Post#1 » by bibby1023 » Fri Feb 6, 2015 7:46 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/aaronbruski/status/563776362125602816[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/aaronbruski/status/563782284193435649[/tweet]
PaKwAn
Veteran
And1: 1,541

Re: Kings begin newest head coaching search 

Post#2 » by PaKwAn » Fri Feb 6, 2015 7:54 pm

They need to search for a new gm as well... a little too late for that coaching search. . The ship has already sunk
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#3 » by Wolfay » Fri Feb 6, 2015 8:01 pm

PaKwAn wrote:They need to search for a new gm as well... a little too late for that coaching search. . The ship has already sunk

Can still salvage a sunken ship, or at least learn something from it.

I also think if Pete continues screwing up, a new GM is the next step Vivek will take.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#4 » by City of Trees » Fri Feb 6, 2015 8:29 pm

Yea let's not hire a coach when you're the only vacancy. ... No let's wait until you have to compete with another team to hire a coach? Just stupid.

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app
PaKwAn
Veteran

Post#5 » by PaKwAn » Fri Feb 6, 2015 8:56 pm

Its funny that they only began searching for a new coach once cousins vented his frustrations
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Re: 

Post#6 » by blind prophet » Fri Feb 6, 2015 9:02 pm

City of Trees wrote:Yea let's not hire a coach when you're the only vacancy. ... No let's wait until you have to compete with another team to hire a coach? Just stupid.

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app

That's a fantastic point to consider.

I'm torn between protecting our pick and sort of tanking however.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#7 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Feb 6, 2015 11:32 pm

Hopefully the coach has a say in personnel matters and Pete gets someone that realizes Cuz is the right guy to build around, and not a great way to start a rebuild.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#8 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Feb 6, 2015 11:33 pm

PaKwAn wrote:Its funny that they only began searching for a new coach once cousins vented his frustrations

I think Pete is feeling the pressure and he should be. As time has gone on I think it's more and more clear that he truly thought it was the team he put together and not the way they were being used in order to cover up the many weaknesses. He figured with Malone out of the way he would start getting the credit he deserved. Well, if looking delusional was his goal he succeeded. I just hope that Pete realizes his team is very flawed and he needs to either step down if he doesn't know what he's doing or start making the obvious moves.
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Wolfay » Sat Feb 7, 2015 12:05 am

Just passing on something interesting I read in the Sacramento Kings subreddit on Reddit...

He told me he heart the Kings are trying to get George Karl. But there are some problems with some of the office. Mullin is apposed, and now cousins agent (didn't classify whether or not it was boogie straight up). So, those rumors are true. He said even though they are opposed it might still be happening sooner rather than later.

I know how much we've been calling out Pete and management and not just us, but everyone. Even Bobby on the post-game show tonight, everyone is tearing him apart because he can't say it publicly, but Pete REALLY wants Karl and his hands are tied because he can't say ANYTHING publicly and there are others who are opposed to it for their own stupid personal reasons.

The full post is here.

Makes sense to me. Mullin and Karl are known to have had a rocky relationship, and agents always screw things up, regardless of whether or not it's in the best interest of the player they represent. It also worries me that Mullin might have that much influence on what's going on. It might not make a difference who the GM is if Mullin has the authority to overrule them.

Edit: Fixed the link.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#10 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Feb 7, 2015 12:37 am

If Mullin is opposed then he needs to offer a solution. And anyone taking advice from the guy needs to check his track record in management and then do the opposite of what he says if they want to find some success. If they fired an inexperienced coach they need to hire an experienced one. They made it sound like Malone was just that guy to get the ball rolling, well, what was the plan once he did? If it were to hand the reigns over to Mullin (which would make him look like the ultimate wuss IMO) then he needs to man up and put in some work now, not this summer.

I've heard the Cousins agent thing before and I myself have brought up some of my concerns in the past when Karls name came up. He's a freaking drill Sgt. But I mentioned this before in another thread, if Cousins liked Calipari he might do just fine with Karl. They are very similar in how they approach their players.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#11 » by blind prophet » Sat Feb 7, 2015 12:53 am

Mullin if he is in the way needs to get the heck out of dodge.

He has no proven track record for executive decisions, he may be just fine in developing or overseeing somethings, but on paper I see nothing to be able to speak of a coach with a resume like Karl.

You don't bring in Karl to be a yes man, at best you say hey Karl this is our vision, can you help us reach it, then you give and take from there, shake hands and sign the deal or he walks away. Then you stay the hell out of the mans way.

LOL no matter what is going on internally Pete probably is gonna need a good dosage of Xanax.

They should consult Cousins too, let him talk with the coaching candidate.
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Wolfay » Sat Feb 7, 2015 3:55 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/CarmichaelDave/status/563902758151929856[/tweet]

These cryptic tweets he likes to use irritate the hell out of me since this might not be coaching related or even Kings related, and he does like to mess with people, but it still has me worried. My guess, based off of absolutely nothing, are either Cousins formally asked for a trade, or Coach Karl has an agreement to be Orlando's next coach.

Edit: Another guess is a full blown coup d'état by Chris Mullin.

God help us.

Edit x2: [tweet]https://twitter.com/CarmichaelDave/status/563915406289534976[/tweet]

Edit x3: [tweet]https://twitter.com/CarmichaelDave/status/563915910532976640[/tweet]

Bunch of nothing I guess.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#13 » by blind prophet » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:02 am

Wolfay wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/CarmichaelDave/status/563902758151929856[/tweet]

These cryptic tweets he likes to use irritate the hell out of me since this might not be coaching related or even Kings related, and he does like to mess with people, but it still has me worried. My guess, based off of absolutely nothing, are either Cousins formally asked for a trade, or Coach Karl has an agreement to be Orlando's next coach.

Edit: Another guess is a full blown coup d'état by Chris Mullin.

God help us.

Edit x2: [tweet]https://twitter.com/CarmichaelDave/status/563915406289534976[/tweet]

Edit x3: [tweet]https://twitter.com/CarmichaelDave/status/563915910532976640[/tweet]

Bunch of nothing I guess.

You sure he changed his avatar to George Karl?

He's over at kingsfans right now.

http://kingsfans.com
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Wolfay » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:11 am

The avatar change must've been just minutes ago. Bro needs to spill the beans! These mind games remind me of too many ex's!

And why would I go to kingsfans when I got you guys here?
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#15 » by blind prophet » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:13 am

Wolfay wrote:The avatar change must've been just minutes ago. Bro needs to spill the beans! These mind games remind me of too many ex's!

And why would I go to kingsfans when I got you guys here?

Well forgive me for making a thread there.

But yeah I enjoy our talks more here usually too.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#16 » by blind prophet » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:22 am

Still nothing official, but I guess Dave is with others in celebration with Richmond or was recently possibly.

Lot's of people around maybe.

I'd take it as we are close to landing Karl.
PaKwAn
Veteran

Post#17 » by PaKwAn » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:34 am

If its true that mullins is the reason behind all of this then I blame vivek for allowing this to happen.. they just had to let it go this far,and now they have an unhappy cousins
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by Wolfay » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:39 am

But doesn't DEFCON 1 mean impending doom? Nuclear war is imminent, we're all gonna die, so kiss your butt goodbye.

Landing Karl seems like the opposite. Disaster averted.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#19 » by blind prophet » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:41 am

Wolfay wrote:But doesn't DEFCON 1 mean impending doom? Nuclear war is imminent, we're all gonna die, so kiss your butt goodbye.

Landing Karl seems like the opposite. Disaster averted.

Yeah defcon 1 is nukes imminent, maybe a whole lot of changes coming.
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Wolfay » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:44 am

Hmm. We'll see I guess. Carmichael Dave wasn't the only one dropping hints/rumors today, so something must be going on.

Return to Sacramento Kings