No
90%

Total votes: 10

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,845

Any interest in Brandon Ingram? 

Post#1 » by cdubbz » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:59 am

If the Pelicans end up losing this series - Ingram could be on the block with the rise of Trey Murphy.

Ingram has not played a full season or a semi full season...ever. A 62 game season is considered good for him. Other than that he is a solid SF, but can be considered average and more of a 3rd option on a winning team.

Blazers recieve: Brandon Ingram
Pelicans recieve: Brogdon & Williams III.

Why for Blazers? Brogdon is expiring & Williams would be on the trading block anyways. BI contract is coming to an end as well. BI missing games will help the tank, BI playing will help compete and still give Blazers a good mix of veterans and project draft picks.

Why for Pelicans? They get depth with a veteran PG and a backup C. Not sure Pelicans can demand draft picks for BI (2nd rounders, fine) due to his availability.

This does not have to be the trade, but just an example. Trying to see the interest for potential trade targets.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
tester551
Analyst
And1: 823

Re: Any interest in Brandon Ingram? 

Post#2 » by tester551 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:45 am

cdubbz wrote:If the Pelicans end up losing this series - Ingram could be on the block with the rise of Trey Murphy.

Ingram has not played a full season or a semi full season...ever. A 62 game season is considered good for him. Other than that he is a solid SF, but can be considered average and more of a 3rd option on a winning team.

Why for Blazers? Brogdon is expiring & Williams would be on the trading block anyways. BI contract is coming to an end as well. BI missing games will help the tank, BI playing will help compete and still give Blazers a good mix of veterans and project draft picks.

Why for Pelicans? They get depth with a veteran PG and a backup C. Not sure Pelicans can demand draft picks for BI (2nd rounders, fine) due to his availability.

This does not have to be the trade, but just an example. Trying to see the interest for potential trade targets.

Pels would want more than Brogdon & RW3.

Given BI injury history & that he's baked in 1/2 the games he plays in.... I would pass on BI
Pattycakes
General Manager
And1: 1,481

Post#3 » by Pattycakes » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:24 pm

I said no, but if Brogdon is the cost it’s at least tempting. Better off getting a good pick or young asset for Malcolm.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,458

Post#4 » by JRoy » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:36 pm

POR needs to be wary of investing in expensive players with injury issues.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,845

Post#5 » by cdubbz » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:28 pm

tester551 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:If the Pelicans end up losing this series - Ingram could be on the block with the rise of Trey Murphy.

Pels would want more than Brogdon & RW3.

Given BI injury history & that he's baked in 1/2 the games he plays in.... I would pass on BI

:lol: Reminds me of a young Tmac with his demeanor and eyes.
Yeah I would think the Pels would HAVE to sell low on BI with his injury history. Hard to see a team giving up something of real value for a half season player.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,855

Post#6 » by Norm2953 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:20 pm

Going into the last year of his deal and will be an expensive extension.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,542

Post#7 » by zzaj » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:46 pm

I like Ingram as a player, even if I still think of him as a sucker-puncher...

He just seems like a Pandora's box that I don't think the Blazers would want to peek into. Pels would likely want a lot, and Brandon will likely want a lot once the time comes, both of those things are in stark contrast to what the likely return on investment would be.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,923

Post#8 » by JasonStern » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:37 pm

Love Ingram as a player, but the Blazers aren't winning anything with an Ingram/Simons/Ayton "big 3".
"I don't get timeouts. You're getting paid millions. Go do basketball things."
- Chauncey Billups
red_power
Sixth Man
And1: 877

Post#9 » by red_power » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:07 am

Frankly, I can't see the Blazers acquiring any established player at this point, unless they manage to do so at a ridiculous discount. Considering Portland's attractiveness to professional athletes.. Well, chances to pull such a move are slim to none.
"Fly forward despite the fog" (c) Kobe Bryant 1978-2020
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,993

Post#10 » by DusterBuster » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:44 pm

I'm a hard pass on BI. Can't stay healthy and isn't going to be worth the pricetag given where the Blazers are.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll

Return to Portland Trail Blazers