ImageImage

Poll - Rookie Scale Options Watch

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Poll - Which Players Will Olshey Pick up the Options For?

Yes - CJ's 3rd year option Will be Picked-up
36%
No - CJ's 3rd year option Will Not be Picked-up
No votes
Yes - TRob's 4th year option Will be Picked-up
23%
No - TRob's 4th year option Will Not be Picked-up
10%
Yes - Leonard's 4th year option Will be Picked-up
13%
No - Leonard's 4th year option Will Not be Picked-up
17%

Total votes: 69

DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Re: Poll - Rookie Scale Options Watch 

Post#21 » by DaVoiceMaster » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:32 pm

Thanks VI and Wiz for saving me the hassle of arguing DBR's comparison. One guy plays a lot, the other guy hardly plays. No way you can compare them. If you do, you gotta admit that of the two players, Wright is the over pay because he's not making earning much of his money while Green is earning most of his. I get what you're saying about paying so much for Green, I just didn't think the example you provided was all that good.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#22 » by d-train » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:44 pm

It's worth noting that Blazers exercised their option on Lillard Sept 29. They have not exercised their options on CJ, T-Rob, or Leonard. Last year they exercised options on Lillard, T-Rob, and Leonard on the same day Sept 30, 2013. The difference this year is free agency considerations that were not an issue last year.

I still believe T-Rob and CJ will be extended but it’s not a no-brainer like last season.
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#23 » by d-train » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:56 pm

DaVoiceMaster wrote:Thanks VI and Wiz for saving me the hassle of arguing DBR's comparison. One guy plays a lot, the other guy hardly plays. No way you can compare them. If you do, you gotta admit that of the two players, Wright is the over pay because he's not making earning much of his money while Green is earning most of his. I get what you're saying about paying so much for Green, I just didn't think the example you provided was all that good.

Wright is earning his money because he is doing what he is paid to do. He plays a lot when asked and he sits when asked.

In addition to some of the other comparison issues already mentioned, you can't compare a player on a losing team to a player on a winning team. Blazers play real NBA basketball 48 minutes every game. Boston is mostly playing ratball. The next time the Celtics are a serious team most of the players they have now will be gone.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,887

Post#24 » by JasonStern » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:40 pm

considering the Blazers potentially have cap space next season and definitely have three starters due for extensions, guaranteeing the contract either Leonard or Robinson wouldn't be prudent. however, not picking up the option on either player would be a passive admission by management that their acquisition didn't work as intended. as such, I can see it going either way.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups

Return to Portland Trail Blazers