ImageImage

OT: These crazy Snowstorms

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

swede
Assistant Coach
And1: 6

OT: These crazy Snowstorms 

Post#1 » by swede » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:04 pm

Be safe to anyone driving this week. Slides have closed Highway 20 at the Santiam pass.. In Bend you aren't even supposed to go drive today unless its an emergency. Probably got about 8 inches the last 24 hours in the middle of town.. parts on the westside are unaccessible right now. How is it where you're at?
Cyborg21 wrote:Screw you Batum, throwing us under the bus, I hope we destroy these scum next year.
Yangsing
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Yangsing » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:15 pm

Vancouver: Just rain
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#3 » by mojomarc » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:28 pm

Seattle--nada. Not even raining. Should have gone up skiing tonight. Oh well--there's always tomorrow.
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 551

Post#4 » by Goldbum » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:47 pm

Kennewick WA CRAAAZZYY Snow storm
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
AG
Ballboy

Post#5 » by AG » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:27 am

Eugene: It snowed saturday night and stuck. Snowed Monday didn't stick, then rain. I want classes canceled damn it! :D
doogul
Rookie
And1: 50

Post#6 » by doogul » Wed Jan 9, 2008 1:16 am

Here in La Grande, we're used to much heavier snow than we've been getting, but the wind that has been coming with this storm is something new. It's caused some downed trees, shattered windows, and a school closure for a day. The first snow-related school closure in 20 years here. We usually tough it out, but the wind was nasty. Pretty crazy stuff! Now if they'd just cancel EOU's classes for a week or two, I'd be happy ;)
waverider
Pro Prospect

Re: OT: These crazy Snowstorms 

Post#7 » by waverider » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:27 am

swede wrote:Be safe to anyone driving this week. Slides have closed Highway 20 at the Santiam pass.. In Bend you aren't even supposed to go drive today unless its an emergency. Probably got about 8 inches the last 24 hours in the middle of town.. parts on the westside are unaccessible right now. How is it where you're at?

Buddy, I live on the "westside" of Bend and if its "unaccessible" I sincerely hope you stay off the roads!Are you a transplanted "flatlander? Its no big deal out there with a decent car and tires and if you can drive in snow. LOL
swede
Assistant Coach
And1: 6

Post#8 » by swede » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:22 am

Hahah psssh. Born n raised driving around here. I was basing that on looking out my window & the crazy Bulletin reports. I deliver chinese for Szechuan at nights and it was absolutely a cakewalk.. except for the butte which was gnarley as hell. It was weird how it stopped snowing and stayed 32 degrees.. did you drive this morning? A car ran into a school bus on Mt Washington & my classes at COCC were canceled so it was sorta gnarley. Definitely a billion times better than i expected :)

And how "west" are you? Summit/Shevlin Park/Mt Wash were legit chaos this morning according to all the news I've caught.

BTW: I delivered to lee anderson from ktvz or whatever tonight. 3 dollar tip what a sob.
Cyborg21 wrote:Screw you Batum, throwing us under the bus, I hope we destroy these scum next year.
Tim Lehrbach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,989

Post#9 » by Tim Lehrbach » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:14 am

doogul wrote:Here in La Grande, we're used to much heavier snow than we've been getting, but the wind that has been coming with this storm is something new. It's caused some downed trees, shattered windows, and a school closure for a day. The first snow-related school closure in 20 years here. We usually tough it out, but the wind was nasty. Pretty crazy stuff! Now if they'd just cancel EOU's classes for a week or two, I'd be happy ;)

How do you like living in LaGrande?
Clipsz 4 Life
January 20, 2002-May 17, 2006
Saxon
February 20, 2001-August 9, 2007
doogul
Rookie
And1: 50

Post#10 » by doogul » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:13 pm

Tim Lehrbach wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

How do you like living in LaGrande?

I like it because of the smaller town atmosphere. The main problem is that there's not a whole lot to do in town, but if you're into outdoor stuff there is a lot of that around the area. It's a pretty conservative area but the university does a decent job of balancing it out, I guess. The job market here sucks though. Anyway all in all it's a nice little town, IMO :) I'm biased because I've lived here for 19 years though, haha. Have you ever been here?
Klinky
Assistant Coach
And1: 536

Post#11 » by Klinky » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:53 pm

Tigard: Nopes, no snows...
Circus Americano!
pdxblazers92087
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#12 » by pdxblazers92087 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:00 pm

we had rain in Santa Barbara (california) the other day :o

:lol:
Tim Lehrbach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,989

Post#13 » by Tim Lehrbach » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:58 am

doogul wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I like it because of the smaller town atmosphere. The main problem is that there's not a whole lot to do in town, but if you're into outdoor stuff there is a lot of that around the area. It's a pretty conservative area but the university does a decent job of balancing it out, I guess. The job market here sucks though. Anyway all in all it's a nice little town, IMO :) I'm biased because I've lived here for 19 years though, haha. Have you ever been here?

I was in LaGrande for two days. There's not a lot going on there, but I thought it was serene and prettier than a lot of poor towns. And that corner of Oregon is just gorgeous. Maybe I'll retire there.
Clipsz 4 Life

January 20, 2002-May 17, 2006

Saxon

February 20, 2001-August 9, 2007

Return to Portland Trail Blazers