All Elite Wrestling Discussion II

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion II 

Post#321 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:33 pm

Joe smashing douche looking Hook on the side of the table was good stuff

Jeff still looked good in his singles match with Darby... just bury Matt pls for a few years until E&C are back together
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#322 » by The_Brecht » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:29 am

Hook is legit.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#323 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:12 am

Buddy vs Garcia was good.

Revolution kind of feels like their "2nd major" PPV with the All In/All Out in non London years as 1st
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#324 » by iMoreland » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:56 pm

Adam Cole's group has got to be the lamest main event level stable I've ever seen
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,042

Post#325 » by daoneandonly » Fri Feb 2, 2024 2:02 pm

iMoreland wrote:Adam Cole's group has got to be the lamest main event level stable I've ever seen

Yea Roddy, Taban, and Maria's husband sucks. They could have definitley used better guys
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#326 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Feb 3, 2024 6:56 pm

Swerve's finisher needing the guy to coincidentally be sitting up in pls stomp me position is annoying like Alberto Del Rio's rope stomp thing. Can they just make it so Swerve sets him up in sitting position at least.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#327 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Feb 3, 2024 7:06 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
iMoreland wrote:Adam Cole's group has got to be the lamest main event level stable I've ever seen

Yea Roddy, Taban, and Maria's husband sucks. They could have definitley used better guys

Idk if she's injured, but Baker joining and quickly winning AEW title would give them a boost at least along with shake up stale women's title picture.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#328 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Feb 4, 2024 9:48 pm

After that match push Hechicero as a top guy idc
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Post#329 » by Dominator83 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:28 am

Well the Bo$$ton sign in the big business graphic answers that big announcement
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#330 » by daoneandonly » Thu Feb 8, 2024 1:47 pm

Great episode of Dynamite. The soon to eb double turn of Swerve and Hangman is a smart move. I like the subtle tell with Hangman sporting the Young Bucks mustache that he may be turning and joining them. Swerve si just straight up over.

and yes, Hechicero is a star in the making
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#331 » by Lord Eder » Thu Feb 8, 2024 4:16 pm

I dunno if the double turn is soon to be. I’m pretty sure that WAS the double turn. The crowd wants Swerve, they want Nana dancing. Hangman clocking Nana with the chair to stop him from dancing was the beginning. Then his response after the match denying the people from 5 more minutes of what they wanted? They’ve turned. And they executed it well.

What a show, beginning to end.
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#332 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:18 am

Now that Page is turning heel I think it'd be more interesting if he won the triple threat tbh, babyface Swerve is just another version of he's our scumbag.

As a forever babyface Page is one of the rarest opportunities they have for a heel turn that people actually care about (and in a body that makes more sense than what would be the most unexpected turn in Orange), especially in AEW which can't resist turning guys like Bucks, BCC, Guevera back and forth constantly and is full of former WWE guys that people have seen be heel before. While that ending was a good start, I wouldn't be surprised to see AEW fumble it like making him eat the pin and then go away instead of really going all in on it. eg. I think if they made him the devil and then quickly won the title a few weeks later after cashing in his Joe deal it would have been a Reigns like going all in on a heel turn.

The main event was good except they could have easily made Bill and Starks keep the title in a way that fits the storyline perfectly by making EVP Bucks restart the match after the beatdown. But Tony couldn't resist his big Sting retirement match being for the title.
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#333 » by Dominator83 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:37 am

Dr Positivity wrote:Now that Page is turning heel I think it'd be more interesting if he won the triple threat tbh, babyface Swerve is just another version of he's our scumbag.

As a forever babyface Page is one of the rarest opportunities they have for a heel turn that people actually care about (and in a body that makes more sense than what would be the most unexpected turn in Orange), especially in AEW which can't resist turning guys like Bucks, BCC, Guevera back and forth constantly and is full of former WWE guys that people have seen be heel before. While that ending was a good start, I wouldn't be surprised to see AEW fumble it like making him eat the pin and then go away instead of really going all in on it. eg. I think if they made him the devil and then quickly won the title a few weeks later after cashing in his Joe deal it would have been a Reigns like going all in on a heel turn.

The main event was good except they could have easily made Bill and Starks keep the title in a way that fits the storyline perfectly by making EVP Bucks restart the match after the beatdown. But Tony couldn't resist his big Sting retirement match being for the title.

Best double turn since Austin/Hitman

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,138

Post#334 » by heatwillbeback » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:51 am

Khan has no originality whatsoever. This time limit expiring this has been overplayed so much. Usually to start the show also.

