ImageImageImageImageImage

Can We Just Fire Karl Now And Be Done With it.

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Re: Can We Just Fire Karl Now And Be Done With it. 

Post#241 » by Wolfay » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:20 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:
Wolfay wrote:The same things happened with Malone and he was the greatest coach evarz. You people are unbelievably reactionary, except SacKingZZZ who just blatantly makes stuff up.

Like what? Point it out. I'm "calling you out".

My issue is that more than few have recognized the exact issue which is consistently recreated game in, game out.

Like saying that Collison killed us. He wasn't put back in until 1:30ish.

We still had a 12 point lead when Collison came out at 7:15, and were actually holding steady around that amount for more than a few minutes (our lead was 13 at 10:51). When he came back in at exactly the 1:31 mark, the Hornets were at the line tying the game. The lead evaporated with Collison on the bench, ergo you lied.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#242 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:40 am

Wolfay wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
Wolfay wrote:The same things happened with Malone and he was the greatest coach evarz. You people are unbelievably reactionary, except SacKingZZZ who just blatantly makes stuff up.

My issue is that more than few have recognized the exact issue which is consistently recreated game in, game out.

We still had a 12 point lead when Collison came out at 7:15, and were actually holding steady around that amount for more than a few minutes (our lead was 13 at 10:51). When he came back in at exactly the 1:31 mark, the Hornets were at the line tying the game. The lead evaporated with Collison on the bench, ergo you lied.

Where did I say Collison "killed us"? The problem isn't just Collison, the problem is Collison and Rondo in a pick and roll switch defense. I guess you didn't see Collison guarding Frank the Tank there either? Or Rondo guarding Batum?

Once again, the momentum turned in the 3rd when Collison came in. The +/- says going small being a detriment is far from made up, and yes, the last possession in the Hornets game was pretty self evident. Having Rondo, Collison, and Belinelli out there together was just completely exploited by the opposing coach. Collison was in the role of helper on that last play, watch it again. See what happened.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#243 » by bleeds_purple » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:44 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
Wolfay wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

Where did I say Collison "killed us"? The problem isn't just Collison, the problem is Collison and Rondo in a pick and roll switch defense. I guess you didn't see Collison guarding Frank the Tank there either? Or Rondo guarding Batum?

Once again, the momentum turned in the 3rd when Collison came in. The +/- says going small being a detriment is far from made up, and yes, the last possession in the Hornets game was pretty self evident. Having Rondo, Collison, and Belinelli out there together was just completely exploited by the opposing coach. Collison was in the role of helper on that last play, watch it again. See what happened.

I gotta agree with SacKingZZZ here the pick and roll switches were horrible and running double PGs when Batum was playing SG was horrible. Add to that the fact that when Collison first came into the game he decided he should go 100 miles an hour and turn it over multiple times and he didn't have what I would call a great game.

Beyond that, I couldn't believe we weren't playing WCS at the end of that game. He's our only rim protector and yet we sit there letting a midget like Walker destroy us on dribble drives and refuse to put in any sort of defense.
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#244 » by Wolfay » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:45 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
Wolfay wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

The momentum switched, but we had completely stalled it for a good 3+ minute stretch, but lost control again when Collison went to the bench. It's there plain as day in the play-by-play and with objective eyes watching the game. You derive your premises from a conclusion instead of the other, logical way around.

And besides, Collison and Rondo weren't a problem last night against Milwaukee.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#245 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:59 pm

Wolfay wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
Wolfay wrote:

The momentum switched, but we had completely stalled it for a good 3+ minute stretch, but lost control again when Collison went to the bench. It's there plain as day in the play-by-play and with objective eyes watching the game. You derive your premises from a conclusion instead of the other, logical way around.

And besides, Collison and Rondo weren't a problem last night against Milwaukee.

Go back to the game thread, I have to two consecutive posts describing what was happening at the time, so, I was definitely watching what was happening. There is no objectivity needed when stating obvious fact.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#246 » by OGSactownballer » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:35 am

It's pretty basic and the numbers you all provided above prove this.

Collison is great to deal with guarding small fast guards like Walker because he can at least stay in front of them. However, without SOME sort of rim protector behind him, that is only so good.
That is why despite the fact that when they (Walker especially) got hot, we were still holding steady while Collison was guarding Walker.
The real difference though was Charlotte going huge at all the other positions while we went small but not fast without shooters to compensate and our center nailed to the floor against two young athletic seven footers.
nolimit0820
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#247 » by nolimit0820 » Wed Dec 2, 2015 12:08 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/demarcus-cousins--rajon-rondo-have-positive--“powerful”-meeting-with-kings-coach-george-karl-223318996.html

I think I can post a link to an article? But regardless...great read

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
teerfour+40LG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,129

Post#248 » by teerfour+40LG » Wed Dec 2, 2015 1:29 am

nolimit0820 wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/news/demarcus-cousins--rajon-rondo-have-positive--“powerful”-meeting-with-kings-coach-george-karl-223318996.html

I think I can post a link to an article? But regardless...great read

Yes, great read. I'm glad Karl is open to this, because I do think his coaching needs adjustments. I'm glad Cousins is trying to make it work, and of course I never doubted Rondo for a second.
nolimit0820
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#249 » by nolimit0820 » Thu Dec 3, 2015 3:07 pm

