Jason Thompson Asks To Be Traded

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Jason Thompson Asks To Be Traded 

Post#1 » by ICMTM » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:04 pm

Marc Spears (Yahoo) tweeted it but removed it. It's still on pro basketball talk:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... trade-him/
KANGZZZZZ!
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Re: Jason Thompson Asks To Be Traded 

Post#2 » by Andrew McCeltic » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:52 pm

Gerald Wallace is always available...?
JamesConway
Sixth Man
And1: 1,014

Post#3 » by JamesConway » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:09 pm

Is he available? Dallas is looking for some frontcourt help & we'll likely operate over the cap in next summer's FA-period, so I guess his contract would not be that much of a deal to us.

Maybe smth like Felton ($3,7M/yr contract & has a player option for the next season) and a minimum contract for Thompson? Saves the Kings some money (~$2-2,5M/yr) & Felton's contract also runs shorter than Thompson's. Not much of intrigue, I know, but to me it does not appear that there is much of a market for JT.
JamesConway
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by JamesConway » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:12 pm

andy582 wrote:Gerald Wallace is always available...?

The great Raymond Felton > G. Wallace :naaa: :lol:
teerfour+40LG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,129

Post#5 » by teerfour+40LG » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:34 pm

JamesConway wrote:Is he available? Dallas is looking for some frontcourt help & we'll likely operate over the cap in next summer's FA-period, so I guess his contract would not be that much of a deal to us.

Maybe smth like Felton ($3,7M/yr contract & has a player option for the next season) and a minimum contract for Thompson? Saves the Kings some money (~$2-2,5M/yr) & Felton's contract also runs shorter than Thompson's. Not much of intrigue, I know, but to me it does not appear that there is much of a market for JT.

Dallas is getting Amare Stoudemire, aren't they?
BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
And1: 2,970

Post#6 » by BlackOutBuzz » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:51 pm

What about Marvin Williams? He makes slightly more per year ($7m) but only for 2 years instead of 3.

He's not Ryan Anderson, but a stretchy 4 none the less. He doesn't fit with Al and I think Thompson may work better.
JamesConway
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by JamesConway » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:05 pm

teerfour+40LG wrote:
JamesConway wrote:Is he available? Dallas is looking for some frontcourt help & we'll likely operate over the cap in next summer's FA-period, so I guess his contract would not be that much of a deal to us.

Dallas is getting Amare Stoudemire, aren't they?

Nothing official yet, but according to various reports it looks like he'll end up playing for the Mavs, yes. We've been trying to add Jermaine O'Neal in addition to Stoudemire though, so I guess we're still in the market for another big man to bolster out our second unit.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#8 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:41 am

And here's the problem JT, the Kings have asked almost everyone to take you. They won't do it, hahaha.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#9 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:43 am

BlackOutBuzz wrote:What about Marvin Williams? He makes slightly more per year ($7m) but only for 2 years instead of 3.

He's not Ryan Anderson, but a stretchy 4 none the less. He doesn't fit with Al and I think Thompson may work better.

I still think it would be a solid deal for both sides.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,499

Post#10 » by pillwenney » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:30 pm

BlackOutBuzz wrote:What about Marvin Williams? He makes slightly more per year ($7m) but only for 2 years instead of 3.

I'd be down for that.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: Re: Jason Thompson Asks To Be Traded 

Post#11 » by City of Trees » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:50 am

pillwenney wrote:

I'd be down for that.
I'd do that too

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#12 » by blind prophet » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:03 am

I think we should consider someone like Felton. Not him per say, not sure Dallas does it now with Amare in the mix either.

Someone less, who makes less, just to be done from this next season. May even be able to deal the junk piece by next deadline as a true expiring.

Ideally we keep JT but find some miraculous way to deal Landry instead.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#13 » by City of Trees » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:25 am

JT gonna "clear the air" on KHTK at 4:35

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#14 » by City of Trees » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:35 am

JT says it wasn't him or his camp that started the trade demand rumor. He says he never requested a trade nor wants one. Funny, JT said the reporter who first tweeted the rumor quickly deleted it and i checked n Marcus Spears Did in fact delete the tweet..... Also in the interview he hinted towards Karl giving him a new role on the team and we should see it within the first few games
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#15 » by blind prophet » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:08 pm

City of Trees wrote:JT says it wasn't him or his camp that started the trade demand rumor. He says he never requested a trade nor wants one. Funny, JT said the reporter who first tweeted the rumor quickly deleted it and i checked n Marcus Spears Did in fact delete the tweet..... Also in the interview he hinted towards Karl giving him a new role on the team and we should see it within the first few games

Why would he wait till the deadline is over though?

LOL

Well if JT says if he wanted out he'd straight up say it, I can live with that though.

But I know if I wanted out of town but said nothing, then saw one of you guys say that I wanted to be gone, I wouldn't correct the situation until after the deadline either.

Return to Sacramento Kings