ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Ideas Thread 14-15

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

SactoKingsFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,759

Post#861 » by SactoKingsFan » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:09 am

I'd rather just keep Nik and see how he develops since I don't think we can get much for Nik + DWill or JT.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 14-15 

Post#862 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:47 am

teerfour+40LG wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:With Karl in the fold that pick in a trade just might have lost a ton of value. The Kings aren't going to tank to get that pick and Karl has screwed up picks for losing teams quite a bit in the past. Right now it's probably a better bet that the Bulls get that pick this year anyway.

Yeah, you're right. The pick has lost some value. In any case, our pick will still be better than theirs, and it would be a lot more tradeable if it was fully unprotected. I'm assuming that the Bulls would prefer to trade this pick for Afflalo or somebody rather than keep it for themselves. That's why having the protection removed should be attractive to them.

The may value Mirotic highly, but I think they value Taj Gibson less. Now with the news that JT wants to be traded, Taj Gibson is a good target for us.

I still think Ersan would be perfect. I think he can regain the form he had with the Bucks a few years back and if he does you're talking the perfect stretch 4 for this team.

Mirotic is better than Ersan. Mirotic gets more steals and blocks and has a better assist/TO ratio. He's a far more complete player than Ersan. Ersan in his whole career has never been as productive as this rookie Mirotic. The point is I wouldn't call him perfect.

With that said, Ersan is attainable, and Mirotic isn't. I think something like this is possible and would help us...

Kings trade Derrick Williams, drop top-10 pick protection
Bulls trade Taj Gibson

Kings trade Jason Thompson
Bucks trade Ersan Ilyasova

I would have preferred Jason Thompson and Nikola Mirotic, but Taj Gibson and Ersan should be fine too.

Yeah, the one major problem with Mirotic is that he's unavailable. If it were between the two I'd pick Mirotic as well, but, as an offensive weapon you have to remember some of what Ilyasova did do when everyone was talking about him a few years back. He was hitting quick shots off screens, pulling down 20 plus boards some nights. This was a mid 40's 3 point shooter a few years back. I never bought into all the hype back then but there is no question there was substance to the hype. Now he's a bit unwanted and tarnished, not too unlike Gay before coming to Sac. It might be the perfect time to strike. They could probably use some scoring or size in JT or Landry too. Landry is a hometown fav in the making, make it happen Pete!
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#863 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:50 am

Kings2013 wrote:There are rumors that we are shopping Nik before this deadline, one reported by Alex Kennedy

Really the kid might be our only asset to make a move. Without a first, and without including Cuz/Gay/DC/Ben

They'd be stupid not to at least see what Ben and expirings could get them. That's the Kings prime package if anything. If the Kings don't get a decent stretch PF with Nik, JT, or Landry as bait, then something is wrong but if they want to be significant players without their only real assets Pete might just get laughed out of the league with a deadline folly to follow up his comical draft night valuations.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#864 » by Andrew McCeltic » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:20 am

You can dump Thompson if you have to, the Charlotte trade seems like good value. Ilyasova shouldn't take Stauskas.. None of the rumors out there are bringing back a big enough fish for you guys to move Ben or Nik, imo..
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#865 » by blind prophet » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:32 pm

andy582 wrote:You can dump Thompson if you have to, the Charlotte trade seems like good value. Ilyasova shouldn't take Stauskas.. None of the rumors out there are bringing back a big enough fish for you guys to move Ben or Nik, imo..

I've seen little realistic out there enough to move Ben or Nik as well.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#866 » by Andrew McCeltic » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:49 pm

Rumor has it the Celtics are asking about Cousins, on the hope that George Karl doesn't want a low-post center... Seems far-fetched on our part.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#867 » by City of Trees » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:04 pm

Cousins Isn't Going Anywhere

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,670

Trade Ideas Thread 14-15 

Post#868 » by Jkam31 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:20 pm

andy582 wrote:Rumor has it the Celtics are asking about Cousins, on the hope that George Karl doesn't want a low-post center... Seems far-fetched on our part.

He would have coached orlando if that were the case. Karl ain't no fool

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
teerfour+40LG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,129

Post#869 » by teerfour+40LG » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm

Another team we need to get at is Denver. They have a bunch of contracts that don't expire until after next year. We could offer them early cap relief with Derrick Williams.

I am interested in Danilo Gallinari and Darrell Arthur from their roster. We can take on JJ Hickson or JaVale McGee's contracts.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#870 » by Kings2013 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:30 am

We are reportedly one of the team's sniffing around Afflalo.

Half the board was interested in him last summer I believe, before Ben came on.. I don't know what role Afflalo would play now. would he really like a bench role at this stage of his career? What do we have to give besides Nik (not trading Cuz/Gay/DC/Ben or firsts)? Is Nik worth a possible free agent this summer?

I think it's just PDA being aggressive as always
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#871 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:35 am

andy582 wrote:Rumor has it the Celtics are asking about Cousins, on the hope that George Karl doesn't want a low-post center... Seems far-fetched on our part.

Yeah probably, Karl already said that he's going to pretty much design this entire teams offensive emphasis around Cousins and hopes to get him to a point where the game isn't so frustrating for him. Spacing and in particular a PF that can shoot will help that. Also Karl was apparently pushing the Nuggets to trade for Cousins when Karl was still coaching there.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#872 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:37 am

teerfour+40LG wrote:Another team we need to get at is Denver. They have a bunch of contracts that don't expire until after next year. We could offer them early cap relief with Derrick Williams.

I am interested in Danilo Gallinari and Darrell Arthur from their roster. We can take on JJ Hickson or JaVale McGee's contracts.

Arthurs shot looked pretty good against the Kings this year. You don't want to take on any deals to get either of those players though. Kings need to look for a stretch 4, look at a big name if they fit, and if that fails they need to cut some losses and salary in the process. Draft picks or gambling on someone by taking on salary unless that player is a perfect fit at PF should be out of the question.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#873 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:39 am

Kings2013 wrote:We are reportedly one of the team's sniffing around Afflalo.

Half the board was interested in him last summer I believe, before Ben came on.. I don't know what role Afflalo would play now. would he really like a bench role at this stage of his career? What do we have to give besides Nik (not trading Cuz/Gay/DC/Ben or firsts)? Is Nik worth a possible free agent this summer?

This is why I've brought up the possibility of seeing what Ben/DWill could get you. There are decent SG's available via trade or in FA coming up. If you can plug an Afflalo in the hole and use your assets to find that cure all at PF you have to consider it.

The problem with Pete being aggressive is that he misses the goal half the time. Hopefully with Karl on board he helps direct the GM staff about what his team needs.
teerfour+40LG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,129

Post#874 » by teerfour+40LG » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:55 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:
teerfour+40LG wrote:Another team we need to get at is Denver. They have a bunch of contracts that don't expire until after next year. We could offer them early cap relief with Derrick Williams.

Arthurs shot looked pretty good against the Kings this year. You don't want to take on any deals to get either of those players though. Kings need to look for a stretch 4, look at a big name if they fit, and if that fails they need to cut some losses and salary in the process. Draft picks or gambling on someone by taking on salary unless that player is a perfect fit at PF should be out of the question.

I would take a contract for Darrell Arthur. I'm confident that he would do well as a JT replacement. In addition to being a better jump shooter, he's more productive in blocks and steals, and he currently has an assist/TO ratio better than 1.

Out of all the stretch four options out there, Gallinari is by far the best passer. That's why I like him. Though, he is a risk because he is just a tall SF. Still, if the FO doesn't have plans to throw money at Dragic in the offseason, I think I'd be down with it. I'm still trying to find out the viability of him in a stretch four role. Playing him next to Rudy Gay could be as effective as playing him next to Wilson Chandler back when Denver won 57 games.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#875 » by blind prophet » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:42 pm

I'm not convinced Denver knows what they want to do yet.

Will all depend on their initial big trade.

They'll decide to either scrap it all, or hold on to a couple of pieces. If they think they can get a great deal for Lawson for example and they do. Look for a complete blow up, if they cannot, then I think they'll hold some pieces at least till draft day.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#876 » by blind prophet » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:45 pm

Kings2013 wrote:We are reportedly one of the team's sniffing around Afflalo.

Yeah I think it was SacKingZZZ that thought about Korver too, just sucks sometimes man.

But no need to give up anything for Affalo, we are better off bidding in the off season.

But then I'll need a new catchy name, it won't be "jarl thompandry" any more.....more like "Aarl Aflandro" because after his first year, he is going to be someone else Landry contract.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#877 » by City of Trees » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:52 pm

My updated trade deadline wishlist is all about the bench:

A. Afflalo
Moe Harkless
Miles Plumlee
OhioKingsFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#878 » by OhioKingsFan » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:16 pm

If we get Afflalo, it would be BMac that is headed for the bench... and I would be ecstatic.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#879 » by blind prophet » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:03 pm

I'm serious though guys, AA has maybe one more good year in him, then we will regret the contract. Will have a bad contract situation here for 2-3 years after that. Landry 2.0
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: Re: Trade Ideas Thread 14-15 

Post#880 » by City of Trees » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:27 pm

blind prophet wrote:I'm serious though guys, AA has maybe one more good year in him, then we will regret the contract. Will have a bad contract situation here for 2-3 years after that. Landry 2.0
Well that's perfect. He is expiring next season

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app

Return to Sacramento Kings