ImageImage

Game 20:Portland vs Indiana 7:00pm Comcast/NBAtv

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

britblazerdude
RealGM
And1: 1,344

Re: Game 20:Portland vs Indiana 7:00pm Comcast/NBAtv 

Post#61 » by britblazerdude » Thu Dec 1, 2016 7:32 pm

Had one eye on the game last night. Glad to see us put a spanking in after the last week or two. Hopefully we turn this into something.
To Dare Is To Do? 13 League Titles. You've only got 2.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#62 » by Wizenheimer » Thu Dec 1, 2016 8:48 pm

monopoman wrote:My point is you can use anything to discredit a win. I mean what if they for instance beat GSW but the Warriors come in on a road back to back from the east coast, and Draymond Green doesn't play? Do we put an asterisk next to that win also? I ensure you that when San Antonio looks at their record for wins against winning teams they will include the Warriors even though the Warriors were 0-0 before the game and 0-1 after it.

I really wasn't trying to discredit a win. Sure, I think there can be a little asterisk next to the opening night win against the Jazz. But Memphis was healthy and at home...the only thing there is that CJ morphs into Jerry West whenever he plays in Memphis

but I don't think it's out of line, at all, to say that so far this season, when the Blazers play a good team who is healthy & playing well, their defense wilts and they crap their pants on offense, They've also only won 1 of their last 6 games on the road. They'll have plenty of opportunity to change those trends over the next 25 games....

...that will take them till Jan 21. While there's plenty of reason to slam how they've performed so far, I agree there's no reason to write off the season. On Jan 8 last year they were 9 games under .500 at 15-24. Over the next 19 games, they went 15-4 and turned around their season. So, if they are close to .500 on Jan 21, the schedule, at least, would favor them making another run. 22 of their last 37 games are at home as are 10 of their last 12. Especially in that last 12 game stretch...only having 2 one-night road trips (Utah & LA) over the last 3 weeks of the season should be a huge advantage
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#63 » by monopoman » Thu Dec 1, 2016 9:59 pm

I guess i just prefer not to nitpick the wins, I would much rather worry about the losses. Obviously analyzing a win to make the team better is a good thing, but if we do that the team doesn't get better like if they were analyzing wins at the practice facility.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,887

Post#64 » by JasonStern » Fri Dec 2, 2016 1:32 am

monopoman wrote:I guess i just prefer not to nitpick the wins, I would much rather worry about the losses. Obviously analyzing a win to make the team better is a good thing, but if we do that the team doesn't get better like if they were analyzing wins at the practice facility.

while I tend to agree, the problem with that is it builds unrealistic expectations, which leads to drinking and overreacting when the team eventually loses, which leads to waking up and going, "oh gawd, what did I post this time?" :)
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups

Return to Portland Trail Blazers