Kings vs. Nuggets

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Re: Kings vs. Nuggets 

Post#21 » by KF10 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:51 am

Expecting the Kings to continue the momentum from the OKC game was too much, I guess.

:(
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#22 » by City of Trees » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:24 pm

I liked Cousins post game comments where he said the Kings played straight into Denver's hand trying to outscore them. Kings must play both ways to win games.

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: Re: Kings vs. Nuggets 

Post#23 » by City of Trees » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:25 pm

KF10 wrote:Expecting the Kings to continue the momentum from the OKC game was too much, I guess.

:(
PDA tanking for Cauley-Stien

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#24 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:36 pm

Not trying to be antagonistic, but I have recently noticed the regression of the Kings, do you think they might be on a mini-tank in order to keep their pick this year or could it have something to do with the lack of a real head coach ?
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: Re: Kings vs. Nuggets 

Post#25 » by City of Trees » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:00 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Not trying to be antagonistic, but I have recently noticed the regression of the Kings, do you think they might be on a mini-tank in order to keep their pick this year or could it have something to do with the lack of a real head coach ?
has everything to do with the FO killing the chemistry and momentum the team had... then adding on top of that Kings FO has elected to keep a lame duck coach in place from December to year end while playing puppet master with Corbin on playing style. Players are angry, confused, and not buying into Corbin.

SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#26 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:33 am

I think it's more than just what the front office did when firing Malone. You can't ignore this teams helplessness while Cuz was out. They competed but that spoke to some major issues somewhere with this roster. I personally think it's a combo of strategy and team construction.

1. This team is still a mess. Very few true defensive personnel to the point that the team relies on help defense to a ridiculous degree. The PF position for this team doesn't fit, surprise, getting the band back together didn't work huh? (JT, Carl, Cuz) They just don't compliment each other well. Didn't then, still don't now. JT has moments where he's been a good combo with Cuz but in the end he just doesn't bring any production with him. Carl has been the solid Carl we've known, but those 3 just don't fit as a tandem, Cuz is probably the most athletic of the 3 and that's saying something. I think you're OK with one of them along with Cuz but as your 3 big rotation you lack too much in the way of athletic ability, off the ball ability, and shooting ability. JT and Carl have both been solid defensively, but right now it clearly isn't enough.
2. Pete killed the momentum. Although I do think it's hard to say that this team was going to hit the ground running when Cuz came back anyway there is still no question, PDA is responsible for a ton of the turmoil. Mainly because you'll just never know what would have happened. I doubt we would have seen some of the careless attitudes like we have recently if Malone was still here. At least not until the luster wore off from Cuz's return.
3. Teams have figured out this roster. Teams know to zone this squad. They know to hack Cuz until he gets angry because without him this team is hopeless. Teams are more than happy to take the short 3's that the Kings will give them out of almost every single pick and roll or drive and dish.

Said it before Malone was fired, and it's rings even more true now than before: THIS IS PETES MESS.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#27 » by blind prophet » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:26 am

skywalker33 wrote:Not trying to be antagonistic, but I have recently noticed the regression of the Kings, do you think they might be on a mini-tank in order to keep their pick this year or could it have something to do with the lack of a real head coach ?

I don't think any of us know for certain.

Most of us are watching the mess, or taking a mini break from the madness with bad vibes.

Return to Sacramento Kings