Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,847

Re: Game 55: Portland vs Charlotte 6:00pm Root,Root+ 

Post#21 » by Norm2953 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:06 pm

The Sebastian Express wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
The Sebastian Express wrote:What a monumental and pivotal loss! Now tied with Charlotte in the win column. Though still ahead of them in the losses.

We can take number four! I believe in us! Tiny outside shot we can get to three! We must lose to San Antonio again.

Also I think we should sell high on Simons when we can. But I'll leave it at that.

Who you like in the draft?

Right now I'm leaning towards Risacher if we're in range.

There has been talk of Buzelis rising in the draft (again) after his play at the Futures game.

This is an interesting draft. Detroit if they get the top pick doesn't need Sarr and I wonder if Portland
if they got the third or fourth pick, would consider trading the GSW pick to move up to 1 to get Sarr.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,501

Post#22 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:12 pm

Norm2953 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Who you like in the draft?

Right now I'm leaning towards Risacher if we're in range.

There has been talk of Buzelis rising in the draft (again) after his play at the Futures game.

This is an interesting draft. Detroit if they get the top pick doesn't need Sarr and I wonder if Portland
if they got the third or fourth pick, would consider trading the GSW pick to move up to 1 to get Sarr.

I love Buzelis as well.

I want either Risacher/Buzelis/Cody as a Charlotte fan. If we could end up with either of those wings I would be very happy on draft night.

Buzelis has real potential though because he can actually move very fluid for his size. If there is one person in this draft that I think has the highest potential it is Buzelis.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,890

Post#23 » by JasonStern » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:29 am

Moonbeam wrote:It's getting harder to justify watching the Blazers this year. At least Murray got a lot of minutes.

I haven't watched the last two. Granted I was sleeping. Especially in this one. But with no Scoot, no Shaedon, a lack of minutes for Rayan, not really in love with the playstyle of Simons or Grant - it's hard to get motivated to watch right now.

I just watch the highlights. Free on YouTube. Maybe the nationally televised games, when available. But that also goes back to the whole Root Sports deal. Still don't understand that. So, we sold the media rights to a subdivision of the Seattle Mariners? Who then restricts broadcasts to Oregon, Washington, and Alaska? I don't get it.

3-32 from 3? Are you kidding me?
Everyone: No. Your coach is Chauncey Billups.

Go check the box score. Everyone craps on Ayton, but at least he put up NBA numbers. Take him off the team and I doubt the Blazers crack 70. Against the Hornets. And that's not a compliment. It's just not an insult.

What the hell happened to Thybulle? Like I get he's a complimentary piece, but damn. RHJ doesn't have a job, but he does? At least RHJ can hit the damn backboard.

Camara had a bad game. Was never sold on Kris Murray. But they're young. They get a longer leash than they should.

Simons is still the best player on the team. But damn. If you got coked up the night before, maybe you don't jack up 21 shots the next night. Maybe pass the ball to anyone that can make a shot. Not that our roster has that.

And Grant. You and Brogdon are supposed to be the seasoned veterans on this team. If you got coked up the night before with Simons, maybe you don't jack up 18 shots the next night. Maybe pass the ball to anyone that can make a shot. Not that our roster has that.

G-league performance.
Management: Nobody cares.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,907

Post#24 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:47 am

Kris looks like a hell of a swing and a miss. His body language exudes 'I cant believe I am here right now'.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,533

Post#25 » by zzaj » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:26 pm

I just read somewhere that Portland has not won a game in which Brogdon hasn't played. That tracks...
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,939

Post#26 » by Moonbeam » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:18 pm

zzaj wrote:I just read somewhere that Portland has not won a game in which Brogdon hasn't played. That tracks...

Definitely! This is why I disagree with the notion that Ant is the best player on the team. He’s the most skilled scorer, but he’s got the worst On/Off among the top 10 rotation guys this year and has never translated his scoring prowess into consistent impact. Hopefully he gets there.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#27 » by DaVoiceMaster » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:44 am

Moonbeam wrote:It's getting harder to justify watching the Blazers this year. At least Murray got a lot of minutes.

The only game I've watched this season was the game against the Bucks cuz it was on ESPN and it was the return of Lillard. Otherwise, I'm not watching them. I won't watch them next season either if they don't show the games on a different network.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,890

Post#28 » by JasonStern » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:34 pm

DaVoiceMaster wrote:

The only game I've watched this season was the game against the Bucks cuz it was on ESPN and it was the return of Lillard. Otherwise, I'm not watching them. I won't watch them next season either if they don't show the games on a different network.

Just stick to the free full game highlight videos on YouTube. Better for one's mental health this season.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups

Return to Portland Trail Blazers