberg vs. Drew was fine for what it was but man is Goldberg really starting to look old and a little bit elderly.

- Sasha vs. Carmella was really solid

- The Bad Bunny musical performance was legit awful

- I was hoping Bianca Belair would win I picked her to win and was happy they made the right call. Rhea Ripley would've
been a good choice but I prefer a main roster talent win it

- I didn't even notice Seth Rollins has been gone for 2 months and didn't even recognize his awful theme music when it
played

- Edge wins the Rumble? and at number 1? are you kidding me? did this company not learn anything from last year
when they had Drew win it and actually made a star for the first time in years. Yeah lets push a guy in his late 40's
who's already in the HOF and is one of the most injury prone guys around. He's the last guy that needs a push and
the last guy who needed to win the Rumble. How do you give it to a part timer when the Mens division is in the crapper?

- Kevin Owens was my MVP of the night that was one of the best last man standing matches I've ever seen to bad
the botched finish kind of spoils a great match. The ref just stops counting at 7 because Heyman couldn't uncuff him
in time you just got lol
tugs
RealGM

Post#33 » by tugs » Tue Feb 2, 2021 10:16 am

Edge probably is the only part timer I'm okay with winning it all. Still good on the mic and can be psychological with his approach with his matches

And am I the only one thinking Charlotte no sold some bumps?
The_Brecht
Starter

Post#34 » by The_Brecht » Tue Feb 2, 2021 4:36 pm

tugs wrote:And am I the only one thinking Charlotte no sold some bumps?

There's growing criticism on Charlotte no selling strong moves by her opponents, so you're not alone.

- Dust means thirsty.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#35 » by Ruzious » Tue Feb 2, 2021 8:21 pm

The_Brecht wrote:

There's growing criticism on Charlotte no selling strong moves by her opponents, so you're not alone.

I've noticed it too, lately, but there's a fine line with a bigger rassler like her - because she's somewhat of a powerhouse and that's part of her ring persona. It should take more to hurt her than it does someone like Ruby Riot - who I very much admire, btw.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
tugs
RealGM

Post#36 » by tugs » Tue Feb 2, 2021 11:35 pm

Ruzious wrote:
The_Brecht wrote:

I've noticed it too, lately, but there's a fine line with a bigger rassler like her - because she's somewhat of a powerhouse and that's part of her ring persona. It should take more to hurt her than it does someone like Ruby Riot - who I very much admire, btw.
I'm particularly citing the women's rumble match. Forgot who those were but she completely took the shots and immediately proceeded to do a move

I mean some "Hulk up" or brush it off by smirking, you know, just acknowledge the offense inflicted on you. Ffs it's her second match after defending the tag titles at least appear to be gassed. She's losing the storytelling component of her ring work

Return to Pro Wrestling