Game 80 : Portland vs Golden State 7:00pm Root,Root+ 

Post#1 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:18 pm

vs.

Time: 7:00pm
Place: Moda Center
TV: Root, Root+

GLB of the game Angel Reese
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
soobias
Pro Prospect
And1: 85

Re: Game 80 : Portland vs Golden State 7:00pm Root,Root+ 

Post#2 » by soobias » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:05 am

should be an easy "L" tonight.
lets goooooooooooooooooo
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#3 » by Brandon-Clyde » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:58 am

1st quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,971

Post#4 » by DusterBuster » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:39 am

Wtf was Billups doing just not starting Scoot from day 1. Who cares how bad he looked. Injury aside, he could have been getting comfortable with the NBA game in January vs doing this in **** April.

What pisses me off the most about this season is it feels like literally nothing was accomplished. There’s not a single thing you can point to of how the team is moving forward or really improved. Scoot needed to play through his lumps, not be babied.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#5 » by Brandon-Clyde » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:41 am

2nd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#6 » by Brandon-Clyde » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:14 am

3rd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,850

Post#7 » by Norm2953 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:26 am

DusterBuster wrote:Wtf was Billups doing just not starting Scoot from day 1. Who cares how bad he looked. Injury aside, he could have been getting comfortable with the NBA game in January vs doing this in **** April.

What pisses me off the most about this season is it feels like literally nothing was accomplished. There’s not a single thing you can point to of how the team is moving forward or really improved. Scoot needed to play through his lumps, not be babied.

Scoot was battling a lot of injuries early on but he's been playing better

Here's hoping he stays healthy and after summer league and off season workouts, he'll settle in as
a 14 ppg/ 7 APG as a second year player
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#8 » by DusterBuster » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:31 am

Norm2953 wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:Wtf was Billups doing just not starting Scoot from day 1. Who cares how bad he looked. Injury aside, he could have been getting comfortable with the NBA game in January vs doing this in **** April.

Here's hoping he stays healthy and after summer league and off season workouts, he'll settle in as

Yeah, I said injuries aside. He struggled with that intro and not much you can do about that, but the decision to keep him coming off the bench as long as he did was not related to the injuries.

Cronin didn’t cash in on Brogdon while he was healthy and playing well, Billups just kept Scoot on the bench to baby him, just… literally no positives to take
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#9 » by Brandon-Clyde » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:51 am

4th quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#10 » by Brandon-Clyde » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:20 am

Consolation GLB pic
Spoiler:
tacos
Senior
And1: 385

Post#11 » by tacos » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:32 am

I'd like to see less than 9 turnovers from scoot
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#12 » by Shem » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:02 am

DusterBuster wrote:
Norm2953 wrote:

Yeah, I said injuries aside. He struggled with that intro and not much you can do about that, but the decision to keep him coming off the bench as long as he did was not related to the injuries.

It was because Billups elected to start Sharpe instead. And at the time, it was the right move since Scoot was really struggling. It took some pressure off of him and he still got quality playing time anyway.

DusterBuster wrote:Cronin didn’t cash in on Brogdon while he was healthy and playing well, Billups just kept Scoot on the bench to baby him, just… literally no positives to take

Ant was part of the reason why Scoot didn't start for a time.

BTW, Brogdon is Portland's MVP this year. The Blazers are 15-24 when Brogdon plays and 6-35 without him. Plus, he's another coach for this young squad. Many of our young players really love his veteran presence. Plus, Brogdon knows how to win and you need guys like that on your roster to help teach the younglings.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Pattycakes
General Manager
And1: 1,472

Post#13 » by Pattycakes » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:47 am

Norm2953 wrote:

He’s already looking like a 14/7 player at this point, compensating for early season struggles now statistically. I always knew a 20 yr old pg could come around. Love how quickly people give up. Take notes
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#14 » by DusterBuster » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:15 pm

Shem wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
Norm2953 wrote:

It was because Billups elected to start Sharpe instead. And at the time, it was the right move since Scoot was really struggling. It took some pressure off of him and he still got quality playing time anyway.

DusterBuster wrote:Cronin didn’t cash in on Brogdon while he was healthy and playing well, Billups just kept Scoot on the bench to baby him, just… literally no positives to take

Ant was part of the reason why Scoot didn't start for a time.

BTW, Brogdon is Portland's MVP this year. The Blazers are 15-24 when Brogdon plays and 6-35 without him. Plus, he's another coach for this young squad. Many of our young players really love his veteran presence. Plus, Brogdon knows how to win and you need guys like that on your roster to help teach the younglings.

