Game 78: Portland vs Boston 3:00pm Root, Root+ 

Post#1 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sun Apr 7, 2024 3:35 am

vs.

Time: 7:3opm
Place: Moda Center
TV: Root,Root+

GLB of the game Marie Avgeropoulos
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Re: Game 78: Portland vs Boston 3:)) Root, Root+ 

Post#2 » by PDXKnight » Sun Apr 7, 2024 4:42 am

15 point loss
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,235

Re: Game 78: Portland vs Boston 3:00pm Root, Root+ 

Post#3 » by monopoman » Sun Apr 7, 2024 10:32 am

This might be a close game, the Celtics have the #1 seed locked up no matter what even if they lose out. I'm sure they will still play their best players some minutes but I would not be surprised to see them rest for a portion of the game even if it's a close game.
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,369

Post#4 » by Gant » Sun Apr 7, 2024 2:08 pm

monopoman wrote:This might be a close game, the Celtics have the #1 seed locked up no matter what even if they lose out. I'm sure they will still play their best players some minutes but I would not be surprised to see them rest for a portion of the game even if it's a close game.

The Celtics bench would be a lot less experienced today if the Maine Celtics weren't taking their youngest players away for a G League playoff game at the same time. But you're right, they'll go as deep into the reserves as they can.
HoopsFanAZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 310

Post#5 » by HoopsFanAZ » Sun Apr 7, 2024 6:51 pm

Both teams play hard. A must lose for the Blazers to lock up that 5th spot pre-lottery. Take no chances on improving the chances.
:banghead:
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,854

Post#6 » by Norm2953 » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:27 pm

Toronto fans must be livid their team broke their 15 game losing streak, giving Portland a
three game margin for fifth place.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,656

Post#7 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sun Apr 7, 2024 10:01 pm

1st quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#8 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sun Apr 7, 2024 10:36 pm

2nd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#9 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sun Apr 7, 2024 11:08 pm

3rd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#10 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sun Apr 7, 2024 11:39 pm

4th quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#11 » by Brandon-Clyde » Mon Apr 8, 2024 12:07 am

Consolation GLB pic
Spoiler:
m0ng0
Senior
And1: 124

Post#12 » by m0ng0 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 12:28 am

Hey good loss!!!
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Post#13 » by Shem » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:38 am

I figured there would be some Banton talk because of his 28 point and 9 assist game by the Celtics board. Here they are.

Dogen wrote:Where did Banton find this shot? He's like a different guy.

NuckyPowell wrote:Banton is nice for them off the bench. Why can't we ever get a guy like that?

Dogen wrote:GET ME DALANO BANTON!!!

meatball sub wrote:Banton has completely taken over this Blazer team from Scoot lmfao

24istheLAW wrote:Partly a credit to Dalano.

It'll get (fairly) swept under the rug since we're so good regardless of the two players in question, but I said at the time that giving up on Banton for Springer didn't add up at all, and I'm still there. There was always clearly an NBA player in Banton. Too long, too skilled, too much floor game. The only question was when it would click rather than if. Can't say the same about Springer. Maybe there's a team control argument - we can resign Springer into the tax but not Banton? Or maybe Banton's character in the locker room was deemed untenable? Because dumping a guy for a smaller, more unskilled, more expensive option doesn't seem justifiable on bball terms.

meatball sub wrote:Banton needed more reps, consistent playing time to develop. Even though he’s putting up numbers the Blazers have only won 2 or 3 games since he’s been there. Doesn’t mean he won’t be able to contribute to winning basketball eventually, but this wasn’t the best environment for him since we can’t provide him 20+ min per game to really let him develop
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
m0ng0
Senior

Post#14 » by m0ng0 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:40 pm

I remember when Delano was just a scrub who could not and would not even crack our roster...its funny how people judge so much. Dude can play and just needed reps to get it, something we need to remember with our young squad.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,919

Post#15 » by BlazersBroncos » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:43 pm

m0ng0 wrote:I remember when Delano was just a scrub who could not and would not even crack our roster...its funny how people judge so much. Dude can play and just needed reps to get it, something we need to remember with our young squad.

