Quick on Trades - W@W 7/28

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,932

Quick on Trades - W@W 7/28 

Post#1 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:56 am

Here's a quick transcript of Quick's interview on Wheels at Work today:

Q - We now know Rudy wants out and that Boston, NY and Chicago are the teams most interested in him. Is that because the Blazers want to send him East or just because that is the teams most interested?

A - Those are just the teams most interested. It sounds like Boston is the most likely scenario. Knicks don't have picks to offer, the Blazers could package Rudy with another player for NY, but a 1 for 1 won't work for Portland (Blazers don't want Bill Walker or Toney Douglas). Chicago has an attractive pick from Charlotte.

I do believe the Blazers are looking to pair Rudy with another player to get a little creative with a deal. It doesn't look like the deal will happen as soon as Rudy's camp would like. Cho flying to Vegas on Sunday to talk with McMillan and talk about the direction of the team.

Q - Is the Rudy deal Rich Cho's main focus right now?

A - No. There is another deal Cho is working on. Rudy is Priority #2 right now, that's the sense I and Andy Miller (Rudy's Agent) get. He is extremely busy right now and it's hard to get any time with him. I don't know what deals he's working on. I do know that he has been talking to teams about Rudy, but he hasn't assured Rudy's camp that he'll be dealt. He has the company line that "We're going to do what's best for the organization." The price has to be right, the team isn't going to deal him just because Rudy's upset.

Q - Do you get a sense that Cho doesn't have any loyalties on this team so that he's willing to do more of a consolidation trade?

A - Ya, there's a couple things we're finding out about Cho. He's true to his word about being calculated, no knee jerk reactions. He's also able to pacify agents. Rudy's agents felt that KP and Penn weren't listening to them and had gave them promises the team didn't fulfill. They feel Cho has been proactive and has been active in real trade talks.

Q - Is Paul Allen going to be part of the conversation Sunday?

A - I don't know, but he'll likely be involved in one way or another.

Q - Does Paul Allen want results soon?

A - Yes. The trade demand Rudy made in December to Penn and Pritchard was never relayed to Allen and this angered him, another issue that caused problems between Allen and Pritchard. Rudy doesn't want to play for McMillan and their camp was told that McMillan is in solid ground with Mr. Allen, so that's why they have decided that it's time for him to go.

Q- Does he now want to stay in the NBA and not leave for Europe?

A - Yes. His main goal is to stay in the NBA, but he is willing to go back to Europe if he has to. This has been a problem with a lot of Rudy deals. Teams call Rudy's Agent and ask if Rudy wants to play for them. This happened with Minnesota and they were told he didn't want to play for them, so they backed off. Rudy has some requirements for a team. He wants to start, he wants a big role and he wants a big city.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Ytoojae
Junior
And1: 3

Re: Quick on Trades - W@W 7/28 

Post#2 » by Ytoojae » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:06 am

Nice - thanks for posting that.

So... If we trade him to the Celtics he's going to be angry because he gets to be Ray Allen's backup?

I have a feeling Rudy Fernandez will never be happy in the NBA.
sketchturntable
Junior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by sketchturntable » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:40 am

He wants to start, he wants a big role and he wants a big city.

wow, Rudy. good luck with that.

:(
a_sensei
Analyst
And1: 658

Post#4 » by a_sensei » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:10 am

Ytoojae wrote:Nice - thanks for posting that.

So... If we trade him to the Celtics he's going to be angry because he gets to be Ray Allen's backup?

I heard somewhere, can't remember where but I very much doubt the source had any credibility, that there is talk of packaging Rudy with Joel, I believe, for Ray Allen. Makes no sense from the Celtics perspective and would be weird, but you do it, from the Blazers perspective.
BiggieSmalls
Senior

Post#5 » by BiggieSmalls » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:35 am

a_sensei wrote:
Ytoojae wrote:Nice - thanks for posting that.

I heard somewhere, can't remember where but I very much doubt the source had any credibility, that there is talk of packaging Rudy with Joel, I believe, for Ray Allen. Makes no sense from the Celtics perspective and would be weird, but you do it, from the Blazers perspective.

I too heard about this trade and it was supposedly from a reliable source so of course if im portland i say that u gotta do that.
Klinky
Assistant Coach
And1: 536

Post#6 » by Klinky » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:40 am

I don't know if I'd want Ray Allen. He almost completely vanished in the playoffs, but I guess when you think about what you're giving up, a center with repaired knee & a whiny Spaniard who doesn't want to play on our team anyways, I probably couldn't argue.
Bob loblaw
Junior

Post#7 » by Bob loblaw » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:49 am

Klinky wrote:I don't know if I'd want Ray Allen. He almost completely vanished in the playoffs, but I guess when you think about what you're giving up, a center with repaired knee & a whiny Spaniard who doesn't want to play on our team anyways, I probably couldn't argue.