There’s no such thing as an MVP when you’re 15-24 lmao.

Billups should have just started Scoot, Ant and Sharpe as you’re 1-3.

Billups wasted valuable time he could have been using to develop Scoot for what? What did playing those guys over him really do positive. They got maybe 2-4 extra wins in a season where they struggled to get over 20 wins and lost by 60 multiple times. Whoopty **** do. Seriously don’t understand what your standing up for here.
m0ng0
Senior
And1: 124

Post#15 » by m0ng0 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:29 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
There’s no such thing as an MVP when you’re 15-24 lmao.

Billups should have just started Scoot, Ant and Sharpe as you’re 1-3.

Billups wasted valuable time he could have been using to develop Scoot for what? What did playing those guys over him really do positive. They got maybe 2-4 extra wins in a season where they struggled to get over 20 wins and lost by 60 multiple times. Whoopty **** do. Seriously don’t understand what your standing up for here.

I would raise you Ant, Scoot, Sharpe Walker and Ayton. Brogdon could coach from the bench and as 6th man. Players need reps TOGETHER, that's how chemistry works. Sub in and out as injuries happen, but make it known this is our lineup until something happens.

The goal starting this season was development and chemistry. People get pissed when we win, they get mad when we lose, people fretting over draft picks while bitching that it's a poor draft class wtf?!?! What is ït you want? Bitchng about the coaches, the owners, the cable network. Everybody can do it better obviously.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,892

Post#16 » by JasonStern » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:37 pm

DusterBuster wrote:What pisses me off the most about this season is it feels like literally nothing was accomplished. There’s not a single thing you can point to of how the team is moving forward or really improved.

Banton and Camara were nice surprises. And we're finally done with Andrew Nicholson's dead weight stretched contract. Not exactly the sexiest moves. But, there is at least that.
"I don't get timeouts. You're getting paid millions. Go do basketball things."
- Chauncey Billups
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,534

Post#17 » by zzaj » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:48 pm

tacos wrote:I'd like to see less than 9 turnovers from scoot

Agreed. He's shown willingness and vision with his passing. But if everybody knows that he's going to pass he's easy to defend. Consistency and efficiency are the things that need to be unlocked for Scoot to become a good player. IMO, he needs to establish at least one consistent mode of scoring in order to unlock that. Currently, probably the fastest path for him to add a consistent offensive weapon is in the mid-range. He did well there in the Gleague.

One thing I've been VERY disappointed in this season is the Blazers' pace. A lot of that is on Chauncey. Scoot, Sharpe, and Ant all would do well in a more uptempo system.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#18 » by DusterBuster » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:51 pm

JasonStern wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:What pisses me off the most about this season is it feels like literally nothing was accomplished. There’s not a single thing you can point to of how the team is moving forward or really improved.

Banton and Camara were nice surprises. And we're finally done with Andrew Nicholson's dead weight stretched contract. Not exactly the sexiest moves. But, there is at least that.

Banton is just this years Skylar May’s. Nice story I guess when nothing else was happening. Camara has a chance to be a good glue guy, but without a shot he’s just a rookie version of Thybulle.
Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,162

Post#19 » by Dame Lizard » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:28 pm

Pattycakes wrote:
Norm2953 wrote:

He’s already looking like a 14/7 player at this point, compensating for early season struggles now statistically. I always knew a 20 yr old pg could come around. Love how quickly people give up. Take notes
It's hard to call him a 14ppg player when he needs 14+ shots to score the 14ppg.

I haven't actually looked at the stats for the record, but his efficiency has been poor. I have confidence that this will improve, but let's not give him his flowers too early.
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#20 » by Shem » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:42 am

DusterBuster wrote:There’s no such thing as an MVP when you’re 15-24 lmao.

Whatever, Brogdon is Portland's best player. The point I was trying to make that his impact on the team is valuable in terms of learning to win.

DusterBuster wrote:Billups should have just started Scoot, Ant and Sharpe as you’re 1-3.

Ant should be a 6th man if it were up to me. But politics plays a part in sports. With Ant and the money Portland has invested in him, it's hard to justify not starting him.

DusterBuster wrote:Billups wasted valuable time he could have been using to develop Scoot for what?

If you don't think Scoot didn't get enough minutes to develop this year, then I have a bridge in Baltimore to sell you. The worst part you should be mad about is that Scoot missed 19 games via injury.

Personally, I would be more upset with Sharpe who will miss 50 games by the time this season ends. That was a bigger blow to the season than Scoot's development.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas

Return to Portland Trail Blazers