Jamie Hayter (c) vs Toni Storm

AEW World Championship
MJF (c) vs Darby Allin vs "Jungle Boy" Jack Perry vs Sammy Guevara
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,137

Re: AEW Double or Nothing Discussion 

Post#2 » by heatwillbeback » Mon May 29, 2023 4:16 am

I feel like AEW PPVs consistently deliver.

Great technical 4 way title match followed by a brutal bloody deathmatch. Both were excellent, though I think the 4 way was a better overall match.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,731

Post#3 » by gambitx777 » Mon May 29, 2023 7:33 am

The show was pretty terrible. Probably the worst PPV of any major company this year maybe even last year. 4 pillar match was ok. The death match was fine for the audience they serve but it was just mediocre. The jade stuff made 0 sense. Cole has fallen so far from his NXT days. Just gooff ball jr league garbage.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#4 » by gambitx777 » Mon May 29, 2023 12:33 pm

The only thing about DON that popped me was the after press scrum lol max is corney but when he sits next to Tony Tony looks so panicked lol. I love it.

Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#5 » by Lord Eder » Mon May 29, 2023 1:52 pm

heatwillbeback wrote:I feel like AEW PPVs consistently deliver.

Great technical 4 way title match followed by a brutal bloody deathmatch. Both were excellent, though I think the 4 way was a better overall match.

4 way was best for me, knew they would deliver in the ring, though I’m biased because I’m not a huge fan of arena brawls like anarchy in the arena. I will say, I enjoyed this one much better than last years. Takeshita legit had me down man lol. Everything hit for me aside from Cole/Jericho and Hayter/Storm. I’ll give a pass to Hayter/Storm because of the injury. Blackjack Battle Royal was a great opener and I hope we get to see Swerve and OC go at it one on one.

Nothing overly wowed me, but just overall solid throughout. Even Jade who is usually a low point in the show for me had a solid segment.

Crowd was dog **** though.
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#6 » by Lord Eder » Mon May 29, 2023 1:56 pm

gambitx777 wrote:The show was pretty terrible. Probably the worst PPV of any major company this year maybe even last year. 4 pillar match was ok. The death match was fine for the audience they serve but it was just mediocre. The jade stuff made 0 sense. Cole has fallen so far from his NXT days. Just gooff ball jr league garbage.

I never saw Cole in NXT, I just got back into this 2 years ago, but was he always like this? He’s one of the oddest people I’ve ever seen in wrestling for me personally. He’s a good talker, and he usually gets me to care about him and his storyline, but for whatever reason, once it gets into the ring with him, it’s always just, flat?
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#7 » by gambitx777 » Tue May 30, 2023 4:31 am

Lord Eder wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:The show was pretty terrible. Probably the worst PPV of any major company this year maybe even last year. 4 pillar match was ok. The death match was fine for the audience they serve but it was just mediocre. The jade stuff made 0 sense. Cole has fallen so far from his NXT days. Just gooff ball jr league garbage.

I never saw Cole in NXT, I just got back into this 2 years ago, but was he always like this? He’s one of the oddest people I’ve ever seen in wrestling for me personally. He’s a good talker, and he usually gets me to care about him and his storyline, but for whatever reason, once it gets into the ring with him, it’s always just, flat?
Well he had a pretty serious concussion issue right after he got to AEW. He was much better in the ring in NXT and it honestly looks like he lost about 20 pounds. He was always small and a bit soft looking but hes never looked this small. He had a group with him the entire run in NXT. It's so odd what happened to him.

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Post#8 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Jun 6, 2023 4:07 am

What's with grandpa Keith Lee
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,042

Post#9 » by daoneandonly » Wed Jun 7, 2023 11:54 am

Cole's the goofball?

Not the 2 fools dancing around and laughing/smiling nonsensically like an idiot carrying world titles in Rollins and Asuka?
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#10 » by gambitx777 » Wed Jun 7, 2023 1:17 pm

daoneandonly wrote:Cole's the goofball?

Not the 2 fools dancing around and laughing/smiling nonsensically like an idiot carrying world titles in Rollins and Asuka?
I mean in general I don't think voles a goofball I think he's just washed. His concussion issue was about as serious as they come. He's clearly lost a step and lost probably 20lb or more. He looks awful and probably shouldn't be wrestling. Cole probably would have been better off staying in WWE. He probably never gets that injury if he was a manager for a while and came back and wrestled again here and there. Cole needs to hang it up.

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Post#11 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:56 pm

I really enjoyed the 4 way match. I think Anarchy coming right after it and being another match with 520 false finishes made me a bit exhausted.

Return to Pro Wrestling