Game 56: Portland vs Miami 7:00pm Root,Root+ 

Post#1 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:14 am

vs.

Time: 7:00pm
Place: Moda Center
TV: Root, Root+

GLB of the game Zendaya
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Re: Game 56: Portland vs Miami 7:00pm Root,Root+ 

Post#2 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:00 am

1st quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#3 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:41 am

2nd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#4 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:15 am

3rd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#5 » by PDXKnight » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:43 am

Going to be 9
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#6 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:56 am

4th quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,964

Post#7 » by DusterBuster » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:27 am

I think I’m out on Simons tbh. I know it’s just a shooting slump, but I just don’t see the AS caliber player there. He’s better suited as a super 6th man, almost like a Jason Terry / Jamal Crawford type. He can win you games, but if his shots not there, he’s going to hurt you, so you need to be able to have a quick hook at times. That will never happen in Portland.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,964

Post#8 » by DusterBuster » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:28 am

Brandon-Clyde wrote:4th quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:

Can the loss consolation GLB be the Dune Two Popcorn Bucket?
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#9 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:34 am

Consolation GLB pic
Spoiler:
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#10 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:36 am

DusterBuster wrote:
Brandon-Clyde wrote:4th quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:

Can the loss consolation GLB be the Dune Two Popcorn Bucket?

I didn't even know there was such a thing (and considering that some people say it looks like a sex toy I am going to be very cautious about posting it)
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,533

Post#11 » by zzaj » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:53 am

DusterBuster wrote:I think I’m out on Simons tbh. I know it’s just a shooting slump, but I just don’t see the AS caliber player there. He’s better suited as a super 6th man, almost like a Jason Terry / Jamal Crawford type. He can win you games, but if his shots not there, he’s going to hurt you, so you need to be able to have a quick hook at times. That will never happen in Portland.

This is exactly what many of us have been saying for years now—ever since year 2 of his career. Sadly, he would be GREAT in that role…but it’ll never happen because of the way salaries are structured now.

My wish is that Scoot and Sharpe show enough consistency on both ends of the floor by the end of next year that they make Simons expendable, or force him into a microwave role.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,847

Post#12 » by Norm2953 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:58 am

I would wonder however if Sharpe has the motor and is motivated to be the player he has the talent
to be.

I see some mock drafts that mock SG's like Castle to Portland at 5
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Post#13 » by Case2012 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:07 am

It's gotta be bpa no matter what. No one including Sharpe has shown they have actual star potential yet, he had the skills and athleticism but the motor and IQ isn't there imo.

Mike Schmidt seemed like a sure thing as a draft guy but so far his choices have been pretty meh.. then again Chauncey is without a doubt the worst coach in the league. The lack of player development could be on the coaching staff.

Either way I still think we should completely bottom out while getting as many picks as possible to increase the odds of eventually landing on a stud. What OKC has pulled off has been incredible, trade Ayton, Grant, Malcom and Williams for as many picks and young players as possible.
Instagram: @casetwelve
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,890

Post#14 » by JasonStern » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:57 pm

zzaj wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:I think I’m out on Simons tbh. I know it’s just a shooting slump, but I just don’t see the AS caliber player there. He’s better suited as a super 6th man, almost like a Jason Terry / Jamal Crawford type. He can win you games, but if his shots not there, he’s going to hurt you, so you need to be able to have a quick hook at times. That will never happen in Portland.

This is exactly what many of us have been saying for years now—ever since year 2 of his career. Sadly, he would be GREAT in that role…but it’ll never happen because of the way salaries are structured now.

My wish is that Scoot and Sharpe show enough consistency on both ends of the floor by the end of next year that they make Simons expendable, or force him into a microwave role.

I don't recall anyone calling Simons an all-star caliber player. The few people that do defend him, like myself, have always made the shorter Jamal Crawford comparison, with youth and being on a reasonable contract being the other two positives.

Simons is a chucker. Scoot can't shoot. Ayton and Sharpe are lazy. Timelord and Brogdon are injury prone. This board complains about every player. /sigh
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,533

Post#15 » by zzaj » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:47 pm

JasonStern wrote:
zzaj wrote:

I don't recall anyone calling Simons an all-star caliber player. The few people that do defend him, like myself, have always made the shorter Jamal Crawford comparison, with youth and being on a reasonable contract being the other two positives.

Simons is a chucker. Scoot can't shoot. Ayton and Sharpe are lazy. Timelord and Brogdon are injury prone. This board complains about every player. /sigh

Well depends on how you define "Youth" and "reasonable". Simons is in year 6 of his career and turns 25 in June, he also gets paid 1/5th of the teams allowable salary to add 22 points to the Blazer scoreboard every game night. When does he become a "veteran"? I'd argue that he already is...

The positives for me are that he's getting better at finding shooters, so his assist numbers are at least respectable at about 5 per game and his FT attempts are climbing..but again, his ideal position would be microwave off the bench.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#16 » by gom » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:12 pm

Poor Zendaya.

Here's the popcorn bucket:

Enjoy!
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,841

Post#17 » by The Sebastian Express » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:47 pm

zzaj wrote:
JasonStern wrote:
zzaj wrote:

Well depends on how you define "Youth" and "reasonable". Simons is in year 6 of his career and turns 25 in June, he also gets paid 1/5th of the teams allowable salary to add 22 points to the Blazer scoreboard every game night. When does he become a "veteran"? I'd argue that he already is...

The positives for me are that he's getting better at finding shooters, so his assist numbers are at least respectable at about 5 per game and his FT attempts are climbing..but again, his ideal position would be microwave off the bench.

Yep. Should sell high on him when they can. Great kid, can be an elite shooter. Just don't think he can ever lead the team as the leader or from the point. And he's not big enough to cover the two.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers