Game 63: Portland vs Boston 7:30pm Root, Root+, NBAtv 

Post#1 » by Brandon-Clyde » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:41 am

vs.

Time: 7:3opm
Place: Moda Center
TV: Root,Root+

GLB of the game Lea Seydoux
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,234

Re: Game 63: Portland vs Boston 7:30pm Root, Root+, NBAtv 

Post#2 » by monopoman » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:31 pm

Should be a blowout win for Boston they look like the best team in the NBA this season. This would be quite the hilarious game to win though that's for damn sure.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,890

Post#3 » by JasonStern » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:23 pm

Finally get a game televised on something that people can actually watch, and it's likely a blowout loss to Boston.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#4 » by DaVoiceMaster » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:32 pm

JasonStern wrote:Finally get a game televised on something that people can actually watch, and it's likely a blowout loss to Boston.

Isn't the game on RooT? I'm on the east coast so I can actually watch my 2nd game this season because they have the NBA channels.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#5 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:29 am

1st quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#6 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:06 am

2nd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#7 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:39 am

3rd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
soobias
Pro Prospect
And1: 85

Post#8 » by soobias » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:11 am

i was going to wait til the end of the season and i hate to say it but to me i think i've seen enough of scoot to say i think he's a waste of the #3 pick. he might be a rotation player on a decent team but in my eyes hes not really a scorer or facilitator so going foward idk what kind of roll he'll be effective in . im not saying he's complete garbage but i dont think he's the future of winning bball. i could be wrong but i just dont see it.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#9 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:13 am

4th quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by DaVoiceMaster » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:23 am

I'm pretty sure you have to have control of the ball to call a timeout. WTF was that? They were out of bounds. It should be Blazers ball.
DaVoiceMaster
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by DaVoiceMaster » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:24 am

soobias wrote:i was going to wait til the end of the season and i hate to say it but to me i think i've seen enough of scoot to say i think he's a waste of the #3 pick. he might be a rotation player on a decent team but in my eyes hes not really a scorer or facilitator so going foward idk what kind of roll he'll be effective in . im not saying he's complete garbage but i dont think he's the future of winning bball. i could be wrong but i just dont see it.

I was really hoping the Blazers would get Miller.
DaVoiceMaster
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#12 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:32 am

Consolation GLB pic
Spoiler:
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,533

Post#13 » by zzaj » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:10 pm

soobias wrote:i was going to wait til the end of the season and i hate to say it but to me i think i've seen enough of scoot to say i think he's a waste of the #3 pick. he might be a rotation player on a decent team but in my eyes hes not really a scorer or facilitator so going foward idk what kind of roll he'll be effective in . im not saying he's complete garbage but i dont think he's the future of winning bball. i could be wrong but i just dont see it.

Who would you have taken at #3?

Amen is 8/5.5/2 and Ausar is 9/6.5/2...none of the top 10 in that draft are doing amazing except for the 2 that the Blazers couldn't have drafted.

If you're saying you wish the Blazers would have somehow traded up to get Miller, that's fine. Miller is 17/4.5/2.5 on almost a quarter more of basketball per game than Scoot. Miller is shooting below league average overall, and slightly above average from 3pt. It's not as bleak as it seems.

Scoot is 13/3/5 and has barely scratched the surface of what he's capable of at the toughest position in the NBA. Give him a couple years. Do I think he's going to be the next Derrick Rose? No. But I think it's very possible he can have a career like Kemba Walker--statistically he is tracking that way.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,890

Post#14 » by JasonStern » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:46 pm

zzaj wrote:

Amen is 8/5.5/2 and Ausar is 9/6.5/2...none of the top 10 in that draft are doing amazing except for the 2 that the Blazers couldn't have drafted.

If you're saying you wish the Blazers would have somehow traded up to get Miller, that's fine. Miller is 17/4.5/2.5 on almost a quarter more of basketball per game than Scoot. Miller is shooting below league average overall, and slightly above average from 3pt. It's not as bleak as it seems.

Scoot is 13/3/5 and has barely scratched the surface of what he's capable of at the toughest position in the NBA. Give him a couple years. Do I think he's going to be the next Derrick Rose? No. But I think it's very possible he can have a career like Kemba Walker--statistically he is tracking that way.

Kemba is a good comparison. I've always linked him more to Ricky Rubio, who had a solid NBA career. Facilitator. Made some plays. Occasionally scored points. Just not "the next Steve Nash" level that the hype train had pre-draft. Same with how Scoot doesn't look like "the next Westbrook" - at least not prime Westbrook. Not a negativity knock.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,906

Post#15 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:53 pm

Posting the raw stats of the Thompson twins is a bit disingenuous - they have both shown elite defensive abilities which isnt going to be fleshed out in a simple ppg/apg/rpg stat line.

The player we thought we were getting in Scoot (IE a Rose lite') is someone you take over the Thompson twins. But if Scoot is only destined to be a role player I certainly would take the taller, more athletic, better defensive super role players that the Thompsons' project over the type of role player Scoot will project.

I want to say he could be Marcus Smart but I dont see the same defensive IQ or hustle (Not saying Scoot doesnt hustle, just that Smart is a uniquely intense hustle guy).

The guy Scoot reminds me the most of right now is Dennis Smith JR.

Also why on earth is Kris getting the starting nod over Camara. Outside one being a SRP and one being a FRP I can see zero reasoning. Murray has not displayed a single skill that I would say is better than anything Camara has to offer.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by DaVoiceMaster » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:20 pm

zzaj wrote:

The Blazers could have chosen Damian Lillard over the #3 pick.
DaVoiceMaster
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
The Sebastian Express
And1: 9,841

Post#17 » by The Sebastian Express » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:05 pm

Alternatively, ignoring the horrendous shooting of the Thompson twins is also disingenuous. While shooting 30% from three is not good by any means, 82% free throw percentage is encouraging.

Where shooting 16% and 64% and then 19% and 60% is a whole different level of 'not good' and does not enter into 'is encouraging'.

(I like the Thompson twins, just a fyi, but their shooting was a major concern before the draft and is significantly worse than one could've imagined while older).
zzaj
General Manager

Post#18 » by zzaj » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:29 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:Posting the raw stats of the Thompson twins is a bit disingenuous - they have both shown elite defensive abilities which isnt going to be fleshed out in a simple ppg/apg/rpg stat line.

The player we thought we were getting in Scoot (IE a Rose lite') is someone you take over the Thompson twins. But if Scoot is only destined to be a role player I certainly would take the taller, more athletic, better defensive super role players that the Thompsons' project over the type of role player Scoot will project.

I want to say he could be Marcus Smart but I dont see the same defensive IQ or hustle (Not saying Scoot doesnt hustle, just that Smart is a uniquely intense hustle guy).

The guy Scoot reminds me the most of right now is Dennis Smith JR.

Also why on earth is Kris getting the starting nod over Camara. Outside one being a SRP and one being a FRP I can see zero reasoning. Murray has not displayed a single skill that I would say is better than anything Camara has to offer.

So would you have taken either of the Thompson's over Scoot then?
zzaj
General Manager

Post#19 » by zzaj » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:31 pm

DaVoiceMaster wrote:
zzaj wrote:

The Blazers could have chosen Damian Lillard over the #3 pick.

I don't think they would have, personally. I think Lillard was ready for a change and I don't think a player that the #3 pick would have fetched was going to change that. I also think that behind closed doors the Blazers were ready to move on from Lillard. Basically, every move other than Grant signaled that.
Blaze the Nugz
Sixth Man
And1: 95

Post#20 » by Blaze the Nugz » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:00 am

It's hard to see any path for the Thompson twins to not be offensive liabilities for the entirety of their careers. Scoot, on the other hand, has the tools to be a primary ballhandler, initiator, and possibly even scorer. Cronin went for high upside and I can't blame him. You won't be successful in the playoffs without elite talent. Outside of the top two picks, I don't see anyone in that draft with as much upside as Scoot. I'd still pick him #3 given the options available.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers