Game 68: Portland vs Chicago 5:00pm Root, Root+ 

Post#1 » by Brandon-Clyde » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:33 am

vs.

Time: 5:00pm
Place: Chicago
TV: Root+

GLB of the game Erin Richards
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Re: Game 68: Portland vs Chicago 5:00pm Root, Root+ 

Post#2 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:05 am

1st quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#3 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:40 am

2nd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#4 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:23 am

3rd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#5 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:53 am

4th quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,841

Post#6 » by The Sebastian Express » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:20 am

Glad we can sit Scoot because he got a turnover for setting a slightly moving screen to get a teammate open but Chauncey can continue his Banton infatuation (who has only one less turnover than Scoot and two here in the last minute and a half as I write this) so we can try to eek out a win against a bad (we're worse) Bulls team that's completely meaningless and probably harmful, actually.

Woooooooo, go Chauncey.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#7 » by PDXKnight » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:34 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:Glad we can sit Scoot because he got a turnover for setting a slightly moving screen to get a teammate open but Chauncey can continue his Banton infatuation (who has only one less turnover than Scoot and two here in the last minute and a half as I write this) so we can try to eek out a win against a bad (we're worse) Bulls team that's completely meaningless and probably harmful, actually.

Woooooooo, go Chauncey.

Scoot hasn't looked great the last 5-10 games since he returned
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#8 » by Brandon-Clyde » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:35 am

Consolation GLB pic
Spoiler:
The Sebastian Express
And1: 9,841

Post#9 » by The Sebastian Express » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:46 am

PDXKnight wrote:
The Sebastian Express wrote:Glad we can sit Scoot because he got a turnover for setting a slightly moving screen to get a teammate open but Chauncey can continue his Banton infatuation (who has only one less turnover than Scoot and two here in the last minute and a half as I write this) so we can try to eek out a win against a bad (we're worse) Bulls team that's completely meaningless and probably harmful, actually.

Woooooooo, go Chauncey.

And that addresses nothing in my post nor talks about the idea that maybe he's struggling because he's getting jerked around a lot by questionable coaching. Please see the bench, start, bench, start with the 'minutes restriction excuse' and Chauncey's infatuation with Banton who's desire to toss up shots should be studied.
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#10 » by Shem » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:38 am

Woooooooo, go Chauncey.

Scoot got to play 30 minutes and shot 4-17. And honestly he hasn't looked very good since coming back from injury. Part of it is that he doesn't look quite right. Like he's still not 100%. Watch the way he moves sometimes. It sort of but not quite as bad as Dame looked when he played injured and only played 29 games before finally getting the surgery he needed. However, Scoot looks like he needs to do some healing.

The Sebastian Express wrote:And that addresses nothing in my post nor talks about the idea that maybe he's struggling because he's getting jerked around a lot by questionable coaching. Please see the bench, start, bench, start with the 'minutes restriction excuse' and Chauncey's infatuation with Banton who's desire to toss up shots should be studied.

Banton got 3 minutes more playing time than Scoot and made 4 shots which is the same amount of shots Scoot made, but with 10 less attempts. And honestly, Bandon looked better out there tonight.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#11 » by Shem » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:42 pm

This is amazing!!!

Read on Twitter
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,906

Post#12 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Banton has looked better than Scoot since the moment we traded for him. Scoot has been abysmal since coming back from injury. He was notably horrible in this game.

His inability to finish at the rim is just breathtaking. Its so bad I cant even understand how its possible.
valleyman33
Junior
And1: 37

Post#13 » by valleyman33 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:42 pm

Woooooooo, go Chauncey.

Not saying he will be anywhere near as good, but sounds a little like Scoot:
From lastwordonsports.com
"Despite drafting him with the third overall pick in the 1997 NBA draft, the Boston Celtics made a trade to send Chauncey Billups to the Toronto Raptors in the middle of his rookie season. This was an unpopular move at the time and has not aged well nearly three decades later. Billups went on to become an NBA champion and Finals MVP during his Hall of Fame-caliber career. Sure, there was no telling Billups was going to blossom into this type of player while with the Celtics, but it is easy to see why this trade was unpopular even back then. Trading a top-three draft pick at the following year’s trade deadline is rare. Plus, Billups was a pretty good basketball player in his rookie season already–averaging 11.1 points and 4.3 assists over 25.4 minutes per game with the Celtics."
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right."
Henry Ford
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#14 » by PDXKnight » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:20 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:
PDXKnight wrote:

Woooooooo, go Chauncey.

And that addresses nothing in my post nor talks about the idea that maybe he's struggling because he's getting jerked around a lot by questionable coaching. Please see the bench, start, bench, start with the 'minutes restriction excuse' and Chauncey's infatuation with Banton who's desire to toss up shots should be studied.

I don't disagree with this

Return to Portland Trail Blazers