ImageImage

What the heck is up with Root Sports Plus?

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

valleyman33
Junior
And1: 37

What the heck is up with Root Sports Plus? 

Post#1 » by valleyman33 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:34 pm

This is the second time my DVR did not record a Blazer game because it was listed as a Kraken game. At least for the Pelicans game I caught it at halftime. I went to the replay a couple of hours after to watch the 1st half and it was still listed as a replay of the Kraken game. Wish there was somewhere else to watch the games... :noway:
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right."
Henry Ford
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,892

Re: What the heck is up with Root Sports Plus? 

Post#2 » by JasonStern » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:18 pm

I can't get Root. And the Blazers are bad enough that NBAtv wants nothing to do with them. So, it's YouTube highlights for me.
"I don't get timeouts. You're getting paid millions. Go do basketball things."
- Chauncey Billups
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#3 » by Brandon-Clyde » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:56 pm

Remember it is a Seattle based network (owned by the Mariners organization). The Blazers need to find a network that will focus more on them after this contract expires.
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,168

Post#4 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:20 pm

Boycotting Root sports because they systematically removed all the cheapest options they had when they first acquired the Blazers rights and have only the premium services available now. I hate when businesses drive out competition and then jack up prices when they have control of a market so f them, not getting one cent more from me. Not that they or the Blazers really care but its to make myself feel better about not spending 80 bucks a month to watch this current team.
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,843

Post#5 » by The Sebastian Express » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:55 pm

Danny Marang reported the Blazers will be revisiting the Roots situation this summer. Or rather exploring what options they can take, apparently? (I believe the contact runs to the summer of 2025 and I think Marang and Highkin have both alluded Portland might be going the over-the-air/Phoenix method then or setting up their own stream option).

Root sports is just awful. A joke. Pathetic. Not only is the broadcast quality terrible (and I put that on Root not the Blazers), but also it's ridiculous that the Blazers are bumped to Root Sports Plus for games in Oregon. I live in the middle of Oregon. I don't care about the mariners or Kraken! Stop puttung them and their psot game shows or whatever as a primary option ahead of the Blazers.
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#6 » by Shem » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:21 pm

The Sebastian Express wrote:Root sports is just awful. A joke. Pathetic. Not only is the broadcast quality terrible (and I put that on Root not the Blazers), but also it's ridiculous that the Blazers are bumped to Root Sports Plus for games in Oregon. I live in the middle of Oregon. I don't care about the mariners or Kraken! Stop puttung them and their psot game shows or whatever as a primary option ahead of the Blazers.

I'm with you on that one. I was able to luckily drop the sports package to get the premium package (which has all the sports channels anyway) and bundle a deal by dropping my internet speed a little bit (which I knew I wouldn't notice the way I use my internet) that saves me $2 a month when ROOT moved to the premium package to watch the Blazers. But not everybody was as lucky as I was to be able to maneuver that.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas

Return to Portland Trail Blazers