WWE General Discussion III: Bigger! Better! Badder!

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Re: WWE General Discussion III: Bigger! Better! Badder! 

Post#261 » by Stanford » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:00 pm

Unbelievable.

I don't think he ever really got to that place everyone thought he was at, and I got less excited about the character over time. But he gets infinite credit for doing something (over and over) that is sorely lacking in professional wrestling: he tried **** and put everything into it. I couldn't name a wrestler who has put more thought into their presentation than Bray. If everyone approached their character as fearlessly as he did, wrestling would be unstoppable.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#262 » by whysoserious » Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:47 pm

So I've been watching Raw from about 96 on (i'm up to the beginning of 97). In re-watching this era, WWF was getting their butts kicked from May on once Scott Hall/Kevin Nash jumped ship but if you watch the quality and progression in to the attitude era, it's actually a pretty phenomenal to watch. It's not perfect and maybe hindsight knowing what guys turn out to be is what makes it better on a rewatch but still, the character development from Good Guy Shawn to eventual DX, Brett's return and turn to the Canadian Hero/Villain every where else, SCSA playing the bad guy but slowly starting to get cheers, Sid had some great moments, the beginning of the Nation of Domination, and countless others.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#263 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Sep 2, 2023 10:50 pm

That first time they give Punk a live mic back in wwe is gonna hit like crack.
Do it for Chuck
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,731

Post#264 » by gambitx777 » Sun Sep 3, 2023 12:00 am

Bringing back CM PUNK for one more edge / Trish run would be huge money! I don't think punk would be an issue in that locker room they have too much stability there.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,841

Post#265 » by The Sebastian Express » Sun Sep 3, 2023 1:05 am

The Becky/Trish match was so good.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#266 » by gambitx777 » Sun Sep 3, 2023 4:31 am

The show was really good ! Pay back was solid and the only thing that made me sad was I wanted shin to get that belt .

Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Post#267 » by Dominator83 » Mon Sep 4, 2023 9:21 pm

gambitx777 wrote:Bringing back CM PUNK for one more edge / Trish run would be huge money! I don't think punk would be an issue in that locker room they have too much stability there.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Both Punk and Vince are some petty dudes and not sure if i can see Punk back in WWE. Unless of course he has some sorta relationship with Ari Emannuel then perhaps after the sale goes thru both sides may be open for business
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#268 » by Pharaoh » Tue Sep 5, 2023 1:01 am

Punk v Jey
Punk Cody
Punk v Seth
Punk v Knight
Punk v Miz
Punk v Roman
Punk v Gunther
Punk v Lashley
Punk v AJ

Lots of options for WWE if they wanted to go there

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#269 » by jakecronus8 » Wed Sep 6, 2023 2:34 am

Pharaoh wrote:Punk v Jey
Punk Cody
Punk v Seth
Punk v Knight
Punk v Miz
Punk v Roman
Punk v Gunther
Punk v Lashley
Punk v AJ

Lots of options for WWE if they wanted to go there

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app

Dom and KO would be huge. Theres too many stories and too much money for it to not happen
Do it for Chuck
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#270 » by gambitx777 » Wed Sep 6, 2023 5:48 pm

Dominator83 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:Bringing back CM PUNK for one more edge / Trish run would be huge money! I don't think punk would be an issue in that locker room they have too much stability there.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Both Punk and Vince are some petty dudes and not sure if i can see Punk back in WWE. Unless of course he has some sorta relationship with Ari Emannuel then perhaps after the sale goes thru both sides may be open for business
Vince brought back warrior, stone cold, and about 1000 other people who screwed him! Vince forgives all the time .

Dominator83
RealGM

Post#271 » by Dominator83 » Wed Sep 6, 2023 7:55 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
Dominator83 wrote:

Vince brought back warrior, stone cold, and about 1000 other people who screwed him! Vince forgives all the time .

Vince also told him to leave when Punk was visiting backstage at RAW a few months back. He's petty.

Now of course maybe Vince was thinking this guys under contract with Tony Kahn and I don't wanna open up a can of worms. But in the WCW era guys were backstage at each other's shows all the time. Hell, I remember Dolph Ziggler being backstage at dynamite and it was no biggie.

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#272 » by iMoreland » Wed Sep 6, 2023 11:35 pm

I'd be very shocked if Punk isn't back in WWE later this year/early next year.

Survivor Series is in Chicago, that'd be my bet on when he's back. 5 on 5 main event with a mystery 5th man...
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#273 » by gambitx777 » Thu Sep 7, 2023 1:06 pm

Dominator83 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:
Dominator83 wrote:

Vince also told him to leave when Punk was visiting backstage at RAW a few months back. He's petty.

Now of course maybe Vince was thinking this guys under contract with Tony Kahn and I don't wanna open up a can of worms. But in the WCW era guys were backstage at each other's shows all the time. Hell, I remember Dolph Ziggler being backstage at dynamite and it was no biggie.
WWE is currently being sued for tampering with MLW and tony has publicly started that he would sue if it came down to WWE talking to their guys. Vince while yes that order came from him. He didn't kick punk out he just politely asked him to not be there due to contract reasons. That's how that happened by all accounts. Also the dudes under contract Vince will forgive anyone if they can make him money, but punk couldn't do that back stage under contract. Now he can.

spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,756

Post#274 » by spykelee » Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:06 am

Punk sucks who cares. He needs to go away. He isn't half as good as he thinks he is
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#275 » by gambitx777 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:03 pm

spykelee wrote:Punk sucks who cares. He needs to go away. He isn't half as good as he thinks he is
Yeah, I think he should fold into commentary somewhere. Honestly he would be great on the desk some where, either for WWE or ufc. They then still have him for special events and media stuff.

Dominator83
RealGM

Post#276 » by Dominator83 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:02 am

Yikes. The new owners laid off 100 people. Coming soon:

The WWE accounting team is ALL ELITE

iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#277 » by iMoreland » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:52 am

Spoiler:
Jade Cargill to WWE?

She should debut in and win the women's royal rumble
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#278 » by gambitx777 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:06 am

iMoreland wrote:
Spoiler:
Jade Cargill to WWE?

She should debut in and win the women's royal rumble
Tag team with Bianca for the titles ? Then split them for a paper view title match

Dominator83
RealGM

Post#279 » by Dominator83 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:39 am

I said back when she was at her AEW peak that she was the most over woman in wrestling and everybody disagreed. Notice how I didn't say best wrestler, I said most over!

Now of course it's Rhea by far. But at that time they had her doing stupid stuff like teaming with Nikki ASH. And everybody in their roster was all 50/50 booking and nobody was getting over. Meanwhile Cargill looked like Goldberg

gambitx777
General Manager

Post#280 » by gambitx777 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:22 pm

Jade can barley wrestle. She's not better than Tiffany, coa jade, Roxanne or Blair. If she skips NXT she needs to be in a Tag team.

Return to Pro Wrestling