Sorry, but Ray Allen would be next to useless with Roy and Matthews, Portland is the team that would say no. Ray is about done anyway. Get a pick or TPE for Rudy and call it a night.
ptown08
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by ptown08 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:59 am

Bob loblaw wrote:
Klinky wrote:I don't know if I'd want Ray Allen. He almost completely vanished in the playoffs, but I guess when you think about what you're giving up, a center with repaired knee & a whiny Spaniard who doesn't want to play on our team anyways, I probably couldn't argue.

Sorry, but Ray Allen would be next to useless with Roy and Matthews, Portland is the team that would say no. Ray is about done anyway. Get a pick or TPE for Rudy and call it a night.

Disagree. The pick(s) that we would get would be mid to low 20's, nothing o real value. On the other hand, trading Przy (seems done) and Rudy (loser) to get a solid shooter who is at the tail end of his career who would not need huge minutes, but can produce with talent around him is the right move. Allen gives us a weapon for NOW, not in the "future" which unfortunately KP and a lot of fans have become obsessed about.
Get Healthy Big Fella
benefit1970
Bench Warmer

Post#9 » by benefit1970 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:26 am

Rudy DID start. In the playoffs. And he vanished like a magic trick... er... an ILLUSION!!!

GOB Bluth would have been proud of dear Rudy.

As for Ray Allen... shooting never goes out of style. Even at his capacity, he's one of the purest shooters in the game. Not sure how you couldn't take him.

-bg
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,151

Post#10 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:26 am

What a doucher. Who the **** does he think he is?
thegreatblaze
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#11 » by thegreatblaze » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:31 am

benefit1970 wrote:Rudy DID start. In the playoffs. And he vanished like a magic trick... er... an ILLUSION!!!

They don't call him the Spanish magician for nothin.
Walton'sBeard!
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by Walton'sBeard! » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:37 am

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:

He thinks he's Rudy freaking Fernandez. And he's coming for your wives and girlfriends!
jeffhardyfan52
General Manager
And1: 596

Post#13 » by jeffhardyfan52 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:52 am

Didnt someone state already that Ray Allen cant be traded tell Dec 15th?
dreamcloud
Analyst
And1: 464

Post#14 » by dreamcloud » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:06 am

jeffhardyfan52 wrote:Didnt someone state already that Ray Allen cant be traded tell Dec 15th?

Thats what i was thinking, since he signed some contract just recently or something?? im not sure
OscarusPrime32
Senior

Post#15 » by OscarusPrime32 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:13 am

Since Rudy has little to no leverage in this, Portland should just trade him for the best return we can get.
jeffhardyfan52
General Manager

Post#16 » by jeffhardyfan52 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:27 am

dreamcloud wrote:
jeffhardyfan52 wrote:Didnt someone state already that Ray Allen cant be traded tell Dec 15th?

Thats what i was thinking, since he signed some contract just recently or something?? im not sure

Yeah he just resigned with them so he cant be traded for awhile
i think it was farzi who pointed that out in the drama thread
He’s not (my-vydas), he’s not (your-vydas), he’s Arvydas

DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,151

Post#17 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:40 am

Walton'sBeard! wrote:
DeBlazerRiddem wrote:

He thinks he's Rudy freaking Fernandez. And he's coming for your wives and girlfriends!

Hahaha. I might be actually be worried if he came for my girlfriend. She could end up in spain :(

Though she does think I kinda look like Rudy... :D
rasta_marley
Starter
And1: 509

Post#18 » by rasta_marley » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:02 am

Walton'sBeard! wrote:
DeBlazerRiddem wrote:

haha very true every girl I have taken to a game since rudy came to portland always perks up when they see good old rudy... I'm sure dude gets laid a lot.
Heej wrote:And tbh I'm not entirely convinced MJ wasn't just the 90s version of KD.

:lol:
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,926

Post#19 » by Chi town » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:07 am

this explains why he didn't go to MIN.

I think the best fit is Chicago but we will only give up our 2011 1st and won't give up the CHA pick.
jeffhardyfan52
General Manager

Post#20 » by jeffhardyfan52 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:17 am

I have taken 2 females to blazer games and they all melt for rudy
He’s not (my-vydas), he’s not (your-vydas), he’s Arvydas

Return to Portland Trail Blazers