Game 74: Portland vs Miami 5:00pm Root,Root+ 

Post#1 » by Brandon-Clyde » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:12 am

vs.

Time: 5:00pm
Place: Miami
TV: Root, Root+

GLB of the game Jordana Brewster
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Re: Game 74: portland vs Miami 5:00pm Root,Root+ 

Post#2 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:09 am

1st quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Re: Game 74: Portland vs Miami 5:00pm Root,Root+ 

Post#3 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:38 am

2nd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#4 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:09 am

3rd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#5 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 am

Could this be the game that seals Billups fate?
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#6 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:44 am

4th quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#7 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:19 am

Consolation GLB pic
Spoiler:
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#8 » by Shem » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:30 am

Brandon-Clyde wrote:Could this be the game that seals Billups fate?

Billups can't make his team start hitting open jumpers and botching layups. Heck even getting the ball stripped from them. The Blazers have the worst at the rip FG% in the league and that's because of a lack of talent. Watching Scoot rim check a layup was Shaqtin a Fool type of stuff, but a reminder of how bad this team including Scoot is at FG% at the rim.

What do you do when a team constantly misses wide open test the wind shots while your opponent is swished contested shots throughout the game? I've seen this happen countless times this season. And guess what? San Antonio has the same problem. Enough of their games have been on national TV this year because of Wemby being on that team that I've seen enough of the same type of problems there too. And guess who is San Antonio's coach? Gregg Popovich. You'd think he's one of the worst coaches in the league by the play of the Spurs the last 4 seasons.

The Blazers don't have the right talent to compete right now. Even Phil Jackson couldn't save this team from its fate this season. It also doesn't hurt that the main core of players have missed a lot of games this year.

-Simons has missed 28 games
-Grant has missed 20 games
-Ayton has missed 26 games
-Brogdon has missed 35 games
-Sharpe has missed 42 games
-Scoot has missed 19 games

But please continue to think it's Chauncey's fault. :crazy: :noway:
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Shem
RealGM

Post#9 » by Shem » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:41 am

I'll be honest. The more I watch Scoot, the more I am reminded of Russell Westbrook. Which means the less I get excited about him. I'm not a fan of Westbrook's game. Of course there are differences, but he's very similar to him. Westbrook early in his career was very reckless. I still remember Andre Miller carving him up and exploiting Westbrook's recklessness and making a fool out of him when Westbrook was new to the league.

Scoot is very reckless as well. I can't help but see the resemblance of the types shots and bad misses Scott and Westbrook do. The thing is I can't recall how bad it was for Westbrook in terms of his early career recklessness because it was well over a decade ago. But I'm starting to think Scoot is more of a poor man's Westbrook which is very bad IMO. But I would have to comb through a lot of early Westbrook highlights (or lowlights in this case) which I'm not going to do.

I'm just less sold on him the more i watch him play. I really hope I'm proven wrong since he's on my team. But if the Blazers were to hypothetically trade him this offseason, I wouldn't be upset about it.
April 4, 2014:

m0ng0
Senior
And1: 124

Post#10 » by m0ng0 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:19 am

Trading our 3rd pick in the draft because he is not lighting the world on fire at 19 is a bit silly
BNM
Analyst
And1: 4,198

Post#11 » by BNM » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:11 am

Don't get your hopes up. If they haven't fired him by now, they aren't going to.
BNM
Analyst
And1: 4,198

Post#12 » by BNM » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:15 am

Shem wrote:

Billups can't make his team start hitting open jumpers and botching layups. Heck even getting the ball stripped from them. The Blazers have the worst at the rip FG% in the league and that's because of a lack of talent. Watching Scoot rim check a layup was Shaqtin a Fool type of stuff, but a reminder of how bad this team including Scoot is at FG% at the rim.

What do you do when a team constantly misses wide open test the wind shots while your opponent is swished contested shots throughout the game? I've seen this happen countless times this season. And guess what? San Antonio has the same problem. Enough of their games have been on national TV this year because of Wemby being on that team that I've seen enough of the same type of problems there too. And guess who is San Antonio's coach? Gregg Popovich. You'd think he's one of the worst coaches in the league by the play of the Spurs the last 4 seasons.

The Blazers don't have the right talent to compete right now. Even Phil Jackson couldn't save this team from its fate this season. It also doesn't hurt that the main core of players have missed a lot of games this year.

Yawn...

Always with the excuses. Poor Chauncey is the victim here. The team couldn't hold a double digit lead when they were a healthy, veteran team trying to win and the young players are not developing. If anything, they are getting worse.

In three seasons I have seen zero evidence that Chauncey is, or will ever be, a competent NBA head coach. None. Zip. Nada.
Shem
RealGM

Post#13 » by Shem » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:18 am

BNM wrote:
Shem wrote:

Yawn...

Always with the excuses. Poor Chauncey is the victim here. The team couldn't hold a double digit lead when they were a healthy, veteran team trying to win and the young players are not developing. If anything, they are getting worse.

In three seasons I have seen zero evidence that Chauncey is, or will ever be, a competent NBA head coach. None. Zip. Nada.

And always the "fire Billups" crowd hates facts. Yeah, don't bring out all the games core players missed via injury. Goes against the narrative... the propaganda. I'm sorry, you guys don't live in reality. Your reality is if we had a coach like Phil Jackson, he could bring a team with G-League talent into the Finals right away.
April 4, 2014:

Shem
RealGM

Post#14 » by Shem » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:15 am

Speaking of me railing on Scoot 2-3 hours ago on this thread. This just came to my attention.

Read on Twitter

:noway:
April 4, 2014:

Shem
RealGM

Post#15 » by Shem » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:40 am

Okay it got worse. Scoot not only holds the highest minus in NBA history, but he also has the 3rd highest as well.

Read on Twitter

:banghead:
April 4, 2014:

TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,206

Post#16 » by TroubleS0me » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:35 pm

no Lillard deal no mercy
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,890

Post#17 » by JasonStern » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:50 pm

No. But it's blatant that we're intentionally tanking and resting players despite anything Sebastian Express tries to tell you. Playing young guys and g-league players to see who is worth retaining.

But the Blazers are pretty much unwatchable. You'd think this is the perfect time to give free tickets to schools.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,964

Post#18 » by DusterBuster » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:02 pm

It should. It probably won’t, but it damn well should. Losing multiple games by 60 points in a season is unheard of, even by tanking teams standards. There’s just zero excuse for that.

Good coaches can get a lot out of a little. Billups has never once shown he can consistently do that.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,964

Post#19 » by DusterBuster » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:02 pm

TroubleS0me wrote:no Lillard deal no mercy

No one cares bro, we’ve moved on. Try doing the same.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#20 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:07 pm

TroubleS0me wrote:no Lillard deal no mercy

You still don't have Lillard and it only counts as one game.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers