Who do you want #7, assuming the following players are GONE:

Alexandre Sarr
Nikola Topic
Zaccharie Risacher
Stephon Castle
Rob Dillingham
Reed Sheppard

Interested in your WHY?

My bad, I forgot to add an option to trade for 1st next year. The poll is set to change your vote if that matters.
Sometimes they live by the jumper, and some times they die by the jumper.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,974

Re: POLL: Your Realistic Pick at #7 

Post#2 » by cdubbz » Mon May 13, 2024 9:48 pm

I voted Clingan, but hard to see Clingan drop to 7. Could see multiple teams go for him in the top 6.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
tester551
Assistant Coach
And1: 862

Post#3 » by tester551 » Mon May 13, 2024 9:54 pm

Buzelis -> He has the most valuable skill set and highest floor. IMO, he also has the highest ceiling if he can improve his shooting.

Holland is a solid second here.

I wouldn't touch Knecht or Clingan in the top 12.
Butter
General Manager
And1: 136

Post#4 » by Butter » Mon May 13, 2024 10:00 pm

Hey gang, my apologies, looks like when I added the trade the pick option, it zeroed out the previous votes.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,052

Post#5 » by DusterBuster » Tue May 14, 2024 12:14 am

cdubbz wrote:I voted Clingan, but hard to see Clingan drop to 7. Could see multiple teams go for him in the top 6.

Yeah, surprised to see Clingan even as a choice. Think he’s gone in top 5.

Trading pick is fine, but no one is trading a significantly unprotected first in 25 for a lottery pick in this draft.

I just genuinely couldn’t care less about this offseason.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,974

Post#6 » by cdubbz » Tue May 14, 2024 12:35 am

tester551 wrote:Buzelis -> He has the most valuable skill set and highest floor. IMO, he also has the highest ceiling if he can improve his shooting.

Holland is a solid second here.

I wouldn't touch Knecht or Clingan in the top 12.

I’ve only watched YouTube videos of Buzelis and I like what I see in him. What did you see as his most valuable skill set? I love his athleticism, size, and showed almost all around skills minus shooting. He’s very raw with no elite NBA skill currently. To me one thing I really like about Buzelis is his family tree being all professional hoopers.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
HoopsFanAZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 317

Post#7 » by HoopsFanAZ » Tue May 14, 2024 12:44 am

Counting on Sarr, Topic, and Clingon gone in the top 6. There are other wildcards, but this would leave 4 forwards (not named Holland): Risacher, Castle, Buzelis and CodyWillians.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,882

Post#8 » by Norm2953 » Tue May 14, 2024 12:59 am

Given today's combine measurements and early workouts, if Clingan is there at 7, he's a Blazer.

The guy aced his workouts at 280 lbs and is showing a 3 point shot he never had to show at
UConn for they needed him to rebound and play defense. He could go has high as second to
the Wizards and could go first according to Woj but Sarr lost no points either 7-1 224 with a
7-4 reach

The two UK guards are both 6-1 160 lbs and I think will drop some at draft time for neither can
play SG in the NBA.

Dalton Knect might be a plug and play guy but he's barely 6-5 barefoot and I'd love for him to
be there at 14.

Zach Edey tested better than he did in 2023 7-4 299 lbs with an awesome reach and is now also
showing a 3 point shot and I agree with the draft board that he's a lock for the lottery.

Buzelis is 6-8.75 197 lbs and a 6-10 reach and had a horrendous year shooting in the G league

Holland is 6-6.5 198 lbs with a 6-10.75 reach

I think Portland choice will come down to which player Charlotte picks at six, either Buzelis
or Holland.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,178

Post#9 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Tue May 14, 2024 1:53 am

Norm2953 wrote:Given today's combine measurements and early workouts, if Clingan is there at 7, he's a Blazer.

The guy aced his workouts at 280 lbs and is showing a 3 point shot he never had to show at
UConn for they needed him to rebound and play defense. He could go has high as second to
the Wizards and could go first according to Woj but Sarr lost no points either 7-1 224 with a
7-4 reach

The two UK guards are both 6-1 160 lbs and I think will drop some at draft time for neither can
play SG in the NBA.

Dalton Knect might be a plug and play guy but he's barely 6-5 barefoot and I'd love for him to
be there at 14.

Zach Edey tested better than he did in 2023 7-4 299 lbs with an awesome reach and is now also
showing a 3 point shot and I agree with the draft board that he's a lock for the lottery.

Buzelis is 6-8.75 197 lbs and a 6-10 reach and had a horrendous year shooting in the G league

I think Portland choice will come down to which player Charlotte picks at six, either Buzelis
or Holland.

Cody didn't measure out too well either. Well he has a good wingspan but is the same height as Holland and almost 20 pounds lighter while also having questions about his quickness and ability to play on the wing.

I agree we are probably looking at Buzelis or Holland if one is available.

Of course I am quickly falling for Salaun, reminds me of OG Anunoby in having a well rounded but raw skillset and very big/strong frame and solid motor but am afraid he wont last until 14.
Butter
General Manager

Post#10 » by Butter » Tue May 14, 2024 2:03 am

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:
Norm2953 wrote:Given today's combine measurements and early workouts, if Clingan is there at 7, he's a Blazer.

7-4 reach

play SG in the NBA.

be there at 14.

or Holland.

Cody didn't measure out too well either. Well he has a good wingspan but is the same height as Holland and almost 20 pounds lighter while also having questions about his quickness and ability to play on the wing.

I agree we are probably looking at Buzelis or Holland if one is available.

Of course I am quickly falling for Salaun, reminds me of OG Anunoby in having a well rounded but raw skillset and very big/strong frame and solid motor but am afraid he wont last until 14.

I'd like to see the Blazers package 2nds and move up a bit from 14 to grab Salaun.
Butter
General Manager

Post#11 » by Butter » Tue May 14, 2024 2:42 am

I'm a little surprised votes are going to Williams. He's ultra light weight, and not a perimeter shooter. Hollands HT came in better than some projected and he's a lock down defender.b Knecht has good size, and he offers much needed perimeter shooting. What puts Williams over the top?

Ht Wt arm span
Ron Holland II 6-6.5 196.8 6-10.75
Cody Williams 6-6.5 178.4 7-1
Dalton Knecht 6-5.25 212.2 6-9
elias808
Junior
And1: 317

Post#12 » by elias808 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:56 am

I’d trade the pick for 2025, but doubt that happens. Of the options available I’d for sure take Holland with Williams close behind. I see Hollands floor as Lu Dort and high end as Jaylen Brown.
TheDraftGuy
Ballboy
And1: 14

Post#13 » by TheDraftGuy » Tue May 14, 2024 4:14 am

* The way I see it, Cody Williams has the best upside and superb efficiency at certain parts of the court (75% at rim, 71% right baseline, 41% 3pt) while demonstrating some playmaking skills. Needs to tighten up his handles and develop some more go-to moves but at the rim, a simple catch and shoot (52%), a simple three point shot, and with a baseline floater, he already has a few go-to moves. He should be a Lamar Odom/Darius Miles mix as a median and become more if he develops his skills.

* Clingan goes higher now due to Topic's injury but he's the most safe pick here. I feel he can be Brad Daugherty with defense. Not really the next Embiid or Jokic but that could make him a good player with a few All-Star games if his team is successful (sort of like Vucevic). Edey is an alternative here at #14 and performed well at the combine.

* Ron Holland is another safe pick. Expect a Gerald Wallace/Rudy Gay/Kelly Oubre type trajectory for him.

* Buzelis weak FT% and 3pt% does not bode well for him. I like his game and he should be a solid starter/roleplayer but it's not worth gambling on that.

* Salaun is similar and less skilled than Buzelis. Tyler Smith is a better alternative to Salaun imo, even if he is less flashy.

* Knecht is one of those guys who has a great senior year due to being more experienced and developing skills that dominate a college game. But I don't see it translating into the NBA as strongly.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,882

Post#14 » by Norm2953 » Tue May 14, 2024 5:19 am

Knect might be the Jaime Jacquez of the 2024 draft, which is a plug and play SF/SG, a

Looking over the various team boards, there seems to be a consensus that after Sarr, there is
a glut of guys that will go in any order. The Detroit board for example has a number of posters
who want to trade 5 for 7,14. That might work if Portland really wants Buzelis
red_power
Sixth Man
And1: 880

Post#15 » by red_power » Tue May 14, 2024 8:12 am

TheDraftGuy wrote:* Knecht is one of those guys who has a great senior year due to being more experienced and developing skills that dominate a college game. But I don't see it translating into the NBA as strongly.