Like FTR/Blackpool Combat Club match was good. Really good. But you cant keep going back to the well on this "finish".
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#335 » by daoneandonly » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:27 am

heatwillbeback wrote:Khan has no originality whatsoever. This time limit expiring this has been overplayed so much. Usually to start the show also.

Like FTR/Blackpool Combat Club match was good. Really good. But you cant keep going back to the well on this "finish".

I don't mind it so much, definitely prefer it to the tired ref bump and/or outside interference. In a small way it adds a little more realism to it, like ok these # of matches in ur 2 hour window. Also, ties happen. I agree it can be overdone, especially where with Khan where the finisher is hit and then it expires. They should stop doing that for a while
heatwillbeback
RealGM

Post#336 » by heatwillbeback » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:12 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
heatwillbeback wrote:Khan has no originality whatsoever. This time limit expiring this has been overplayed so much. Usually to start the show also.

I don't mind it so much, definitely prefer it to the tired ref bump and/or outside interference. In a small way it adds a little more realism to it, like ok these # of matches in ur 2 hour window. Also, ties happen. I agree it can be overdone, especially where with Khan where the finisher is hit and then it expires. They should stop doing that for a while

The first couple of times I was ok with it- a different way to advance a feud to a PPV match.

It’s just been so overdone with them. They did it only like two weeks ago. To the point where it’s very predictable and annoying in my opinion.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#337 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:52 am

Samoa Joe and Hook are must watch any time they do something together. They should make them a tag team or something after Joe loses the title. The world title triple threat kind of feels like a midcard belt feud though meanwhile Christian's feels like more than a midcard.

Garcia and Wardlow both gave good promos. Wardlow should go to WWE. AEW doesn't know to consistently use big men like him and Miro cause the whole show is built around 20 minute matches trying to get high Meltzer star ratings.

Deonna is cute and she's done well storyline wise with Toni, but I don't really like watching her wrestle.

Not sure Khan can resist the urge for Ric Flair's turn to be a fake out and to end Revolution with him celebrating with Sting.

I was assuming they would make Swerve win but now I think Joe might win. It was always some kind of transitional-y reign but what it might be is Moxley's during the CM Punk injury. MJF needs a few months off so Tony puts the belt on Joe who can do this triple threat and feud Wardlow. Then when MJF comes back he wins the title from him. Then they can make Swerve champion but in a 1 on 1 match over MJF like Tony probably had long term booked instead of some weaker triple threat match win. Unless he had Cole winning the title over MJF planned for so long that the recent Swerve momentum doesn't turn into a title run.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#338 » by daoneandonly » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:08 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:Samoa Joe and Hook are must watch any time they do something together. They should make them a tag team or something after Joe loses the title. The world title triple threat kind of feels like a midcard belt feud though meanwhile Christian's feels like more than a midcard.

Garcia and Wardlow both gave good promos. Wardlow should go to WWE. AEW doesn't know to consistently use big men like him and Miro cause the whole show is built around 20 minute matches trying to get high Meltzer star ratings.

Deonna is cute and she's done well storyline wise with Toni, but I don't really like watching her wrestle.

Not sure Khan can resist the urge for Ric Flair's turn to be a fake out and to end Revolution with him celebrating with Sting.

I was assuming they would make Swerve win but now I think Joe might win. It was always some kind of transitional-y reign but what it might be is Moxley's during the CM Punk injury. MJF needs a few months off so Tony puts the belt on Joe who can do this triple threat and feud Wardlow. Then when MJF comes back he wins the title from him. Then they can make Swerve champion but in a 1 on 1 match over MJF like Tony probably had long term booked instead of some weaker triple threat match win. Unless he had Cole winning the title over MJF planned for so long that the recent Swerve momentum doesn't turn into a title run.

It would be a complete miss if they dont let Swerve have a moment and win the title, he's earned it. Doesn't have to be here, but in 2024 for sure. I could see Page winning again as a heel in some fashion, and then have Swerve's moment being beating Page for the title. The chase mode will surely ignite a babyface run as well similar to the way Page dethroned Omega.
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#339 » by Dominator83 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:45 am

heatwillbeback wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

The first couple of times I was ok with it- a different way to advance a feud to a PPV match.

It’s just been so overdone with them. They did it only like two weeks ago. To the point where it’s very predictable and annoying in my opinion.

1st we had the Dusty finish, now we have the Tony finish!

Back in the golden years of Nitro, we had the Bischoff finish. It seemed like every week, every Nitro main event would end with guys interfering.

heatwillbeback
RealGM

Post#340 » by heatwillbeback » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:36 pm

Revolution was a damn good PPV!

Definitely did Sting right.

Return to Pro Wrestling