Post#1 » by iMoreland » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:52 pm

WrestleMania Saturday

Cody Rhodes & Seth Rollins vs Roman Reigns & The Rock

Women's World Championship
Rhea Ripley (c) vs Becky Lynch

Intercontinental Championship
Gunther (c) vs Sami Zayn

Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship Ladder Match
The Judgment Day (c) vs A-Town Down Under vs Awesome Truth vs DIY vs New Catch Republic vs The New Day

Jey Uso vs Jimmy Uso

Bianca Belair, Jade Cargill, & Naomi vs Damage CTRL

Andrade & Rey Mysterio vs Dominik Mysterio & Santos Escobar

WrestleMania Sunday

Undisputed WWE Universal Championship
Roman Reigns (c) vs Cody Rhodes

World Heavyweight Championship
Seth Rollins (c) vs Drew McIntyre

Women's WWE Championship
Iyo Sky (c) vs Bayley

United States Championship
Logan Paul (c) vs Kevin Owens vs Randy Orton

AJ Styles vs LA Knight

Philadelphia Street Fight
Bobby Lashley & The Street Profits vs The Final Testament
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,880

Re: WWE WrestleMania XL Discussion 

Post#2 » by Stanford » Sat Apr 6, 2024 11:00 pm

Excited for this one!
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,840

Post#3 » by Rich Rane » Sun Apr 7, 2024 3:20 am

Fun Night 1!
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,563

Post#4 » by Dominator83 » Sun Apr 7, 2024 3:25 am

I'm guessing this will be the equivalent of "Stand tall on the final RAW, fall at the PPV". Thinking Cody goes over tomorrow
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#5 » by iMoreland » Sun Apr 7, 2024 4:31 am

Rock was great
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,880

Post#6 » by Stanford » Sun Apr 7, 2024 12:41 pm

My match scores for night 1 (out of 100):

Ripley vs. Lynch: 73
Tag ladder match: 80
Rey & Andrade vs. Dom & Santos: 79
Uso vs. Uso: 72
6-woman tag match: 77
Sami vs. Gunther: 86
Bloodline vs. Rhodes and Rollins: 88
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,840

Post#7 » by Rich Rane » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:51 am

Was Taker random? Sure. But overall, some really good storytelling.
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#8 » by Dominator83 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 3:11 am

Well I called it

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,138

Post#9 » by heatwillbeback » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:19 am

Rich Rane wrote:Was Taker random? Sure. But overall, some really good storytelling.

I feel like the plan had to be Austin, and he said no. Because story wise, that would have been perfection. Rock and Taker had history, but nothing like Rock/Austin.

Event was really good. My favorite matches

1. Rhodes/Reigns- This match was an excellent in ring match. Got more than enough time, and story elements were of course excellent as well. Interferences made the end a bit sloppy I thought, but what a match.
2. Bloodline/Cody and Seth- Rock was damn good. Highly entertaining match which set up perfect for night 2.
3. Gunther/Sami- Gunther is great at inflicting offense, and Sami is great at taking offense. Sami is one of the best sellers in the business. I wish this got a bit more story going in, but these two are perfect foils for one another.
4. Rhea/Becky- Feel like it suffered a bit being the opener. I honestly think matches when its still light outside just look and feel less important. But it was excellent and Rhea is just phenomenal.
5. Tag Team Ladder Match- was very fun. Feel good end as well. Great spots, and I'm glad the titles are finally broken up.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#10 » by iMoreland » Mon Apr 8, 2024 6:19 am

Really good Mania

Becky/Rhea: Was good but had nothing really memorable from it. Right person won.

Tag Title Ladder Match: R-Truth getting a win at Mania is so deserved. He's provided so many hilarious moments over the years. Waller/Theory winning is whatever. Both winning teams will both be transition champions.

Legado/LWO: I understand it's Philly, but it makes no sense why football players got involved in this. This was a faction rivalry, it had no need for that.

Usos: Bad match, never got going. Way too many super kicks.

6 Woman Tag: Accomplished getting Bianca and Jade on the card. Nobody else in the match felt important. Put the tag titles on Bianca and Jade.

Gunther/Sami: Great match. Did not expect Sami to win.

Tag Main Event: Exactly what it should've been. Rock was great. Put all the odds on Cody/Seth going into night 2.

Drew/Seth: Finisher spam match. Drew winning in front of fans was cool. Love the reason Seth lost is because of his obsession with the Bloodline. And then Drew losing because of his obsession with Punk. Priest got a big moment but he still doesn't feel like a world champion. He'll be a transition champion.

6 Man Street Fight: Just wasn't good, wasn't needed on the card at all.

Knight/Styles: This was good. Knight got a much needed win.

US Title Triple Threat: This was good as well. Logan is such a natural at this.

Bayley/Iyo: Just so forgettable. The most average and predictable title match ever.

Cody/Roman: A spectacle. Chaotic overbooked brilliance.
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#11 » by Dominator83 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 5:15 pm

heatwillbeback wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:Was Taker random? Sure. But overall, some really good storytelling.

I feel like the plan had to be Austin, and he said no. Because story wise, that would have been perfection. Rock and Taker had history, but nothing like Rock/Austin.

Event was really good. My favorite matches

1. Rhodes/Reigns- This match was an excellent in ring match. Got more than enough time, and story elements were of course excellent as well. Interferences made the end a bit sloppy I thought, but what a match.
2. Bloodline/Cody and Seth- Rock was damn good. Highly entertaining match which set up perfect for night 2.
3. Gunther/Sami- Gunther is great at inflicting offense, and Sami is great at taking offense. Sami is one of the best sellers in the business. I wish this got a bit more story going in, but these two are perfect foils for one another.
4. Rhea/Becky- Feel like it suffered a bit being the opener. I honestly think matches when its still light outside just look and feel less important. But it was excellent and Rhea is just phenomenal.
5. Tag Team Ladder Match- was very fun. Feel good end as well. Great spots, and I'm glad the titles are finally broken up.

The belt split ladder match is what they could have done to book themselves out of Roman having both and not wanting him to take a pinfall. Just have him keep the universal since that's what the streak was with. That would have been much better than just creating a new belt out of thin air like they did.

Stannis
RealGM
And1: 10,025

Post#12 » by Stannis » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:35 pm

Lot of people thought it was random, including me. I haven't watched wrestling in years. but somebody on Reddit made a good point.

Wrestlemania is kind of the Undertaker's territory where he is playing umpire.

So maybe, he will be the future guardian of Wrestlemania. Making sure everybody is following the rules and not screwing people over.

Also, the Rock was being called "the Final Boss". So it kind of makes sense the Undertaker would take that personally. Undertaker is the final boss, at least for Wrestlemania.

It actually makes more sense than Steve Austin, imho.
Free Palestine

Return to Pro Wrestling