ImageImage

Game 11: Portland vs Cleveland 7:00pm Root+

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,937

Re: Game 11: Portland vs Cleveland 7:00pm Root+ 

Post#21 » by JasonStern » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:52 pm

I don't get the hot golfer girl trend. Not opposed to it. Just don't get it. I mean, the girls make a ton of money, so I get it from there end. I just don't get the golf part.

But back to the Blazers, ugly game. There will be several more until we get Brogdon, Simons, and Timelord back - which are arguably 3 of our top 5 players. Nothing against Mays and Reath, but when they're major load carrying players on a team, you know you're in trouble.
"I don't get timeouts. You're getting paid millions. Go do basketball things."
- Chauncey Billups
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,496

Post#22 » by JRoy » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:27 pm

Isn’t RW out for the year?
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,679

Post#23 » by PDXKnight » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:44 am

JRoy wrote:Isn’t RW out for the year?

Sounds like it
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,679

Post#24 » by PDXKnight » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:48 am

JasonStern wrote:I don't get the hot golfer girl trend. Not opposed to it. Just don't get it. I mean, the girls make a ton of money, so I get it from there end. I just don't get the golf part.

But back to the Blazers, ugly game. There will be several more until we get Brogdon, Simons, and Timelord back - which are arguably 3 of our top 5 players. Nothing against Mays and Reath, but when they're major load carrying players on a team, you know you're in trouble.

I don't think this team is gonna be making Any noise this year. Doesn't really matter if we are fully healthy or injury plagued we don't really have a closer. We either need one to develop (sharpe/ant/scoot) or draft one. Either way this year is bound to be painful as we don't have the talent to be anything better than a bottom 5 team. What we have is potentiality and tons of it, but that takes time.
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,852

Post#25 » by The Sebastian Express » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:48 am

JRoy wrote:Isn’t RW out for the year?

Yes, as he should be. Do the surgery that best suits this young man longterm for his career. No reason at all to try to rush him back. Especially since he's been rushed back before.
GEE
Starter
And1: 333

Post#26 » by GEE » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:27 am

m0ng0 wrote:Gee, where are we going to play Simons and Scoot and Sharpe? It seems we have minutes for all :)

The answer is simple my friend... The One and Two. I said before the first game that I thought there was plenty of minutes for all three as: 48x2= 96, and 96/3= 32 mpg for each guy. Thybulle to back up the Two and Three. Grant starts at Three. Ayton at the Five and then you pick who plays the Four. I was also for starting Simons with Sharpe, as they are NOT ROOKIES. Scoot needs to EARN his minutes as a starter IMO. Until he outperforms Simons at the One and earns that starting gig, he should be our 6th man. If and when he does... Simons becomes the 6th man. Good problem to have if you ask me.

I pretty much gave up hope for this team as soon as I saw the starting lineup for the first game. If Chauney and/or the Vulcans can't stop the constant and now very unneccesary Small-Ball BS, playing multiple guys out of position and undersized almost always... We will continue to suck way worse than we would, if we just put out a Drexler-era style of lineup. Why is it sooo F-ing hard to figure out.

For the record... I have watched almost every Blazer game on Comcast for the last 10 years or more, having missed only a few total in that period. This year I haven't seen ONE because I canceled my near $200/mo. package that I've paid mostly just to see the team I have loved since I saw Bill Walton at Grant Park after the Junior Rose Parade in '78. I was 4.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#27 » by monopoman » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:36 am

I haven't paid for cable TV for roughly 5 or 6 years, there are other ways to watch the games.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,947

Post#28 » by BlazersBroncos » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:19 pm

I pretty much gave up hope for this team as soon as I saw the starting lineup for the first game. If Chauney and/or the Vulcans can't stop the constant and now very unneccesary Small-Ball BS, playing multiple guys out of position and undersized almost always... We will continue to suck way worse than we would, if we just put out a Drexler-era style of lineup. Why is it sooo F-ing hard to figure out.

Hope? The team stinks and everyone should have known that going into the season. Its a lotto ball year. Its been a while since we had a full year like that - so I dont really mind. Hoping for Sarr at this point for 2024.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers