ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Ideas Thread 14-15

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 14-15 

Post#721 » by blind prophet » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:20 pm

SacKingsPejaFan wrote:Can we get a shotblocker please? Watching Whiteside, Mozgov, and Ibaka today is making me so jealous. It's not just the blocks themselves but the amount of shots they change.

Why did we get rid of Whiteside anyway?

What's the point in having a D league or 14-15 roster spots?
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#722 » by Wolfay » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:44 pm

blind prophet wrote:
SacKingsPejaFan wrote:Can we get a shotblocker please? Watching Whiteside, Mozgov, and Ibaka today is making me so jealous. It's not just the blocks themselves but the amount of shots they change.

Because he stunk. And he was mediocre on several other teams around the world, including a team in Lebanon that fired him, and was waived earlier this season by Memphis and their D-League affiliate as well.

Who knew that it would take several doses of rock bottom until he finally decided to do the work that his talent merited. Miami was desperate for help and got lucky.
Sacramento_King
Rookie
And1: 76

Post#723 » by Sacramento_King » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:57 pm

Wolfay wrote:
blind prophet wrote:

Because he stunk. And he was mediocre on several other teams around the world, including a team in Lebanon that fired him, and was waived earlier this season by Memphis and their D-League affiliate as well.

Who knew that it would take several doses of rock bottom until he finally decided to do the work that his talent merited. Miami was desperate for help and got lucky.

I read he was totally full of himself early and didn't put in work necessary to get better. Sucks cause centers and point guards you need to be patient with and some click and some dont
Sacramento_King
Rookie

Post#724 » by Sacramento_King » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:05 pm

Kenyon009 wrote:You're saying that Jose is a bad contract? 7.5 million for him is very fair. He's content with being a back up while being a starting level player. Those are the kind of guys that make you a top bench in the league. He's not a garbage contract at all.

Then keep him so the Knicks can have a great bench. Spending 11 mill a year to have three limited points (Ray, sessions and Jose) isn't a recipe for success. Would his shooting help? Absolutely. Would his defense make us worse than current? Absolutely. I'd pass at a great 7.5 million poor defensive, oft injured point and look for something else
Kenyon009
Banned User
And1: 1,869

Post#725 » by Kenyon009 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:08 am

Sacramento_King wrote:
Kenyon009 wrote:You're saying that Jose is a bad contract? 7.5 million for him is very fair. He's content with being a back up while being a starting level player. Those are the kind of guys that make you a top bench in the league. He's not a garbage contract at all.

Then keep him so the Knicks can have a great bench. Spending 11 mill a year to have three limited points (Ray, sessions and Jose) isn't a recipe for success. Would his shooting help? Absolutely. Would his defense make us worse than current? Absolutely. I'd pass at a great 7.5 million poor defensive, oft injured point and look for something else

Because the Knicks aren't trying to compete right now. The goal for the Knicks now is to tank and Calderon doesn't contribute to that, when the Knicks will be ready to contender he'll be a wasted old talent. While he could be used now on the Kings. So since you're current backups suck you shouldn't get a new one?
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#726 » by blind prophet » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:21 pm

Wolfay wrote:
blind prophet wrote:

Ok that would be a pretty poor example for the other fellas trying to make the roster or working their butts off.

Sounds reasonable, I thought he was just a little lazy and low IQ.

But if it was that bad, well I can see it.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#727 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:28 pm

Ooh! Looks like Charlotte might be willing to take Sessions off the Kings hands. That could be a good start to cut some salary and start the tank up and get it ready to roll. Then they need to see if they can get any more money dumped via Landry and Thompson. If they do that they can try to correct the mistakes they made their first two summers. Then again, knowing this FO they just might make it even worse.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: Re: Trade Ideas Thread 14-15 

Post#728 » by City of Trees » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:02 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:Ooh! Looks like Charlotte might be willing to take Sessions off the Kings hands. That could be a good start to cut some salary and start the tank up and get it ready to roll. Then they need to see if they can get any more money dumped via Landry and Thompson. If they do that they can try to correct the mistakes they made their first two summers. Then again, knowing this FO they just might make it even worse.
If I were the Hornets I'd trade for Cole.

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app
stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Post#729 » by stinger14 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:23 am

Would you guys attach Stauskus to Sessions for expirings and a 2nd round pick
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#730 » by City of Trees » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:30 am

stinger14 wrote:Would you guys attach Stauskus to Sessions for expirings and a 2nd round pick
Suuuuuuureeee :mrgreen:

blind prophet
RealGM

Post#731 » by blind prophet » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:46 am

stinger14 wrote:Would you guys attach Stauskus to Sessions for expirings and a 2nd round pick

:lol:

Sessions for a second from you is about as good as it is going to get.
Sacramento_King
Rookie

Post#732 » by Sacramento_King » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:03 am

Kenyon009 wrote:Because the Knicks aren't trying to compete right now. The goal for the Knicks now is to tank and Calderon doesn't contribute to that, when the Knicks will be ready to contender he'll be a wasted old talent. While he could be used now on the Kings. So since you're current backups suck you shouldn't get a new one?

