Game 55: Portland vs Charlotte 6:00pm Root,Root+ 

Post#1 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:09 am

vs.

Time: 6:00pm
Place: Moda Center
TV: Root, Root+

GLB of the game Celeste O'Connor
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Re: Game 55: Portland vs Charlotte 6:00pm Root,Root+ 

Post#2 » by PDXKnight » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:55 am

Would be nice to lose this one. I suspect we will
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#3 » by Brandon-Clyde » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:00 am

1st quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#4 » by Brandon-Clyde » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:41 am

2nd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,500

Post#5 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:14 am

What are your thoughts on Brandon Miller so far?

I honestly believe Portland would have took him as the #2 pick had he been available. Billups comparing him to Tmac was very high praise.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#6 » by Brandon-Clyde » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:15 am

3rd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#7 » by Brandon-Clyde » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:47 am

4th quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#8 » by Brandon-Clyde » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:18 am

Consolation GLB pic
Spoiler:
HoopsFanAZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 309

Post#9 » by HoopsFanAZ » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:21 am

Now that was some serious long-range-brick-laying against a truly bad team.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#10 » by PDXKnight » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:24 am

JustBuzzin wrote:What are your thoughts on Brandon Miller so far?

I honestly believe Portland would have took him as the #2 pick had he been available. Billups comparing him to Tmac was very high praise.

I'd imagine we would've taken miller if we weren't dead set on moving on from dame. But if we were gonna blow it up either way I think scoot would've been the choice whether right or wrong
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#11 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:37 am

PDXKnight wrote:

I'd imagine we would've taken miller if we weren't dead set on moving on from dame. But if we were gonna blow it up either way I think scoot would've been the choice whether right or wrong

Yeah I forgot about the Dame situation.

It's also possible they would have kept Dame and pair him with Sharpe/Miller on the wings.

Also good to see Scoot show some promise. I think once he gets more experience he's really going to be a stud in this league.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Post#12 » by monopoman » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:43 am

Tank moving full speed ahead with this loss.
Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,162

Post#13 » by Dame Lizard » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:12 am

Miller has been better than I expected. I thought he'd be a solid player, but he's looking like a future All Star.

I believe we would have drafted Scoot @ #2, which makes me relieved that we didn't likely make that mistake.

I'm still pretty high on Scoot, but I'd take Miller over him in a redraft.
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,841

Post#14 » by The Sebastian Express » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:47 am

What a monumental and pivotal loss! Now tied with Charlotte in the win column. Though still ahead of them in the losses.

We can take number four! I believe in us! Tiny outside shot we can get to three! We must lose to San Antonio again.

Also I think we should sell high on Simons when we can. But I'll leave it at that.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#15 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:52 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:What a monumental and pivotal loss! Now tied with Charlotte in the win column. Though still ahead of them in the losses.

We can take number four! I believe in us! Tiny outside shot we can get to three! We must lose to San Antonio again.

Also I think we should sell high on Simons when we can. But I'll leave it at that.

Who you like in the draft?
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,939

Post#16 » by Moonbeam » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:13 am

It's getting harder to justify watching the Blazers this year. At least Murray got a lot of minutes.
The Sebastian Express

Post#17 » by The Sebastian Express » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:16 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
The Sebastian Express wrote:What a monumental and pivotal loss! Now tied with Charlotte in the win column. Though still ahead of them in the losses.

Who you like in the draft?

Right now I'm leaning towards Risacher if we're in range.
The Sebastian Express

Post#18 » by The Sebastian Express » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:17 am

Moonbeam wrote:It's getting harder to justify watching the Blazers this year. At least Murray got a lot of minutes.

I haven't watched the last two. Granted I was sleeping. Especially in this one. But with no Scoot, no Shaedon, a lack of minutes for Rayan, not really in love with the playstyle of Simons or Grant - it's hard to get motivated to watch right now.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,533

Post#19 » by zzaj » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:19 pm

I'll happily eat crow on Miller! I thought his flat-ish shot, footwork and lack of separation at the non-NBA level were going to be bigger issues than they are. I'm happy that Charlotte got themselves a really nice player going forward. You guys certainly deserve it. I think Chauncey comparing him to Tmac might be a bit of a stretch, however lol...but who knows? Kid is young...

It's tough to say what the Blazers would do in a redraft. I think they knew for various reasons they needed to pivot away from Lillard, so an actual PG was necessary (and no, Simons is not a PG). There was a pretty sizeable cloud over Miller because of the legal stuff...and the Blazers have seemingly tended to avoid that kind of drama, post-jailblazers. And of course, the Blazers had Sharpe and Grant, who are two similar-ish players who would have made Miller play a role that maybe wouldn't have been ideal--just a spot up shooter...

Personally? I would probably lean towards Miller in a redraft, but I think it's waaaaaay too early to tell what either player is going to be--especially in the case of Scoot, who has had a lot more responsibilities laid on him as a 19-20yr old starting PG.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#20 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:14 pm

zzaj wrote:

I'll happily eat crow on Miller! I thought his flat-ish shot, footwork and lack of separation at the non-NBA level were going to be bigger issues than they are. I'm happy that Charlotte got themselves a really nice player going forward. You guys certainly deserve it. I think Chauncey comparing him to Tmac might be a bit of a stretch, however lol...but who knows? Kid is young...

It's tough to say what the Blazers would do in a redraft. I think they knew for various reasons they needed to pivot away from Lillard, so an actual PG was necessary (and no, Simons is not a PG). There was a pretty sizeable cloud over Miller because of the legal stuff...and the Blazers have seemingly tended to avoid that kind of drama, post-jailblazers. And of course, the Blazers had Sharpe and Grant, who are two similar-ish players who would have made Miller play a role that maybe wouldn't have been ideal--just a spot up shooter...

Personally? I would probably lean towards Miller in a redraft, but I think it's waaaaaay too early to tell what either player is going to be--especially in the case of Scoot, who has had a lot more responsibilities laid on him as a 19-20yr old starting PG.

Scoot will be fine for sure. As you said he's playing a tough position and he's doing it on a young team. As he gets more experience I really think he will be a all-star caliber player in this league.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers