Does anybody here collect title belts?

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

prolific passer
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Does anybody here collect title belts? 

Post#1 » by prolific passer » Tue May 2, 2023 5:55 pm

Been thinking about getting a few but they aren't cheap. I'm intrigued by the blue winged eagle, 91-94 wcw championship, and nxr north American title.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Re: Does anybody here collect title belts? 

Post#2 » by Pharaoh » Wed May 3, 2023 10:27 pm

prolific passer wrote:Been thinking about getting a few but they aren't cheap. I'm intrigued by the blue winged eagle, 91-94 wcw championship, and nxr north American title.
Winged eagle is the go.

Personally not into collecting any wrestling related stuff as I barely keep up with any of it anymore besides certain "big" events like Cody returning or Sami turning.

As someone who has watched off and on since 1985 I don't invest the time

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,556

Post#3 » by Dominator83 » Thu May 4, 2023 3:46 am

Pharaoh wrote:
prolific passer wrote:Been thinking about getting a few but they aren't cheap. I'm intrigued by the blue winged eagle, 91-94 wcw championship, and nxr north American title.
Winged eagle is the go.

Personally not into collecting any wrestling related stuff as I barely keep up with any of it anymore besides certain "big" events like Cody returning or Sami turning.

It's a damn shame man. But guys like us that were fully invested between like 1996 and 2000 know we will never see that pinnacle again.

As for belts, I liked the WCW heavyweight beit. Old school IC belts are great too
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
prolific passer
Analyst

Post#4 » by prolific passer » Thu May 4, 2023 9:29 pm

Dominator83 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:
Winged eagle is the go.

It's a damn shame man. But guys like us that were fully invested between like 1996 and 2000 know we will never see that pinnacle again.

As for belts, I liked the WCW heavyweight beit. Old school IC belts are great too

Did you buy replicas of them or no though?
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#5 » by Lord Eder » Fri May 5, 2023 5:47 pm

I dunno if this will help you or nah, I don’t collect them because I don’t have that kind of money. But, when I see people with them at live shows, I gotta say, the belts are nice as hell.

I’d grab a winged eagle and WCW HWC if they were like 1/4 of the price lol.
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,556

Post#6 » by Dominator83 » Sat May 6, 2023 12:42 am

prolific passer wrote:
Dominator83 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:Winged eagle is the go.

Did you buy replicas of them or no though?

Way back around 1999 I got a WCW heavyweight belt with a Hogan nameplate. Ordered it from a company called figures Inc (iirc) out of a PWI magazine. Only one I had. A few years later sold it. Regretting it now lol
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
prolific passer
Analyst

Post#7 » by prolific passer » Sat May 6, 2023 1:41 am

Lord Eder wrote:I dunno if this will help you or nah, I don’t collect them because I don’t have that kind of money. But, when I see people with them at live shows, I gotta say, the belts are nice as hell.

I’d grab a winged eagle and WCW HWC if they were like 1/4 of the price lol.

Yeah they are pricey. That's why if you do decide to get them. Get the ones you are most interested in and get them 1 at a time, spread it out, and wait till they are on sale with hopefully free shipping.

Return to Pro Wrestling