Kings have no chance of making playoffs. The only thing Calderon could do, if he plays as well as you believe he will, is have us lose our draft pick this year. Again, easy pass.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#733 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:50 pm

The Kings PG spot isn't the problem. The problems are much like last year, and the year before, they run much deeper than that. There are certainly needs to be addressed but unfortunately they may supersede personnel at this point. Number 1 on the list has to be finding a suitable running mate at PF for Cousins. This 4 ppg, 2 rpg crap at PF ain't going to cut it anymore.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#734 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:15 am

I've been looking through potential free agents, potential moves, etc. and I think the Kings would be wise to start looking at offers for both McLemore and Stauskas. This next FA class, and the trade market in general seems to be pretty deep with SG's. If they can advance a greater position of need like PF then they can look at filling the SG spot later with a player that while they might not be nearly as talented as either, one that can easily fill the needs of this team at SG.
PaKwAn
Veteran
And1: 1,541

Post#735 » by PaKwAn » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:43 am

the only way we get free agents to sign over here is if we overpay them... if I'm a free agent player,why the hell would i come to this mess... pay me way over my value then sure i might come...
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#736 » by City of Trees » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:16 am

PaKwAn wrote:the only way we get free agents to sign over here is if we overpay them... if I'm a free agent player,why the hell would i come to this mess... pay me way over my value then sure i might come...
that could have changed if the Kings kept winning... FO firing Malone is already hurting next season.

PaKwAn
Veteran
And1: 1,541

Post#737 » by PaKwAn » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:21 am

City of Trees wrote:
PaKwAn wrote:the only way we get free agents to sign over here is if we overpay them... if I'm a free agent player,why the hell would i come to this mess... pay me way over my value then sure i might come...
that could have changed if the Kings kept winning... FO firing Malone is already hurting next season.

Yep that was my point...the front office messed up big time and it will just hurt them even more going forward...
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#738 » by Wolfay » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:27 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:I've been looking through potential free agents, potential moves, etc. and I think the Kings would be wise to start looking at offers for both McLemore and Stauskas. This next FA class, and the trade market in general seems to be pretty deep with SG's. If they can advance a greater position of need like PF then they can look at filling the SG spot later with a player that while they might not be nearly as talented as either, one that can easily fill the needs of this team at SG.

The league as whole is not deep at shooting guard, and if you really look at what's killing us every night, it's the bench, particularly the backcourt. Sessions/McCallum/Stauskas all are negative contributors for one reason or another. Ben McLemore is looking more and more like a Klay Thompson, and we all know very well what he does for the Warriors in a league that has a handful of good shooting guards. Ben isn't untouchable, but I argue that we still have a talent problem as well, so whoever comes back better have a ceiling that comes close to Ben's, especially if it leaves Collison as our only legitimate backcourt player on the roster.
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#739 » by dozencousins » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:08 am

Recent info provided to me via source withing the organization told me earlier today that though we have been in talks with additional teams . Our 2 main trading partners have been the Nets & Bobcats from smaller deals to sum what bigger deals .
Some examples which could be tweaked if a deal is done are :

Kings trade sessions to bobcats for either a 2nd round pick or pargo . A not that likely possibility would be Landry or J.T. with , Sessions & possibly a 2nd round pick or Hollins for Stephenson & Pargo .

Kings trade J.T. , D.williams , Collison or Landry with Stauskus for D.Williams & Plumlee
Also heard of the slight possibility of Kings trading for B.Lopez but not nearly as likely .

Finally the most likely situation if we trade with these teams aside from the possibility of the smaller trade of Sessions for a 2nd or Pargo is a 3 team deal which can be tweaked a bit is .

To Sac : D.Williams , Plumlee
To Nets : Stauskus , Landry or J.T. , D.Williams , Pargo ( likely would waive pargo ) + Kings trade exception
To Cha : Sessions

Cha : is trying to rid themselves of Stephenson If Stephenson gets added to a 3 way deal it is likely Cha takes either Landry or J.T. were as Nets take the other & if Stephenson goes to the Nets than J.Johnson has to be dealt 1st or at least the Nets have to have another deal already on the table for him . ( it is possible Collison could be added to the deal as well in this situation Kings are trying to keep him )

Working 3 way trades & bigger trade deals involving lots of pieces is very complicated . Hence why no deal has been made as of yet .

Nets don't want to part with Plumlee however they just might as they want to lower their team salary so dumping Deron + getting a decent expiring in Derrick + getting Nick ( whom they have a hard on for ) & getting the exception is likely enough to get Plumlee unless the Nets or Kings decide in the meantime that their is a better deal to be made elsewhere . We should see soon enough . ( To be clear i am not saying any of this will happen for certainty but I know we have alot of chatter in regards to all possibilities as mentioned
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#740 » by Kings2013 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:46 am

Plumlee and Cousins would be an interesting look (I'm assuming Plumlee can play some 4..), but yeah I can see the Nets resistance. Due to their being capped out next year even if they move Williams, and no quality picks, they are pretty much boxed in to keeping maybe the only quality young piece they have.

I don't personally think they'd be receptive to replacing Collison with Stauskas in the original variation though, given their positional needs

Then there is the issue from our side that it really looks like Deron's body and game are going down faster than expected this year, so it might look different to Kings management than it might have several weeks back

Return to Sacramento Kings