WWE General Discussion III: Bigger! Better! Badder!

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

WWE General Discussion III: Bigger! Better! Badder! 

Post#1 » by Stanford » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:07 pm

Welcome back, Starry
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Re: WWE General Discussion III: Bigger! Better! Badder! 

Post#2 » by Dominator83 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:14 am

We know WWE has too big a ego to say it by name , but I would have my commentators be like, "Holy ****. What's the founder of AEW doing here?!"
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#3 » by iMoreland » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:27 pm

So if/when Cody goes to WWE, he's gonna be a consistent main event guy right? I'm assuming they're offering him a ton of money, a lot more than any regular free agent. They wouldn't pay him a ton to be Stardust again. I doubt they ever mention Stardust existed.

These are the types of shake ups/twists and turns that made the WCW/WWF rivalry so good. Moxley leaving WWE and going to AEW was the 1st big one, Cody feels like the 2nd.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,731

Post#4 » by gambitx777 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:26 pm

Dominater wrote:We know WWE has too big a ego to say it by name , but I would have my commentators be like, "Holy ****. What's the founder of AEW doing here?!"
Pat would lol ge don't give a single **** lol.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,136

Post#5 » by heatwillbeback » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:48 pm

iMoreland wrote:So if/when Cody goes to WWE, he's gonna be a consistent main event guy right? I'm assuming they're offering him a ton of money, a lot more than any regular free agent. They wouldn't pay him a ton to be Stardust again. I doubt they ever mention Stardust existed.

These are the types of shake ups/twists and turns that made the WCW/WWF rivalry so good. Moxley leaving WWE and going to AEW was the 1st big one, Cody feels like the 2nd.

I would hope so. Ignore Stardust and ignore AEW Cody.

Cody’s run in Japan as a heel was legendary. I want the platinum blonde over the top heel again. Of course he can’t be bullet club in WWE, but model the persona after that period.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#6 » by gambitx777 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:04 am

heatwillbeback wrote:
iMoreland wrote:So if/when Cody goes to WWE, he's gonna be a consistent main event guy right? I'm assuming they're offering him a ton of money, a lot more than any regular free agent. They wouldn't pay him a ton to be Stardust again. I doubt they ever mention Stardust existed.

I would hope so. Ignore Stardust and ignore AEW Cody.

Cody’s run in Japan as a heel was legendary. I want the platinum blonde over the top heel again. Of course he can’t be bullet club in WWE, but model the persona after that period.
Why can't he lol he's got AJ and Fin. Who knows how long gallows and Anderson will stay in impact once they drop those tittles to GOD. The club rides again .

gambitx777
General Manager

Post#7 » by gambitx777 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:16 am

Any one on earth that thinks Vince is gonna teach Cody a lesson is a full blown moron. Weather they book him bad or not, or if Cody comes up with his own stuff and it's bad aside. Vince isn't gonna pay a guy what codys about to make to job him out and Vince has brought many stars back and treated them like gold. Jeff Hardy, Christian, Drew, Luke gallows several times, Steve and Brock both quit on him and came back and we're huge stars. Warrior for **** sakes. Let's be real guys.

The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#8 » by The_Brecht » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:14 am

Rumour has it Cody will have a clause in his contract he can leave at any moment if he's not happy with creative and booking.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#9 » by gambitx777 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:13 am

There might be an opt out somewhere in the deal.

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#10 » by Ruzious » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:24 pm

What if this thing with Cody leaving AEW is a work, but... WWE doesn't know it, and Cody screws WWE as a double agent?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,136

Post#11 » by heatwillbeback » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:05 pm

Elimination Chamber Spoilers Ahead:

Spoiler:
With all of the possible/rumored surprises for the event, it was boring and underwhelming. When Lashley got "hurt", I thought they were gonna run with Cody, but nope, it was just to protect Lashley from having to take a pin.

I don't like title vs title at Wrestlemania. It takes away a second premier title match from the card. And these two honestly don't need it. Tribal Chief persona Reigns has been terrific and has earned the top spot at the company, but this is still too much.

As for the other matches- Goldberg/Reigns was lol, who expected otherwise. Belair was the obvious winner of the women's event. Glad they got that right, but it was boring. Lita and Becks was a good match, but with the winner obvious, it was hard to get completely into.

Just a boring event with obvious winners and no surprises.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#12 » by gambitx777 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:22 am

Ruzious wrote:What if this thing with Cody leaving AEW is a work, but... WWE doesn't know it, and Cody screws WWE as a double agent?
No one's silly enough to try that these days. Too many way to get cought and sued into the dirt or tossed in prison.

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by Ruzious » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:57 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:What if this thing with Cody leaving AEW is a work, but... WWE doesn't know it, and Cody screws WWE as a double agent?
No one's silly enough to try that these days. Too many way to get cought and sued into the dirt or tossed in prison.

Lol, nobody's going to jail over this, and I doubt there's be any sueing, because there'd have to be damage proven - though I'm not a lawyer.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#14 » by gambitx777 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:40 pm

Ruzious wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:

Lol, nobody's going to jail over this, and I doubt there's be any sueing, because there'd have to be damage proven - though I'm not a lawyer.
WWE is a publicly traded company.there are law against corporate espionage. So, yes if Cody went in as a double agent to damage the company there could infact be jail time if he's cought.

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Ruzious » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:32 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:No one's silly enough to try that these days. Too many way to get cought and sued into the dirt or tossed in prison.

WWE is a publicly traded company.there are law against corporate espionage. So, yes if Cody went in as a double agent to damage the company there could infact be jail time if he's cought.

I think we're thinking of completely different things. There's a huge difference between corporate espionage and what I'm talking about - basically a wrestling angle.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#16 » by gambitx777 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:16 am

Ruzious wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Lol, nobody's going to jail over this, and I doubt there's be any sueing, because there'd have to be damage proven - though I'm not a lawyer.

I think we're thinking of completely different things. There's a huge difference between corporate espionage and what I'm talking about - basically a wrestling angle.
The premise of the post as I understood it was Cody "working" Vince as in him joining WWE to screw Vince over in some way. Which could be illiagal .depending. or at least suable

iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#17 » by iMoreland » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:48 pm

The Undertaker HOF video package they've been airing is so good, WWE's best trait is their video packages
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#18 » by gambitx777 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:03 pm

iMoreland wrote:The Undertaker HOF video package they've been airing is so good, WWE's best trait is their video packages
Agreed can wait to see the speach .

Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#19 » by Lord Eder » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:13 am

iMoreland wrote:The Undertaker HOF video package they've been airing is so good, WWE's best trait is their video packages

I know this doesn’t really apply to the Taker video package but I’m convinced this is why they use all the quick cuts and shaky action cameras. It’s god awful for the live broadcasts but it works really well for the video/promo packages IMO.

btw I’m still mind blown that madcap doesn’t have a broken neck TF is that guy made of lol
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#20 » by gambitx777 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:44 am

Lord Eder wrote:

I know this doesn’t really apply to the Taker video package but I’m convinced this is why they use all the quick cuts and shaky action cameras. It’s god awful for the live broadcasts but it works really well for the video/promo packages IMO.

btw I’m still mind blown that madcap doesn’t have a broken neck TF is that guy made of lol
Dudes got a thick ass neck all that work on his body probably saved him legit

Return to Pro Wrestling