ImageImage

Game 35 Portland vs Brooklyn 12:00pm Root,Root+

Moderators: DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam

JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,509

Re: Game 35 Portland vs Brooklyn 12:00pm Root,Root+ 

Post#21 » by JRoy » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:13 pm

Simons recent play boosts his trade value.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
m0ng0
Senior
And1: 124

Post#22 » by m0ng0 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 8:22 pm

You are right and when Scoot gets there that is a great conversation to have, wait it out. Let's not rush the timeline, lets just roll with it. I thought we all kinda agreed this was going to be a BAD season! Scoot is not there yet, and it may take a few years to get there, maybe expectations where to high...I dunno but the best player on this team is Simon's and it's not even close.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,860

Post#23 » by Norm2953 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 9:18 pm

Decipher wrote:
Norm2953 wrote:Makes you wonder if Portland offered up Ant + both FRP for Bridges if the Nets would think about it.

We'd then have Scoot, Sharpe and would keep Brogdon in our BC with Bridges, Grant and Ayton in
our FC.

Speaking as a Nets fan (and I hope that I am wrong), we seem completely rudderless atm

However, Bridges is on a team friendly contract and I can’t see him being moved for anything less than a king’s ransom as we don’t have our own pick this year so can’t build via the draft

Lets say Portland ended up with the first pick in the upcoming draft. Would they like a Bridges trade
for Simons + both of Portland's FRP?
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,018

Post#24 » by DusterBuster » Mon Jan 8, 2024 11:55 pm

Norm2953 wrote:
Decipher wrote:
Norm2953 wrote:Makes you wonder if Portland offered up Ant + both FRP for Bridges if the Nets would think about it.

We'd then have Scoot, Sharpe and would keep Brogdon in our BC with Bridges, Grant and Ayton in
our FC.

Speaking as a Nets fan (and I hope that I am wrong), we seem completely rudderless atm

However, Bridges is on a team friendly contract and I can’t see him being moved for anything less than a king’s ransom as we don’t have our own pick this year so can’t build via the draft

Lets say Portland ended up with the first pick in the upcoming draft. Would they like a Bridges trade

Bridges is awesome, and I say this as a fan, he's not worth the freight. He can moonlight as a franchise cornerstone, but he's at best should be a Robin to someones Batman. Even then, I wouldn't feel good about a teams chances to compete if my second best player is Bridges. He should be the third or fourth best player on a championship team, not a guy you build a franchise around.

The Nets were silly to not cash out on him when his value was at his ludicrous heights and a team like Portland was willing to fall over themselves to get him to keep Dame happy.

Again, that may sound harsh, but I genuinely can't think of a team where if he's your second best player, how that team goes anywhere.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,860

Post#25 » by Norm2953 » Tue Jan 9, 2024 12:35 am

It would an interesting offer for Bridges/Grant up front with Scoot/Sharpe is an interesting core.

Unlikely Brooklyn would do the deal but this is supposed to be a poor 2024 draft and I could see
Portland moving one of the picks if they could get value, especially if Brogdon brings back another
2024 FRP. Likely Portland values Simons too much and would prefer taking a top 5 player in a
mediocre draft, a second late lottery type of player from the GSW pick to add to next years
roster as opposed to adding a more win now piece like Bridges.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,552

Post#26 » by zzaj » Tue Jan 9, 2024 12:58 am

I'd at least consider that trade if I were Portland. Is it just me or has Bridges defense gone way down the past couple of years?

The real issue for me is that it exchanges a glut of 6'3" players for a glut of 6'6" players. I feel like in today's NBA you HAVE to have length in at least one position in the front court and the backcourt. Sharpe/Bridges at SG/SF would be meh...
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 968

Post#27 » by Decipher » Tue Jan 9, 2024 1:35 am

DusterBuster wrote:
Norm2953 wrote:
Decipher wrote:

Bridges is awesome, and I say this as a fan, he's not worth the freight. He can moonlight as a franchise cornerstone, but he's at best should be a Robin to someones Batman. Even then, I wouldn't feel good about a teams chances to compete if my second best player is Bridges. He should be the third or fourth best player on a championship team, not a guy you build a franchise around.

The Nets were silly to not cash out on him when his value was at his ludicrous heights and a team like Portland was willing to fall over themselves to get him to keep Dame happy.

Again, that may sound harsh, but I genuinely can't think of a team where if he's your second best player, how that team goes anywhere.

This is what I mean when I claim that the Nets have no direction

If it was me, I would have taken a Blazers deal involving Shaedon in a heartbeat

Same with Memphis (?) and the rumoured 4-5 1sts

My money is on Ainge doing the same

Obviously can still move him for value but we’re currently in limbo

Return to Portland Trail Blazers