benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Re: Cousins to the Lakers Rumors 

Post#82 » by benchmobbin02 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:54 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
gustofwind wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
You act like Vlade called you, invited you to dinner, looked you in the eye and promised. News flash! He is a decision maker for a huge organization. HE DOESN'T CARE IF PEOPLE ON FORUMS ARE UPSET AND SHOULDN'T! He cares about getting the best for what has to be given. IF (that is a huge if, since none of us know for sure) the rumors of Karl and Cousins being at odds are true, it's his job to access if it can be managed and if he doesn't think it can then to get the best value for the team!

That's fine if you feel that way. I stand by what I said. To me, respecting the fans is as important as anything else.

BTW in regards to your last point I must disagree: trading Cousins is inherently bad value. Only reason to do it would be to offset greater loses in the future. Its cutting your losses, not obtaining value. Odds of a draft pick eventually equaling his value are low. That's why trading him to the Lakers is terrible. If you're going to help someone, don't help the team from one of the two biggest markets in the league (and our biggest former rival) get fatter. Even if they give up some potentially good players, Cousins is actually a good player. They automatically win. Have you heard Lakers fans? They talk like this is an exercise of a power, not a bilateral exchange.

Lastly if it's Karl or Cousins it would be bizarre to me if Kings FO chose Karl. It shows horrific assets management. Karl is not a critical asset, he's a helpful contributor. It's not like he's been our coach for 20 years like Jerry Sloan was for the Jazz. He has yet to successfully install a system that positively defines the team.

I wasn't trying to change your mind. So you can stand by what you said and I can tell you what a person in a position of authority has to weight when steering an organization.

Yes, the fan base is important. They buy tickets and merch and give life in the arena and the community. But you don't bow to public pressure if you have been brought it to institute a culture change. I believe that is part of the job description for the head of the Kings Org looking back at the past decade of performance. You make decisions that not everyone agrees with that YOU feels is in the best interest of the Org. I'm not taking Vlade off the hook, Im placing him firmly on it. If he makes a move and in a few years we are still picking in the lottery, its on him and the same if he doesn't and DMC just leaves or implodes the team chemistry wise and demands a trade or leaves in free agency, its on him. You have to look at the situation and be ready to make the hard choices. That is the burden of responsibility.

I also know that some fans would be mad or discouraged or frustrated or say forget the Kings if Cousins is moved to the Lakers. That is their right but if 2 years from now we are winning and are in the new arena with a new direction and energy, what I can promise is that place will be full of screaming sactown cowbell ringing crazies!

Notice I never said in any post that trading DMC was the right choice. It's Vlade and Bratz job to look at Cousins as a whole, not only his 24pts and 12rebs but also his leadership, growth, potential, temperament, how he reacts to adversity, his locker room presence, whether other players rally around him, practice habits. All these things and more should be considered IN THEIR VIEW, not ours. Our sources are the media with their own motives. They are on the ground floor. They have to do the same thing with Karl and make a decision if he is the guy they can be on the same page with them moving forward. It's great to have strong pieces but if all the pieces can't be on the same page and move together then you will never be successful.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#83 » by benchmobbin02 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:01 pm

City of Trees wrote:Is this article real life?

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20150625/lakers-pass-on-acquiring-demarcus-cousins-from-sacramento

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Article is written by Kupchak's mouth piece and it reads like one. #Lakerspropaganda
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
gustofwind
Rookie
And1: 649

Post#84 » by gustofwind » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:23 am

benchmobbin02 wrote:
gustofwind wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
You act like Vlade called you, invited you to dinner, looked you in the eye and promised. News flash! He is a decision maker for a huge organization. HE DOESN'T CARE IF PEOPLE ON FORUMS ARE UPSET AND SHOULDN'T! He cares about getting the best for what has to be given. IF (that is a huge if, since none of us know for sure) the rumors of Karl and Cousins being at odds are true, it's his job to access if it can be managed and if he doesn't think it can then to get the best value for the team!

That's fine if you feel that way. I stand by what I said. To me, respecting the fans is as important as anything else.

BTW in regards to your last point I must disagree: trading Cousins is inherently bad value. Only reason to do it would be to offset greater loses in the future. Its cutting your losses, not obtaining value. Odds of a draft pick eventually equaling his value are low. That's why trading him to the Lakers is terrible. If you're going to help someone, don't help the team from one of the two biggest markets in the league (and our biggest former rival) get fatter. Even if they give up some potentially good players, Cousins is actually a good player. They automatically win. Have you heard Lakers fans? They talk like this is an exercise of a power, not a bilateral exchange.

Lastly if it's Karl or Cousins it would be bizarre to me if Kings FO chose Karl. It shows horrific assets management. Karl is not a critical asset, he's a helpful contributor. It's not like he's been our coach for 20 years like Jerry Sloan was for the Jazz. He has yet to successfully install a system that positively defines the team.

I wasn't trying to change your mind. So you can stand by what you said and I can tell you what a person in a position of authority has to weight when steering an organization.