Knecht got a reputation of a sieve on defense in college and I'm sure this part of his game translates seamlessly to the NBA level. I'm not so sure about his athleticism and offensive game. He might turn to be pretty good in those regards.
Anyway I don't see much reason to bring on this roster a guy almost the same size as Shae with a negative impact defensively, considering alternatives.
"Fly forward despite the fog" (c) Kobe Bryant 1978-2020
Pattycakes
General Manager
And1: 1,545

Post#16 » by Pattycakes » Tue May 14, 2024 4:03 pm

This mock has us getting Clingan and Holland:

By far best case (albeit not a chance Holland falls that much healthy-assuming) in my eyes:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2024-nba-mock-draft-kentuckys-reed-sheppard-shoots-his-way-to-wizards-at-no-2-behind-top-pick-alex-sarr/

The French guy Zacc and Edey/Missi would be an alternative “best case” but I def would love the prior
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,007

Post#17 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue May 14, 2024 4:56 pm

Clingan and Holland would be pretty wild.

I have a hard time seeing Clingan lasting until 7 personally. I also would field calls on him if he does. Would a team like OKC trade 12 and a few future picks for Donovan? Maybe.

Realistically I am feeling Holland at 7 and Dalton at 14. Think Sarr, Riasacher, Matas and Clingan are 100% gone by 7. After that I can see a ton of guys taking that 5th and 6th slot (Reed, Topic, Dilly, Matas, Salaun, could even see a guy like Ware skyrocket up late in the process).

Even if Knetch maxes out as a 6th man a guy like him that can score at all 3 levels and isnt a combo guard is a pretty excellent piece off the bench. (I see Knetch as a swing G/F that can score at all 3 levels which is much more rare than a combo guard that can score at all 3 levels).
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,432

Post#18 » by GreenRiddler » Tue May 14, 2024 5:16 pm

Clings is not worth a top 10 pick. Ask yourself if you’d spend one on Walker Kessler and you have your answer. Only reason he’s in the convo is because of the championship run.

I think Buze/Holland/Cody/Castle will be the pick in that order of availability. Unless Risacher falls. Buzelis has the best upside in that group to be a borderline all star.

I wonder if it’s possible for us to move up from 14 if we like a guy. I can see 9-13 trading their pick for the right offer and we have guys like Brogdon/Grant/Jabari/Thybulle to do it.

We could walk away with Buze and Clingan
tester551
Assistant Coach
And1: 862

Post#19 » by tester551 » Tue May 14, 2024 5:46 pm

GreenRiddler wrote:Clings is not worth a top 10 pick. Ask yourself if you’d spend one on Walker Kessler and you have your answer. Only reason he’s in the convo is because of the championship run.

I think Buze/Holland/Cody/Castle will be the pick in that order of availability. Unless Risacher falls. Buzelis has the best upside in that group to be a borderline all star.

I wonder if it’s possible for us to move up from 14 if we like a guy. I can see 9-13 trading their pick for the right offer and we have guys like Brogdon/Grant/Jabari/Thybulle to do it.

We could walk away with Buze and Clingan

Honestly, I like Kessler as a prospect significantly more than Clingan.

I've watched a fair amount of tape on Clingan trying to see what others see in him to rate him a top 10 pick... I dont' see it at all. I see Zubac V2.
Walton1one
Ballboy
And1: 27

Post#20 » by Walton1one » Tue May 14, 2024 6:32 pm

Given the scenario listed, I think the obvious choice would be b\t Buzelis & Holland, any of the other players don't make a ton of sense IMO, but then again I am not a GM so...

As for which one, Do you gamble on Holland becoming a league average shooter, b\c he has all of the other tools you could possibly look for in a player:
Athleticism? check
Defensive capability? check
Offensive capability? check
Effort\desire to improve? check
Team player? check
Size to play SF? check
Also, he is a year younger than Buzelis, and had a larger impact in the G-League.

Buzelis, has better size, maybe could play a swing PF as he gets older. Did not shoot well LY, though many view his shooting coming around as a more sure thing. He has good athleticism, size, good vision, seems to have a creative offensive mid-game, decent defender and shows effort.

I'd be happy with either one, probably lean towards Holland? However, my concern is that neither player will be there.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers