WWE General Discussion III: Bigger! Better! Badder!

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Re: WWE General Discussion III: Bigger! Better! Badder! 

Post#321 » by Dominator83 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:32 am

Butch718 wrote:I want to see it just to hear the nuclear heat from the “Cody Crybabies”. The Rock was right when he reenacted their behavior on Twitter on Pat’s show the other day.

I know I am in the minority, but I don’t care about Cody finishing the damn story.

Me neither. It's wrestlemania 40. The Marquee needs to be Roman vs the Rock. Cody can finish his story at summerslam
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#322 » by Stanford » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:43 am

heatwillbeback wrote:Related to my last post, I am beyond sick of these ridiculous title runs.

Thats funny because by about 2002, everyone was beyond sick of short, flip-flopping title runs.
prolific passer
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#323 » by prolific passer » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:16 pm

Stanford wrote:
heatwillbeback wrote:Related to my last post, I am beyond sick of these ridiculous title runs.

Thats funny because by about 2002, everyone was beyond sick of short, flip-flopping title runs.

Really? Because the ratings before that say otherwise.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#324 » by Stanford » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:17 pm

prolific passer wrote:
Stanford wrote:

Really? Because the ratings before that say otherwise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation
prolific passer
Analyst

Post#325 » by prolific passer » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:22 pm

heatwillbeback wrote:Related to my last post, I am beyond sick of these ridiculous title runs. Other guys need to hold belts. It’s like they are forgetting what made the Attitude Era so successful- there were at least 5 guys who could hold the belt at any time, and it could change any PPV, Raw.

Rollins needs to drop the belt. And obviously Reigns does as well.

I agree with the long title runs. Also how come they haven't split up the tag team titles yet is weird.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,827

Post#326 » by Rich Rane » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:25 pm

prolific passer wrote:
heatwillbeback wrote:Related to my last post, I am beyond sick of these ridiculous title runs. Other guys need to hold belts. It’s like they are forgetting what made the Attitude Era so successful- there were at least 5 guys who could hold the belt at any time, and it could change any PPV, Raw.

I agree with the long title runs. Also how come they haven't split up the tag team titles yet is weird.

When you have solid writing, the payoff is just gonna be much bigger whenever Roman, Seth, and Gunther drop the titles. Tag titles should've been split again around the time KO and Sami took them from Jimmy and Jey though. The division has plenty of teams and it's more difficult to write without the titles.

Dominator83 wrote:
Butch718 wrote:I want to see it just to hear the nuclear heat from the “Cody Crybabies”. The Rock was right when he reenacted their behavior on Twitter on Pat’s show the other day.

I know I am in the minority, but I don’t care about Cody finishing the damn story.

Me neither. It's wrestlemania 40. The Marquee needs to be Roman vs the Rock. Cody can finish his story at summerslam

The result for Rock vs Roman for the title was so utterly predictable, which is why everyone hates it. There's little chance Rock stays post-WrestleMania to defend the title. And if he did stay, what an absolute waste of taking the title from Roman by a part-timer. It should go to a full time wrestler.
prolific passer
Analyst

Post#327 » by prolific passer » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:01 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
prolific passer wrote:

When you have solid writing, the payoff is just gonna be much bigger whenever Roman, Seth, and Gunther drop the titles. Tag titles should've been split again around the time KO and Sami took them from Jimmy and Jey though. The division has plenty of teams and it's more difficult to write without the titles.

Dominator83 wrote:

The result for Rock vs Roman for the title was so utterly predictable, which is why everyone hates it. There's little chance Rock stays post-WrestleMania to defend the title. And if he did stay, what an absolute waste of taking the title from Roman by a part-timer. It should go to a full time wrestler.

Yeah. Smackdowns tag team division is struggling due to the judgement day spending most their time on raw. Sami and Owens should have split the titles up after the ppv after WrestleMania. Defend the titles successfully vs the usos and then have the smackdown tag titles go their own way.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,615

Post#328 » by Butch718 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:53 pm

Predictable? Cody finishing the story is also predictable. :lol:

But I’m in the minority and find him to be bland and uninteresting.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,827

Post#329 » by Rich Rane » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:19 pm

Butch718 wrote:Predictable? Cody finishing the story is also predictable. :lol:

I said the same thing last year and he lost. Writers could make him the new Buffalo Bills/Tommy Dreamer at this point.

And you can't argue Rock taking the title from Roman would be such a huge waste. It's like Rock ending Taker's streak and leaving to do movies again.

At the very least, if Cody wins, his future with the title is unpredictable. He could go anywhere to a long lengthy reign or lose by Priest's cash in. Rock if he somehow wins the title loses it at the latest, Backlash with rare appearances.

All that said, while I would love to see Rock and Roman leaving WrestleMania with the titles, another year with Roman with his championship and another part timer with the other probably isn't what's best long term.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,847

Post#330 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:42 pm

title should have gone to Sammy. That was the best story this company had in over a decade. Doesn't matter that he's not a guy you want as the face of the company. He could have a short run and drop it, but look at Danielson and Kofi. Sometimes giving the people want they want is the right play.

I'm not in love with Cody getting the rub, but there simply isn't another viable option how they've boxed themselves in. But it has to happen, the Bloodline story is stale and full credit to Roman for finally getting himself over as this character, but he's clearly the next hollywood bound guy so send him on his way and start building some new main event stars.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,138

Post#331 » by heatwillbeback » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:02 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:title should have gone to Sammy. That was the best story this company had in over a decade. Doesn't matter that he's not a guy you want as the face of the company. He could have a short run and drop it, but look at Danielson and Kofi. Sometimes giving the people want they want is the right play.

I'm not in love with Cody getting the rub, but there simply isn't another viable option how they've boxed themselves in. But it has to happen, the Bloodline story is stale and full credit to Roman for finally getting himself over as this character, but he's clearly the next hollywood bound guy so send him on his way and start building some new main event stars.

I feel both Sammy and LA Knight have been hurt badly by those losses when they were at their peak.

I would be good with Sammy taking it off Drew if Drew wins it (and if he is the one facing Rollins, which I think he will be). WWE may want to wait for Punk, but I just want some damn title changes. I thought with Rollins getting the belt it would be a way to get deserving guys title runs, but that title has been held as well (although Rollins at least defended it regularly).
prolific passer
Analyst

Post#332 » by prolific passer » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:44 pm

Don't know what the WWE is planning for the world title with Seth probably taking some time off after WrestleMania and cm punk being out. Maybe they are hoping Drew can be that troll type of heel that the fans end up cheering for like 01 Austin and 03 Rock. Wouldn't mind seeing Sami win it though either.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#333 » by iMoreland » Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:55 am

heatwillbeback wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:title should have gone to Sammy. That was the best story this company had in over a decade. Doesn't matter that he's not a guy you want as the face of the company. He could have a short run and drop it, but look at Danielson and Kofi. Sometimes giving the people want they want is the right play.

I feel both Sammy and LA Knight have been hurt badly by those losses when they were at their peak.

I would be good with Sammy taking it off Drew if Drew wins it (and if he is the one facing Rollins, which I think he will be). WWE may want to wait for Punk, but I just want some damn title changes. I thought with Rollins getting the belt it would be a way to get deserving guys title runs, but that title has been held as well (although Rollins at least defended it regularly).

I agree I want some title changes. I don't think Roman should lose his at WM, but almost every other champion should.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#334 » by iMoreland » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:43 pm

Future world champion
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Return to Pro Wrestling