He has been a nice surprise but there is a long list of guys that couldnt crack a good teams roster and put up big numbers on absolute crap teams like our own.

I want to see more, but its not a guarantee that the kid is a rotation guy on a team playing for something real.
m0ng0
Senior

Post#16 » by m0ng0 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 3:59 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:
m0ng0 wrote:I remember when Delano was just a scrub who could not and would not even crack our roster...its funny how people judge so much. Dude can play and just needed reps to get it, something we need to remember with our young squad.

He has been a nice surprise but there is a long list of guys that couldnt crack a good teams roster and put up big numbers on absolute crap teams like our own.

I want to see more, but its not a guarantee that the kid is a rotation guy on a team playing for something real.

Nobody realistically expected us to be playing for something real this year, but he is developing a role, same with Walker, Reath and Camara! Get Aytons head on straight (that is his real weakness) Grant plays the 3, figure out the Scoot, Simon's, Sharpe, and Brogdon issue and things will start clicking. The problem this year is so many injuries and no chemistry being built, but on the plus side is some diamonds in the rough are taking advantage of the extra reps.

Look to the long game, we have 2 decent picks coming up and personally I don't think Billups is a bad coach, just been dealt a bit of a bad hand and he has never been a head coach in the show before.
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Post#17 » by Shem » Mon Apr 8, 2024 9:37 pm

m0ng0 wrote:I don't think Billups is a bad coach, just been dealt a bit of a bad hand and he has never been a head coach in the show before.

I found out recently that Banton credits Billups for his good play since joining the team. When Banton arrived in Portland, he was dealing with confidence issues. Billups pulled him aside and shared his personal story of being on 5 teams in 6 seasons. Basically told him that he understood what Banton was going through. Then told Banton that he believed in him and would do what he can to help him succeed. Not many coaches have that ability to do that.

The thing is that many around here and social media don't realize how much the players love Billups. It's stories like Banton is why players love him. Billups even continues to tell Scoot that he believes in him and eventually he'll figure it out. He sure believe in him more than I do at this point.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,162

Post#18 » by Dame Lizard » Mon Apr 8, 2024 10:03 pm

Shem wrote:
m0ng0 wrote:I don't think Billups is a bad coach, just been dealt a bit of a bad hand and he has never been a head coach in the show before.

I found out recently that Banton credits Billups for his good play since joining the team. When Banton arrived in Portland, he was dealing with confidence issues. Billups pulled him aside and shared his personal story of being on 5 teams in 6 seasons. Basically told him that he understood what Banton was going through. Then told Banton that he believed in him and would do what he can to help him succeed. Not many coaches have that ability to do that.

The thing is that many around here and social media don't realize how much the players love Billups. It's stories like Banton is why players love him. Billups even continues to tell Scoot that he believes in him and eventually he'll figure it out. He sure believe in him more than I do at this point.
Billups problem isn't individual player coaching. It's team strategy. His ability to make adjustments and challenge the right plays leaves a lot to be desired.
m0ng0
Senior

Post#19 » by m0ng0 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 11:35 pm

Dame Lizard wrote:
Shem wrote:

Billups problem isn't individual player coaching. It's team strategy. His ability to make adjustments and challenge the right plays leaves a lot to be desired.

I agree!!! But can his x and o get better? Absolutely, maybe hire someone as an assistant. I do believe he has the lockeroom and can make some adjustments during this off-season and with a healthy roster this could be fun, instead of the mentality of throwing turds against the wall and see which one sticks.
Tim Lehrbach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,959

Post#20 » by Tim Lehrbach » Tue Apr 9, 2024 5:45 am

I don't discount the possible merits of Chauncey's coaching. He still has a lot to answer for. I think his roster sucks. But it didn't last season. And where's the overachievement we just love attributing to plucky, player-friendly coaches or wunderkind strategists? I don't pretend to know how to measure the effectiveness of NBA coaching. I do know that in the biz, results matter, and his stink.
Clipsz 4 Life
January 20, 2002-May 17, 2006
Saxon
February 20, 2001-August 9, 2007

Return to Portland Trail Blazers