Geoff35
Pro Prospect
And1: 31

Kings sign Ryan Hollins to guaranteed 1 year deal 

Post#1 » by Geoff35 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:27 am

Per Marc Spears:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/512421286790713344[/tweet]

Ehhhh I really dislike watching him attempt to play basketball
Your account has been suspended due to violations of our rules. You have been suspended for 7 days, and your account will be accessible once again on March 14 at 6pm ET. The reason for your suspension is as follows:

Trolling the Lakers forum.
kiwibrindle
Starter
And1: 80

Re: Kings sign Ryan Hollins to guaranteed 1 year deal 

Post#2 » by kiwibrindle » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:23 am

Not trolling here guys,

As a Cavs fan who has seen Hollings in the past I wondered why a team with DMC would want this guy. so I looked online at your roster for next year because I liked your team and thought you were turning the corner at the end of the season. Then I saw:

Hollins
Hopson
Ellington
Gee
and thought WTF?

Recommendation: Please keep all sharp objects away from Demarcus. He's too good to be exposed to this many ex Cavs and he may soon want to be traded to the Heat.

Sorry to hear you have all these guys on your team. Ell is the best of them, FYI and that's not saying much.

Good luck in 2014 - 2015 Peace
PZiv
Veteran
And1: 828

Post#3 » by PZiv » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:27 pm

kiwibrindle wrote:Not trolling here guys,

As a Cavs fan who has seen Hollings in the past I wondered why a team with DMC would want this guy. so I looked online at your roster for next year because I liked your team and thought you were turning the corner at the end of the season. Then I saw:

Hollins
Hopson
Ellington
Gee
and thought WTF?

Recommendation: Please keep all sharp objects away from Demarcus. He's too good to be exposed to this many ex Cavs and he may soon want to be traded to the Heat.

Sorry to hear you have all these guys on your team. Ell is the best of them, FYI and that's not saying much.

Ellington was waived. Hopson and Gee is kinda still better than Terry. But my god why Hollins?!
SacKingsPejaFan
Sixth Man
And1: 114

Post#4 » by SacKingsPejaFan » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:49 pm

kiwibrindle wrote:Not trolling here guys,

Hollins
Hopson
Ellington
Gee
and thought WTF?

The Kings already waived Ellington (and Jeremy Tyler, who was also apart of the NY trade). The Kings will also waive Hopson and Gee. The Kings traded for them because their contracts are unguaranteed. All of these moves were made to get under the luxury tax because a team that won 28 games last year has no business having a payroll as high as the Kings. There's nothing to see here; just new management cleaning up old management's mess. See, e.g., http://www.sacbee.com/2014/09/17/671619 ... tinue.html.

Hollins on the other hand -- he's been in the league 7 years and has averaged 12 minutes per game with 6 different teams. I don't see how he all of a sudden earns more than that here. Cousins is going to play most of the game, and my view is that Hollins is just here to back him up for the 15 or so minutes he gets a breather. Hollins' blocks per minute are pretty good and so is his FG%, so he should be able to give us some decent time.

My optimistic take is that this is a precursor to Jason Thompson being shipped out. He's "backup center" as of now. And really, Hollins will probably give us better production at a tiny fraction of the cost (JT is about $6m per year).
SacTown Kings
Lead Assistant
And1: 133

Post#5 » by SacTown Kings » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:33 pm

Funny we keep making these small moves and we keep telling ourselves its a precursor to a bigger trade only to be disappointed each and every time. Let's face it there's probably not going to be any big trades. I hope I'm wrong. Not really into Rondo anyways, but Smith would be nice. I just dont see Detroit trading him now that Monroe will be gone next season.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#6 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:30 am

I know, haha. C'mon guys it's doesn't take THIS MANY small moves to make a big one. I just hope they can ship out JT before the start but that's highly unlikely at this point. They better not waive Reggie Evans or something stupid like that.

They are making all the types of moves teams that are already set make. Maybe they know something nobody else does? I'm all for vets but not of the end of the bench variety, I just don't see the point honestly.
ADoaN17
Lead Assistant
And1: 312

Post#7 » by ADoaN17 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:52 am

Ryan Hollins may actually be my least favorite player in the league :(

Return to Sacramento Kings