AEW Double or Nothing Discussion

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,570

Re: AEW Double or Nothing Discussion 

Post#21 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Jun 4, 2022 7:11 pm

I really enjoyed the main event. I thought Hangman heel mannerisms throughout the match worked well with the ending and they both sold knee injuries well. I was worried for a second Punk tore his ACL or something on that botched punkshot, and I like the attention to detail touch of Page buckling a bit on his failed one before the ending.

I loved the first half of Anarchy in the arena with Wild Thing playing but after the sound stop I increasingly wanted them to get to the end of it.

The young guys vs old guys Hardys Young Bucks thing worked pretty well, and triple threat tag team title match was also good. I think Lee works pretty well as a tag guy and probably where his WWE career was going if he had been able to continue. Him and Swerve Scott seem like they have good chemistry both as wrestlers and in character work, I would have made them the champs.

Women's matches were pretty solid and different from each other. Deeb and Rosa was more technical, Baker match was more physical. I'm impressed by Anna Jay, she seems pretty mobile, when added to being one of their hottest she has potential for them.

Disappointing match of the night Cole vs Joe. While AEW should have more matches where someone goes down after one finisher, in Owen Hart tournament finale and with it feeling like all they'd done is the slower first half of the match, it felt too abrupt. KOR's match was better than Cole's but felt like it wasn't built that well.

Return to Pro Wrestling