WWE SummerSlam Discussion

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

SunsLyf3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,564

Re: WWE SummerSlam Discussion 

Post#21 » by SunsLyf3 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:11 am

Some good matches, some duds.

May not have been as impactful as CM Punk debut in AEW but Becky Lynch and Babyface Brock returns redeemed them a bit.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#22 » by tugs » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:47 am

Lol forgot it's today not Sunday!

WWE going all in on Roman I see, though I'm afraid having Brock return is a foreshadowing of Heyman turning on Roman. I don't want Reigns as a face
tugs
RealGM

Post#23 » by tugs » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:49 am

spykelee wrote:That whole thing with Sasha was weird. First off we just don't get the WrestleMania rematch, and then Wtf was the point of Carmella? And Lynch wins in a squash in seconds over belair? Thumbs down
If they did the surprise angle ala Goldberg to Brock it's more believable. But Becky who hasn't seen action for months and looks like who lost a ton of weight going over Bianca who has steamrolled over the SD competition? Should've built this up and have Becky return next SD
tugs
RealGM

Post#24 » by tugs » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:52 am

iMoreland wrote:I am all for babyface Brock !!!
Curious if they'll let him talk or have a mouthpiece with him
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,872

Post#25 » by Dominator83 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:31 am

tugs wrote:Lol forgot it's today not Sunday!

WWE going all in on Roman I see, though I'm afraid having Brock return is a foreshadowing of Heyman turning on Roman. I don't want Reigns as a face

My thoughts exactly. Roman is killing it as a Heel. They need to have Heyman turn on Brock instead
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#26 » by The_Brecht » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:36 am

I want babyface Brock.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,312

Post#27 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:30 pm

A solid, solid PPV. I was watching last night until Boogz appeared on my screen and then I called it a night. Can’t stand the sight of him. It turns out he wasn’t on screen for all that long, but couldn’t take any chances — all his **** is annoying.

Becky returning and then winning like that… seemed like they bungled it. Bianca didn’t need to be beat like some scrub.

Glad they kept Lashley super strong like that. Seems like their feud is continuing, which I’m kind of okay with. There isn’t another premier ME level guy for him to feud with now anyway. Goldberg looked great physically. Better than his last several outings.

Roman over Cena was the obvious decision — especially after Roman’s “if you win I leave WWE” stipulation. Good match, and Brock coming back at the end was dope.
SunsLyf3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,564

Post#28 » by SunsLyf3 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:00 pm

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:A solid, solid PPV. I was watching last night until Boogz appeared on my screen and then I called it a night. Can’t stand the sight of him. It turns out he wasn’t on screen for all that long, but couldn’t take any chances — all his **** is annoying.

Becky returning and then winning like that… seemed like they bungled it. Bianca didn’t need to be beat like some scrub.

Glad they kept Lashley super strong like that. Seems like their feud is continuing, which I’m kind of okay with. There isn’t another premier ME level guy for him to feud with now anyway. Goldberg looked great physically. Better than his last several outings.

Roman over Cena was the obvious decision — especially after Roman’s “if you win I leave WWE” stipulation. Good match, and Brock coming back at the end was dope.

I did expect much less from Goldberg. He did show his age a bit when picking up Lashley but overall he wasn't horrible by any means. This only helps Lashley grow more.

I hope they keep babyface Brock and have him lose to Reigns. Let him win the Rumble and challe ge Lashley at next years Mania.
tugs
RealGM

Post#29 » by tugs » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:56 pm

They'll eventually run out if bosses, no? Ultimate boss should be The Rock at WrestleMania
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,312

Post#30 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:03 am

I wonder how far this title run with Roman will go. He’s a few days shy of a year right now. Does he drop it to Brock and then beat him back before WM vs the Rock? Does he carry it straight through? If so — if it’s not Cena or Brock or the Rock that beats him for it, then who?

I wonder if they have anyone in mind at this point. Either way it’s fine because I don’t think anyone’s complaining.
tugs
RealGM

Post#31 » by tugs » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:21 am

Forgot about people mentioning Trips as another "boss". Bur damn could you image Roman going through all those legends? They should be building someone up in RAW or in SD to challenge Roman. Closest would be Nakamura and Big E from SD and Drew and Bobby from RAW, although the latter 2 wouldn't be a fresh face
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#32 » by Flames24Rulz » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:34 pm

tugs wrote:They'll eventually run out if bosses, no? Ultimate boss should be The Rock at WrestleMania

That's what I'm guessing the play is, and then I can see Rock winning & Big E cashing in at the end. Gives E his moment on the main stage, gets the title off of Roman in a believable manner, and then you can start the E-Roman feud for a few months.

Return to Pro Wrestling