Yes, the fanbase is important. They buy tickets and merch and give life in the arena and the community. But you don't bow to public pressure if you have been brought it to institute a culture change. I believe that is part of the job description for the head of the Kings Org looking back at the past decade of performance. You make decisions that not everyone agrees with that YOU feels is in the best interest of the Org. I'm not taking Vlade off the hook, Im placing him firmly on it. If he makes a move and in a few years we are still picking in the lottery, its on him and the same if he doesn't and DMC just leaves or implodes the team chemistry wise and demands a trade or leaves in free agency, its on him. You have to look at the situation and be ready to make the hard choices. That is the burden of responability.

I also know that some fans would be mad or discouaged or frustrated or say forget the Kings if Cousins is moved to the Lakers. That is their right but if 2 years from now we are winning and are in the new arena with a new direction and energy, what I can promise is that place will be full of screaming sactown cowbell ringing crazies!

Notice I never said in any post that trading DMC was the right choice. It's Vlade and Bratz job to look at Cousins as a whole, not only his 24pts and 12rebs but also his leadership, growth, potential, temperament, how he reacts to adversity, his locker room presence, whether other players rally around him, practice habits. All these things and more should be considered IN THEIR VIEW, not ours. Are souces are the media with their own motives. They are on the ground floor. They have to do the same thing with Karl and make a decision if he is the guy they can be on the same page with them moving forward. It's great to a strong pieces but if all pieces can't be on the same page and move together then you will never be successful.

I respect your position and your perspective on these issues. Thanks for sharing. We'll have to wait and see how things pan out.

BTW, there is a very high likelihood I will support Divac's decisions in the future. I think he will explain his reasons for making those decisions when he can.

I was responding to a worst case scenario in a prior post. Probably, given recent news that post is dated.

It sounds like Divac handled the situation well, if reports from USA today have any truth to them.
think peaceful thoughts :meditate:
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Cousins to the Lakers Rumors 

Post#85 » by DarthDiggler69 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:27 am

Kinda dumb to trade Cousins to the Lakers they have nothing to offer
gustofwind
Rookie
And1: 649

Post#86 » by gustofwind » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:29 am

City of Trees wrote:Is this article real life?

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20150625/lakers-pass-on-acquiring-demarcus-cousins-from-sacramento

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

On one hand, the idea that the Lakers would choose not to continue to try to trade for Cousins isn't too shocking. I thought they should preserve their assets instead of cashing them in too early.

On the other hand, what's really shocking is when he says the #2 pick was never seriously in play as part of the trade. That should be offensive to Kings fans, and shows Laker arrogance.

In another report from RealGM, Lakers didn't want to include Randle either.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/238364/Lakers-Unwilling-To-Include-Julius-Randle-In-Cousins-Talks

What exactly was he planning on using to obtain Cousins? A bag of pretzels?
think peaceful thoughts :meditate:
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#87 » by blind prophet » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:33 am

Just good PR posturing by the Lakers.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#88 » by blind prophet » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:35 am

This has only just begun, it will not stop, in every conceivable scenario coming up we are going to be looked upon poorly most likely. Fegan will continue this as best as he can.
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#89 » by benchmobbin02 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:54 am

gustofwind wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
gustofwind wrote:

Yes, the fanbase is important. They buy tickets and merch and give life in the arena and the community. But you don't bow to public pressure if you have been brought it to institute a culture change. I believe that is part of the job description for the head of the Kings Org looking back at the past decade of performance. You make decisions that not everyone agrees with that YOU feels is in the best interest of the Org. I'm not taking Vlade off the hook, Im placing him firmly on it. If he makes a move and in a few years we are still picking in the lottery, its on him and the same if he doesn't and DMC just leaves or implodes the team chemistry wise and demands a trade or leaves in free agency, its on him. You have to look at the situation and be ready to make the hard choices. That is the burden of responability.

I also know that some fans would be mad or discouaged or frustrated or say forget the Kings if Cousins is moved to the Lakers. That is their right but if 2 years from now we are winning and are in the new arena with a new direction and energy, what I can promise is that place will be full of screaming sactown cowbell ringing crazies!

Notice I never said in any post that trading DMC was the right choice. It's Vlade and Bratz job to look at Cousins as a whole, not only his 24pts and 12rebs but also his leadership, growth, potential, temperament, how he reacts to adversity, his locker room presence, whether other players rally around him, practice habits. All these things and more should be considered IN THEIR VIEW, not ours. Are souces are the media with their own motives. They are on the ground floor. They have to do the same thing with Karl and make a decision if he is the guy they can be on the same page with them moving forward. It's great to a strong pieces but if all pieces can't be on the same page and move together then you will never be successful.

I respect your position and your perspective on these issues. Thanks for sharing. We'll have to wait and see how things pan out.

BTW, there is a very high likelihood I will support Divac's decisions in the future. I think he will explain his reasons for making those decisions when he can.

I was responding to a worst case scenario in a prior post. Probably, given recent news that post is dated.

It sounds like Divac handled the situation well, if reports from USA today have any truth to them.

I hope Im right and Vlade is the right man for the job and can get Karl and DMC together on the same page and my support is well founded. Not for the reason of putting anyone on here down or say that I told anyone so but ONLY because it means we are finally moving it the right direction again. Let's win some games damnit!
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#90 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:22 pm

If anyone can do it, it's Vlade.

Return to Sacramento Kings