ImageImageImageImageImage

Rick Adelman retiring

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

Bobo the King
Ballboy
And1: 1

Rick Adelman retiring 

Post#1 » by Bobo the King » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:28 pm

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- As his 23rd season as an NBA coach entered the home stretch, Rick Adelman looked tired.

Tired of trying to wring a few more wins out of a talented, defensively deficient roster. Tired of getting on an airplane at midnight after a game and landing somewhere across the country at 3 a.m. Tired, most of all, of putting his wife Mary Kay and her lingering health issues second to a job that, when done right, is all-consuming.

So when he finally decided to step away, announcing his retirement from the Minnesota Timberwolves on Monday, he did so with mixed feelings about the pressure-cooker life he is leaving behind and the one that awaits him.

''It becomes your life, your family's life, an everyday routine,'' Adelman said of the NBA. ''It's a real grind. You get some time off in the summer but it's pretty much on your mind all the time, so there's some sadness but there's also a relief. I'm ready and my wife's ready to move on to another phase. We're looking forward to that.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-source- ... --nba.html

Hands down the greatest coach to have graced Sacramento.
teerfour+40LG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,129

Re: Rick Adelman retiring 

Post#2 » by teerfour+40LG » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:34 pm

Bye bye, Adelman. Thanks for making Derrick Williams a great player.
SactoKingsFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,759

Post#3 » by SactoKingsFan » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:02 pm

Should have been coach of the year at least once.
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#4 » by Wolfay » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:34 pm

Congratulations on a long and successful career Rick, and enjoy your well-deserved retirement. I and other Kings fans will forever hold a special place in our hearts for you and the teams you coached.

Return to Sacramento Kings