And1: 2,946

WWE Elimination Chamber Discussion 

Post#1 » by iMoreland » Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:16 pm

Saturday, February 18th, 8PM-ET
Montreal, Quebec

Beth Phoenix & Edge vs Finn Bálor & Rhea Ripley

Bobby Lashley vs Brock Lesnar

United States Championship Elimination Chamber Match
Austin Theory (c) vs Bronson Reed vs Damian Priest vs Johnny Gargano vs Montez Ford vs Seth Rollins

Elimination Chamber Match for a Raw
Women's Championship Match at WrestleMania

Asuka vs Carmella vs Liv Morgan vs Natalya vs Nikki Cross vs Raquel Rodriguez

Undisputed WWE Universal Championship
Roman Reigns (c) vs Sami Zayn
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,851

Re: WWE Elimination Chamber Discussion 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:56 pm

If Sami gets squashed we riot. My guess is we will get a squirrely finish with Usos everywhere. I guess one can hope though.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,731

Post#3 » by gambitx777 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:35 am

Texas Chuck wrote:If Sami gets squashed we riot. My guess is we will get a squirrely finish with Usos everywhere. I guess one can hope though.
I don't think that's the right way to think about it. But I have hope they are gonna swerve and have Sammy leave with those belts in Canada. Then they can do a triple threat ladder something or other at WM.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by iMoreland » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:23 pm

The crowd reaction for Roman/Sami could be better than Cena/RVD @ One Night Stand 2006 or Cena/Punk @ Money in the Bank 2011
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#5 » by gambitx777 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:32 pm

If they **** swerve they might have the loudest crowd pop of all time..... I mean I don't think anyone expects Sammy to win. Not on really thinks it's gonna happen. This is one of those natural crowd moments that only comes along every few years. Sammy is a triple H guy, Vince isn't running the show I wouldn't be shocked if H, Sammy, Roman and Cody were in a room and went here what we are gonna do. But we have to act like Romans going over till the very last second.

Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Post#6 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:55 pm

Montreal Screw Job 2.0?
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by iMoreland » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:22 am

It's time for them to push Montez Ford
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#8 » by Lord Eder » Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:35 am

**** yeah I’m down for Asuka-Bianca lol
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#9 » by Lord Eder » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:18 am

What a roller coaster, that’s gotta be one of the best main events in a long while
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#10 » by gambitx777 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:09 pm

I'm disappointed but I'm not gonna **** on it. It made sense but I was hoping they would swerve and give Sammy his day in the sun cuz really? Where else is he gonna get that title? Meh I enjoyed it.

gambitx777
General Manager

Post#11 » by gambitx777 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:38 am

I heard someone call edge and beth that couple at the bar that walks up to you and goes. " Hey we saw you sitting over here and we really dig your vibe" lol

Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#12 » by Scott Hall » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:34 pm

It didn't make sense for Reigns to lose his historic tittle reign on a "B" PPV 6 weeks before Wrestlemania
going up against NBA All-Star Saturday night.

They were in a "win win" situation whether they went with Sami or Cody. I think they made the right call.
I still need Sami to evolve a bit before he's ready to be the top guy. Mainly the fact that he might have the worst
"look" in the entire company let's be real he looks like complete $hit worse then some jobbers not sure if that's
by design for his character but he looks like a homeless guy who hasn't lifted a weight in 20 years. He also has
zero sense of fashion.

I remember when Zayn first got called up how injury prone he was (remember when he blew out his shoulder
during his entrance vs. Cena when he debuted) so his lack of conditioning has always been a concern and how
durable he is. Even in the past 2 years it doesn't seem like he wrestles that much.

Feels like this conversation is deja vu that we've had in the past with Daniel Bryan and Kofi Kingston. And while
they were red hot with the Wrestling Bubble I don't remember them being draws or moving the needle much.

To me it's Codys time and I like the story better... as for Sami it sucks to lose in your hometown but what if they
build him up for the entire year and he wins at WrestleMania 40 which will be a landmark event and in front of
around 70,000 -80,000 fans that might even be more sweeter then winning in your hometown in front of 18,000
or whatever it was.

This heart breaking loss can be huge for his character development and the time feels right for him and KO
to finally be on the same side after years of feuding like Bret vs. Owen.

Sami will have his day the timing just wasn't right and he still needs some more time in the oven.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#13 » by gambitx777 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:55 pm

Jim cornette said it best. Why have Roman do the job before he's gonna do the job.

Texas Chuck
And1: 88,851

Post#14 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:16 pm

The mistake that was made was simply never letting Roman lose. Now they've turned beating him into something so big, they ruined what should have been Sami winning the title.

And frankly if its too big for Sami after this program, its way too big for Cody Rhodes whose only real accomplishment since his return is blowing out his pec and wrestling hurt, something so many others have done before, only without the impressive visuals I guess.

I hope at this point Roman goes over at Mania. Better than going with cody.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#15 » by gambitx777 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:32 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:The mistake that was made was simply never letting Roman lose. Now they've turned beating him into something so big, they ruined what should have been Sami winning the title.

And frankly if its too big for Sami after this program, its way too big for Cody Rhodes whose only real accomplishment since his return is blowing out his pec and wrestling hurt, something so many others have done before, only without the impressive visuals I guess.

I hope at this point Roman goes over at Mania. Better than going with cody.
I disagree with that. Cody is really good! The fan base adores him way more than the AEW fans did. He's a great promo, he's jacked the the tits. Has been doing amazing work, putting on good matches. He's been him self up as the guy. He sucked, he left, he grew up and now he has unfinished business. I don't think it was the wrong move to not have Sammy win. Sure that moment would be amazing. But, to have Roman do the job then have him do the job again in 6 weeks doesn't make sense. I wanted Sammy to win too but I see what they are doing here. I would love! For them to make this a multi man match and they still can. But I don't think they made a mistake they are sticking to the story and it makes sense.

Return to Pro Wrestling