Great conversation happening on the Celtics board in regard to this article. Subject is titled "Miracle in Sacramento." Very educated fans with intelligent perspectives.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#250 » by Kings2013 » Thu Dec 3, 2015 10:15 pm

It's great to have veterans in this situation with Cousins stepping up as a leader, I think this might be a self managed group with Karl's apparent lack of zest. I don't like that Karl has to be told by the vets that a slowe pace is needed. I don't think he will be around next season but for now it might be better that the group is able to find its own identity without an authoritarian presence, given how much talent and vet influence is on the team
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#251 » by benchmobbin02 » Fri Dec 4, 2015 1:27 am

It great that the team leaders are willing to sit down with the coach to work on communication. The veteran floor general and emerging superstar understand how important it is to all move together and be involved in the give and take that makes all successful teams great. Karl has shown patience and flexibility in dealing with what was thought to be a disaster of a roster by outsiders and aquestion mark by many insiders. Karl along with Vlade, Rondo, DMC and Vivek all have the desire, drive, attitude and skill to really build a long term winner and they are taking the right steps.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#252 » by LApwnd » Fri Dec 4, 2015 4:17 am

We should trade coaches...scott for george.....i want to see an uptempo O with george....you guys get a coach who will cater to your stars lol
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#253 » by KF10 » Fri Dec 4, 2015 11:53 pm

LApwnd wrote:We should trade coaches...scott for george.....i want to see an uptempo O with george....you guys get a coach who will cater to your stars lol

Nah, Scott is horrible lol

No deal!
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#254 » by jeffjtk1234 » Mon Dec 7, 2015 8:45 pm

We should have waited all last season and rebooted with Thibs. We're stuck with Karl unless they want yet another coach in here.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#255 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Dec 7, 2015 11:31 pm

jeffjtk1234 wrote:We should have waited all last season and rebooted with Thibs. We're stuck with Karl unless they want yet another coach in here.

Well they didn't see that coming, and Karls agent was able to stir up enough buzz about the interest of his client from other teams for the Kings to bite.

If fans are mad about Karl many of them have only themselves to blame. The fans practically chose him for craps sake. :lol:

I don't think Karl is this bad, no way, but this not really being a team capable in playing the same ways he did in Denver won't change and unless those inhuman Cousins 3's reappear sometime soon there might not be a way out. When teams stop believing, they stop believing and right, wrong, or whatever, Karl hasn't given them much reason to believe.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant

Post#256 » by Kings2013 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:25 pm

Saw an interesting quote from Karl in today's Sacramento Bee http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/kings-blog/article50733240.html

"If we get a more serious, play-hard mentality, a more serious defensive mentality, I'll take all the blame in the world. You can blame me all night long. But when I'm managing attitude, when I'm managing approach, when I'm managing professionalism then yeah, my x's and o's aren't good, either."

This is interesting because my fear is that having an older kind of lethargic coach like Karl, as opposed to a young, vibrant guy a la Quin Snyder, may serve to motivate the team less solely based on enthusiasm, as in the old adage the team takes on the personality of the coach. Managing attitude and approach ARE part of coaching, and players have to want to play for you on a personal level as well.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#257 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:16 pm

I don't know how playing 4 feet away from the shooters at the corners is effort related? Are the players supposed to effort their way into being in two places at one time? Getting around screens I can see, but not all players can pull that off. Collison can to an extent. With faulty x's and o's the effort will eventually fade. Pushing a boulder up hill both ways kind of wears on players and them quitting is an unfortunate eventuality. We'll see if the words inspire them.
PaKwAn
Veteran
And1: 1,541

Post#258 » by PaKwAn » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:50 am

Karl was another mistake this organization has made..to his credit,he did a pretty good job in getting the fans attention to get vivek to pull the trigger...
Kings2013
Lead Assistant

Post#259 » by Kings2013 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:50 am

Cousins and Karl just seem very subtly not on the same page in recent times after games.
http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/kings-blog/article51025090.html

Cousins

"I don't feel as if we made any adjustments when it was needed at the time," Cousins said.

"I'm trying to find my way right now," Cousins said. "This is new to me; it's a new playing style to me. I'm just trying to be coachable."

Karl

"We've always had a little bit of a problem protecting Cuz at times," Karl said. "When we don't play big, we sometimes have trouble protecting Cuz in his runbacks."
Kings2013
Lead Assistant

Post#260 » by Kings2013 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:58 am

I'm sitting here listening to the Kings Insider and they are bringing up some points, and for me personally I have a lot of doubts on Karl

The untradeable comment which didn't work to establish rapport with the teams best player
Playing a offensive system that doesn't suit the teams best player
Playing vets ahead of the young players even when the younger players are out performing on a night (Ben v Marco sometimes)
Using gimmicky D schemes
Being old and having a non energetic persona
I think the team's talent is better than its record now

Just a lot of things that are off for me where I'm kind of waiting for the coaching carousel to continue this summer and seeing the new direction after a sort of lame duck season. I hope this gets better and Karl shows me something

Return to Sacramento Kings